[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Potion buff slots

Potion buff slots

Is teh Debil. Commiserate (or flaunt it) here. Other tradeskills too.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Potion buff slots

Postby SBBD » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:53 am

SBBD

Shaman Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby Vigdis » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:39 am

Vigdis

Server: Formerly Vallon Zek, now known as Vigdisdottir on Antonius

Shaman Main

Postby Clamford » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:16 am

I thought the potions were implemented so that you didn't need PC buffs to function (i.e. a group doesn't need a chanter for chanter-type buffs; they can get by with potions if no chanters are available). If PC buffs stacked with potions, every smart player would be back in the same boat as before, needing to find every type of PC to buff them, in addition to using potions. Of course you could use one or the other, but you could also use none of them, and realistically no one does that.

I think potions are a way to address the iffy server populations of today. Making them stack with PC buffs undoes that fix.
Clamford

Paladin Main

Postby Retron » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:41 pm

Retron

Server: Antonius Bayle (ex-VS)

Shaman Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby Catmandew » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:49 pm

I would not mind some No Trade potions that we could make and use that would stack with other classes buffs, since we don't get any sort of self HP buff. I also truely miss the days when a snare potion was actually worth having, but life is changes and we move on.
Catmandew

Server: Stromm

Shaman Main

Postby Kianor » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:11 am

I think that having a potion alternative to player buffs is valuable, I don't think we should lose that and I don't think that the current potions should be made to stack with player buffs.

However, I do like the idea of adding something on top of that. The problem with that is if it's useful, in some situations it becomes a "must have". Can you imagine a HP or AC potion that stacks with everything else? It will become a must have on raids. If it's not useful, it's irrelevant anyway.

I like alchemy, and I want it to be useful, but I don't want EQ to go the way of WoW where everyone needs to farm continuously for potions for raids because they make all the difference.
Kianor

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main

Postby Kilgaroz » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:34 am

Kilgaroz

Server: Saryrn

Bard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Unmei » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:52 pm

Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Postby Kilgaroz » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:29 pm

Back when we were raiding in Ssra, most of the clerics kept me busy making Greater Concentration. They didn't have mana regen clickies and every bit helped on some of the longer fights.
Kilgaroz

Server: Saryrn

Bard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Retron » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:58 am

Retron

Shaman Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:53 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Retron » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:32 am

Retron

Shaman Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:14 am

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Unmei » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:28 pm

Unmei

Veteran --

Enchanter Main

Postby Macnair » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:12 pm

Back in the day I was pretty aggressive in marketing potions, but in general the ones that sold were gate and port potions, sow and shrink, and the pre-nerf calimony potions (which were very powerful if used in particular circumstances). I think I had an overall alchemy profit of about 23,000 plat, after subtracting the costs of skilling up to 250. That was notable amount of cash to me, back then.

I don't work on making money on alchemy any more. There are several hundred doses of Clarity X, HoT X, and DS X for sale in the Maelin bazaar at any given moment. I still make my own, but only for my own toons and occasionally for guildmates.

Macnair

Server: Vazaelle (Maelin Starshine)

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Kaisung » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:19 am

Like MacNair, I mostly make potions for my own use. Clarity X for when the chanters are on strike (or I can't be bothered to go find one), Quint of Knowledge for my Ranger's Concerentia (sp?) neck item, Gate pots for all my non-gaters, No-fail invis pots for my cleric, and Celestial Healing X for use after a Frenzied Canni - brings me right back up to full health. About the only thing I bother trying to sell are illusion pots if/when I happen to get the various parts to make them with. Nothing else is worth trying to sell in the 7th bazaar, as they just don't bring in much of a profit. Too many people undercutting prices to the point that you can barely make a single plat's worth of profit on a sale. Hell, I put a stack of SoW5 pots on my mule for exactly 1 Plat more than my cost to make, and they never sold.

Making potions stackable with other buffs would solve the marketing issues for alchemy, by making the potions way more attractive, but like others here, I question what it will do to gameplay.
Bolverkr 91 Ranger
Kaisung 91 Shaman
Kaisung

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:49 am

I'd rather see potions remain an alternative (vs addition) to player buffs. I don't want to have to have a bunch of potions in effect to keep up with the Joneses.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Return to Alchemy