[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - gate pot's

gate pot's

Is teh Debil. Commiserate (or flaunt it) here. Other tradeskills too.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

gate pot's

Postby lilkittie » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:20 pm

lilkittie

Postby Magsham » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:23 pm

the potion listed in the new books appears to be broken. As it comes up DNC when tried.
Magsham

Server: The Rathe

Postby Magsham » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:15 pm

Magsham

Postby Jind » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:17 pm

Jind

Server: Fennin Ro

Postby Magsham » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:20 pm

Magsham

Postby Jind » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:02 pm

Jind

Postby Magsham » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:10 pm

Magsham

Postby nanri » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:42 pm

Nanri
nanri

Server: druzzil ro

Postby Maxpower » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:50 pm

Maxpower

Postby mojoejojo » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:53 pm

mojoejojo

Postby Fergas McCaann » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:17 pm

Fergas McCaann

Postby Magsham » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:52 pm

Magsham

Postby Derakahn » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:08 am

Derakahn

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Lemy » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:10 am

Lemy

Server: The Nameless

Shaman Main

Postby Magsham » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:23 am

Magsham

Postby mojoejojo » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:39 am

mojoejojo

Postby nanri » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:09 am

nanri

Server: druzzil ro

Postby Aruman » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:25 am

Cestus Dei
Veeshan(Luclin)
Aruman

Server: Veeshan(Luclin)

Shaman Main

Postby Ssponge » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:55 am

There is always gonna be some upsets on when new stuff is implemented - yes it would be nice if u could just buy every herb there is in the game on one vendour, but would imho make it very boreing also.

On the plusses there is gonna be some system and method in this new alchemy - the strength/potency of the pots will reflect skill and cost - and well allthough atm im banging my head against the wall for every "you cannot combine these items in this container type !", i think once we get used to the changes it will be sweet.

Ssp
Ssponge

How to do this???

Postby Glauri » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:25 am

OK, I guess I'm just slow.

How exactly does one go about making a gate pot now? Do I have to first run around buying books from NPCs? Do I have to start by making lower level recipes?

I was a 300 Alchemist, and can now make exactly nothing. I just want to make gate pots for the tanks in my guild. But I have no clue as to how to go about this.

Glauri
Glauri

Postby Ssponge » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:34 am

dont need the books to make the pots but they offer information on how the new system works. For a simple gate to bind

Heliotrope (2)
Yebamanta
Handfull of prism grain (3)
Blade leaf
Simple potion vial

Blade leaf is bought in Shadowhaven, rest is bought in pok or abysmall at different vendours though

Ssp

(edit: what the shadenfreude said =D)
Last edited by Ssponge on Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ssponge

Postby Spetsnas » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:38 am

Philter of Major Translocation

(3) Handful of Prism Grains
Simple Potion Vial
(2) Heliotrope
Yebamante
Blade Leaf

Your pre-patch Alchemy skill is retained, the new gate potion recipe is above. Steaon Alarenier in Shadow Haven (near the Soulbinder) sells Blade Leaf, I think the rest is in Abysmal Sea and/or PoK.

of Bristlebane
Spetsnas

Server: Bristlebane 4 Life!

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby XeroOmega » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:32 pm

Guardians of the Keep
Drinal
XeroOmega

Server: Drinal

Shaman Main

Postby Tordail » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:45 pm

Yeah. I spent 45 minutes last night trying to get the Suspension of Flame thing to work (I sincerely hate "cannot combine these items" spam) ... only to discover that instead of the whole herbs I was using, I was supposed to be using Fragments of those herbs. And I couldn't find anything that pointed me to that, book-wise.

I think Jonas needs to learn how to take better notes.
~
Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Postby Nonai » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:00 pm

Ok, supremely stupid question. Do we have to make the vials? Or is there somewhere to buy them? Or are this a sneaky way of putting something in the game potters can make money off of at low levels of pottery?

Gah....
Nonai

Server: Xegony

Postby Tordail » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:17 pm

Some vials you can purchase, others you must make at the pottery wheel.
Tordail

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Imapercent » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:26 pm

I may be premature with this comment, but it appears that the only potions that need the tradeskill made vials are for the throwing (Suspensions), while the others are merchant buyable.
Imapercent Nottawhole
Imapercent

Server: Halas

Postby Tordail » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:32 pm

Aye, that is my impression as well.
Tordail

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Aristein » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:14 pm

I am taking a wait-and-see attitude, but right now am not very pleased with this shake-up. This is like the 3rd time Alchemy has been "revamped" in all the years, and I am not confident it will be any better. If there are indeed more powerful effects for the more complex combines, then great. Honestly, I feel clueless as to why all these changes were made. If there was the need to make skilling up more uniform, then add new recipes. Of course, I am sure I have missed the finer details of why.

Take care...
Aristein

Server: Povar

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Return to Alchemy