[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Any more hints?

Any more hints?

Is teh Debil. Commiserate (or flaunt it) here. Other tradeskills too.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Poll ended at Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:13 am

2%
9%
48%
41%
No votes

Total votes : 54

Any more hints?

Postby Petmemore » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:13 am

Petmemore

Postby Cronikk » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:49 am

Cronikk

Server: The Magnificent 7th

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:51 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Zaviax » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:54 pm

Zaviax

Server: Tunare

Postby Kumeldar » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:40 pm

Kumeldar

Server: Drinal

Warrior Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Banebear » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:47 pm

Banebear

Server: Erollis Marr

Shaman Main

Postby Macnair » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:03 am

I didn't vote on this, because it looks like the poll isn't asking what I suspect you really want to know.

The most popular potions are probably not the ones shamans use, since we are only a small fraction of the population.

For most classes under level 65, I would guess that SoW potions are still the most popular; but I don't make these any more, leaving this particular item for others to make and sell. They are cheap to buy; they provide a genuinely useful effect; the effect lasts a long time, so they are a good value. But as a shaman I never use these at all.

I have made the most money from Gate Potions. I don't make them to sell any more, but I still get more requests from guild mates for these over any others. They are considerably more expensive; they have a useful effect, but they take a long time to cast so they can replace a port but can't replace an evac; still, when you need a Gate Potion you really really do need one. But again as a shaman I never use these at all.

For my own use I carry usually around 40 HoT potions and 20 kei potions.

The HoT potions are in slot 1 of my potion belt, and I will generally use 2, maybe 8 to 10, most every time I am soloing; when a couple of adds show up it is very useful to slap an additional instant-cast HoT on myself without needing to retarget. (Slot 2 of the potion belt is a Vial of Swirling Smoke. 8) )

I probably use 1 or 2 kei potions a week, but I end up giving away 8 to 10 each week to group members who have died and been rezzed and there's no enchanter around. Most of the people I group with carry a stack or two themselves; the give aways usually are for the random-sixth-player we have picked up.

There continues to be a small-but-noteworthy need for other utility potions: shrink, levitate, damage shield, FT3. Improved Invisibility would be an expensive but steady seller if there were any reliable way to get the ingredients.

Macnair

Server: Vazaelle (Maelin Starshine)

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Sownow » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:25 pm

Potions that I sell/make in order of popularity
==============================================================
Fixed Duration Invis (when im actually able to get the components)
Hot Potions
Kithar Disease Treatment Potions
Damage Shield Potions ... which are in sore need of an upgrade IMNSHO
Clairity potions
Heal Potions (I would rate this much higher but most people go for HoT because the direct heal potions do not heal enough)
Gate Potions
Quitenence of knowledge
Blood of wolf

A potion that I think we are in dire need of is a poison cure potion as the only decent poison cure potion I know of is the Straithbone anti venon drop from Kaesorea which at this time is not stackable.
Sownow

Return to Alchemy