[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - leveling the tradeskill trophy

leveling the tradeskill trophy

Is teh Debil. Commiserate (or flaunt it) here. Other tradeskills too.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

leveling the tradeskill trophy

Postby Zillanex » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:02 am

Bit uncertain on this and perhaps someone can clarify it for me,
right now my alchemy is 284 and the tropy adds 8% so i end up around 304, with cap being 300 doing combines that trivials at 348
will the tropy level even though my skill can't increase? would be sweet to get it to 15% but might not work until i get the aa's.
Zillanex

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main

Postby Samanna » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:06 am

I believe that the trophy AND your skill will still improve, skillups are based on your unmodified skill. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I got skillups when my modified skill was above trivial, but unmodified was below - even with orb equipped.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Catmandew » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:51 am

Catmandew

Server: Stromm

Shaman Main

Postby Zillanex » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:09 am

Zillanex

Shaman Main

Postby Brohg » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:43 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Renia » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:24 pm

I just got my Freshman alchemist trophy, but the question is – what do I have to do in order to evolve it? My skill is atm at 179 (never cared about alchemy until I needed it for epic). If I understand this right it would be by doing potions that has a trivial of 100 above my skill (i.e over 279) – but how many? And, would it at any stage be better to destroy it and get a new task?

In fact, Samanna, I think we could use a compiled information on the trophy, it's spread out in a lot of threads, many of them was about finding out what ingredients to use in those potions for the already skilled alchemists. Not all of us have maxed out our alchemy skill, so we need info for everyone. Besides, EQ trader has lists on what potions/ingredients is required for each quest, so we can skip that out now.

Something like this, maybe (trying to be very basic, but maybe this is too basic.) Please correct anything I got wrong.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tradeskills
There are different kind of tradeskills like alchemy, baking, tinkering etc. Some tradeskills can only be made by a certain class, like alchemy, which can only be made by shamans, or by a certain race, like tinkering, which is only gnome made. Making an item using a tradeskill usually requires some kind of tool, as a medicine bag or a fishing pole, and some kind of ingredients, like herbs or bait. Some ingredients can be store bought, others have to be farmed, especially at higher trivial.

The items you make will have a trivial set. If the trivial of the item you are trying to do is higher than your skill, your skill will increase, but not with every item you do. If your skill is far below that trivial, you will fail a lot, while doing the combines.If your skill equals the trivial, or is above it, you will no longer be able to increase your skill, but you still will fail, just not as much.

You can raise the chance for a successful combine, by equipping some items with alchemy modifiers, like player made geerlocks, mob dropped items, or tradeskill trophys, an evolving item which is a result from a quest. While have your alchemist modifier equipped it will look like you have a higher skill, but skillups are still based on your unmodified skill. You can also use AAs to increase tradeskill caps or to reduce failures. (can certain stats increase the success rate too?)

Alchemist Trophy
Depending on your skill in alchemy, you will be asked to make a list with a couple of different potions, and the reward will be a Beginner Alchemist Trophy and a Certificate depending on your current skill. By putting the certificate in your medicine bag and hitting combine your new trophy will evolve to another one, matching your skill. In order to evolve it further you need to make a X number of potions with a skill that have a trivial of 100 or more above your skill ???? while you have your trophy equipped. This means that if your skill is less than YY ????? from the next level, you would probably benefit from first leveling up your skill to that level, and then do the quest.

Current skill___Name_______________Alchemy Modifier__ Example on potions and numbers needed for next lvl

50-99_____Beginner Alchemist Trophy________ +1%____________________ ????
100-149___Apprentice Alchemist Trophy______ +3%
150-199___Freshman Alchemist Trophy _______ +4%
200-249___Journeyman Alchemist Trophy _____ +5%
250-299___Expert Alchemist Trophy ___________ +8%
300_______Master Alchemist Trophy _________+12%__________________1000 combines of PoK potions X once you hit 300 unmodified
??? Mundunugu medicin stick +15%

Tried to make this into a nice looking table, but didn't know how :(
Renia

Shaman Main

Postby Andurel » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:34 pm

* If I understand this right it would be by doing potions that has a trivial of 100 above my skill (i.e over 279) *

- you DONT want to do trivials that are over 279 . if the trivial is more than 100 above your current skill, you will still get skillups but your trophy will not advance until your actual skill is within 100 again.
Andurel Spiritkeeper
Tunare Server
Andurel

Server: Tunare

Postby Yesak » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:15 pm

"Sometimes you have to face your demons, sometimes the demon is you." - Yesak Demunstorm
Yesak

Shaman Main

Postby Scowls » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:43 am

Scowls

Veteran -

Server: Prexus (TerrisThule)

SG vs Sebilis

Postby Huurgh » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:01 am

Forget Sebilis!

Siren's Grotto and Deepwater Ink are the way to level your trophy.

Why? Well the Bulthar/walrusses in SG drop 2! DWI each time, if they drop them. You have around 20 closely spaced mobs, that allow you to just keep killing indefinetly. And you are even able to grind some AA points there. Normally you will have max 1 add on you. They drop tribute items and some cash items too.

Worst thing that can happen is, that two of three randomspawned nameds spawn close together.

In Sebilis these days, I would say only 30% of all "chain frogs" drop NBL, almost all mobs are green. I do not think that the faster kill speed in Sebilis negates the lower drop rate.

With 100pp you can start to lvl your trophy or skill, and even if sold to vendors, you get a good enough profit out of the IXers. Triv is 303, and more then enough to skill up your trophy.

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert A. Heinlein
Huurgh

Magician Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Yesak » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:07 am

Yesak

Shaman Main

Postby Scowls » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:20 am

Scowls

Veteran -

Server: Prexus (TerrisThule)

Postby ThraallFV » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:47 am

Thraall
Firiona Vie
ThraallFV

Server: Firiona Vie

Shaman Main

Postby Renia » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:23 am

Ok, so it was 100 in range instead? Makes much more sense now :D

I found that sow potions V (trivial 210) was a pretty good choice to lvl up, since all ingredients is vendor sold, while I have to farm autumn crocuses for VII potions. I had a couple of crocuses in bank and made clarity potions out of that, thenI left trader on when I logged for the night. Next morning all SOW potions were gone, but not the clarity potions.
Renia

Shaman Main

That explains it

Postby Qnari » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:40 pm

Qnari

Return to Alchemy