Is this all???????

Is teh Debil. Commiserate (or flaunt it) here. Other tradeskills too.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Is this all???????

Postby rachle » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:50 am

Are Distance Affinity and Skinspikes the only new potions we got this expansion? No new hotts, heals, haste or clarity? Or did I miss it?
rachle
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:26 am
Server: Prexus

Postby Veril » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:21 am

Haste and Clarity are as high as they will go, due to class balance vs the spells castable by with beastlords, shaman and chanters (and prolly druids and bards)

Heals and HoT's were planned, but have been held back for further review due to class balance once more.

I think we have the full set of affinity spells available.
Veril
 
Veteran -
 
Posts: 1213
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:05 am
Server: Antonius Bayle


Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Unmei » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:51 pm

I successfully made new, higher level stat buff potions the other day, just working from the book on the merchant. (Sue me, it's nice to be able to overcap my charisma.).

Essentially, right now, it's a -very- safe bet to theorize that all ranked, non-storebought potions (except Blood of the Wolf) have been upgraded. So that's all the focus potions (Not that you really need higher ranks of regen and efficiency awareness with the focus degradation change on them), skinspikes, stat buffs, resist buffs.

So yeah, not many upgrades to potions people actually use, but numerically, quite a lot.
User avatar
Unmei
 
Veteran --
 
Posts: 2031
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:11 pm
Server: 7th Hammer


Enchanter Main

Postby Survivar » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:20 pm

There is also new Suspension of Slime/Pestilence/Toxin/Flame/Frost in the new Expansion made with Bur Sunshard Powder and Fungus like the rest of the stuff..
Image
Survivar
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:18 pm
Server: Xegony


Shaman Main
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby xilly » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:00 pm

Any idea what to do with Dweric Powder?
Image
[80 Spiritwatcher (Shaman)] Xilly Somnambulist of the Daybringers (Froglok)


Myspace~
User avatar
xilly
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:14 am
Server: Cazic-Thule (Brell Serilis)


Shaman Main
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Veril » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:18 am

I think dweric powerder + raw facite is used to make dwerium
Veril
 
Veteran -
 
Posts: 1213
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:05 am
Server: Antonius Bayle


Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby xilly » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:09 pm

I know raw faycite crystals and platinum bars make Dwerium bars.. still can't find a use for the powder. I'm hoping it's gonna be alchemy useable, since my master trophy is 50% from being maxed. :(
User avatar
xilly
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:14 am
Server: Cazic-Thule (Brell Serilis)


Shaman Main
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Unmei » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:29 pm

Dweric powder is definitely NOT used for Dwerium, as logical as that might have seemed. Hell if I know what it -is- for. Does anyone know if Curzon, Luciderm and Urticaceae are good for anything yet?
User avatar
Unmei
 
Veteran --
 
Posts: 2031
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:11 pm
Server: 7th Hammer


Enchanter Main

Postby Zyba » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:46 pm

Or Aderise Burr - those *could* be poison ingredients but I always assumed they were for alchemy.
Zyba
 
..
 
Posts: 501
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:11 pm

Postby Finori » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:58 pm

Unmei wrote:Dweric powder is definitely NOT used for Dwerium, as logical as that might have seemed. Hell if I know what it -is- for. Does anyone know if Curzon, Luciderm and Urticaceae are good for anything yet?

I read Ngreth saying that at least Curzon maybe for the outstanding potions on which they havent decided on yet. HoT and Heal for instance.
Finori
 
...
 
Posts: 641
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:26 pm

Postby Macnair » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:11 pm

Aderirse bur is for alchemy, making Skinspikes XIII potion.

http://crucible.samanna.net/viewtopic.php?t=5188
The Macnair Video
Master Artisan (300 x 8 skills)
User avatar
Macnair
 
....
 
Posts: 917
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:37 am
Server: Vazaelle (Maelin Starshine)


Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Unmei » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:15 am

Macnair wrote:Aderirse bur is for alchemy, making Skinspikes XIII potion.

http://crucible.samanna.net/viewtopic.php?t=5188


Oversimplification. Aderise Bur is for alchemy, for making ANY XIII potion.

Honestly, I'm -boggled- by how little effort shamans seem to have put into this. I'm still scooping up all the new alchemy components at sub 10pp each, and routinely find piles on vendors. The handful of skinspikes XI's I made (little shaman's alchemy is kinda low still. Failed 12 out of 20), sold in an eyeblink at what I thought was a very solid price.

Does no one use any of the other potions at all?
User avatar
Unmei
 
Veteran --
 
Posts: 2031
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:11 pm
Server: 7th Hammer


Enchanter Main

Postby Tordail » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:20 am

It amuses me too, Unmei. My guildys are awesome and they've been collecting Aderirse Burr, Versleiurd Fungus (butchered the spelling on that one, I bet) and Sunshard Powder by the bagload for me. Been using them to make Skinspikes potions with. They always reimburse me for the components, too, so all I got to do is sit around and click Combine for awhile and people get pretty nice potions to fool with. When I have a second, I'll stop and check a vendor if I run by one and I always grab up several of each component. I haven't sold any in bazaar since I've been making them for guildys, but I have heard reports that they sell exceptionally well.
Tordail
The Grumpy One
 
Veteran -
 
Posts: 1359
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:00 pm
Server: Luclin


Shaman Main

Postby Veril » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:05 pm

I've made a bunch of potions, mostly skinspikes for the guild.

On a personal basis I make ad use the following when I am soloing:
Detrimental Extension. 1 extra tick on all DoT's really adds up when I lay a total of 9-10 dots per mob kill. It is 1 "mana free" dot. That translates to about a 10% mana savings.
Detrimental Mana Preservation. 5% is a small but noticable ammount.

The mana savings from the two above potions allow me to use an extra dot on mobs for faster kills. And as we all know faster kills translate straight into more XP.

For grouping, or on raids I often use:
Beneficial Extension. The main benefit of this is that it extends PumaRk2 from 1:06 to 1:12 - that again adds up over time, especially when I am keeping puma up on several groups on a burn situation.
Veril
 
Veteran -
 
Posts: 1213
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:05 am
Server: Antonius Bayle


Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Retron » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:15 pm

Unmei wrote:I successfully made new, higher level stat buff potions the other day, just working from the book on the merchant. (Sue me, it's nice to be able to overcap my charisma.).

I don't usually have enchanter buffs when I play, so I've been making the Comprehension and Avian potions - I gain around 500 mana from the two of them, and for two vers-thingy fungi or two sunshard powders it's a cheap way of expanding my pool for an hour.

And it still intrigues me that the WIS / INT potions offer overcap buffs when the enchanter originals don't! Why they haven't added overcap stats to the KEI line I'll never know...
User avatar
Retron
 
...
 
Posts: 795
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:11 am
Server: Antonius Bayle (ex-VS)


Shaman Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby Unmei » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:14 pm

Retron wrote:
Unmei wrote:I successfully made new, higher level stat buff potions the other day, just working from the book on the merchant. (Sue me, it's nice to be able to overcap my charisma.).

I don't usually have enchanter buffs when I play, so I've been making the Comprehension and Avian potions - I gain around 500 mana from the two of them, and for two vers-thingy fungi or two sunshard powders it's a cheap way of expanding my pool for an hour.

And it still intrigues me that the WIS / INT potions offer overcap buffs when the enchanter originals don't! Why they haven't added overcap stats to the KEI line I'll never know...


Enchanters don't know either. We've been asking for this since OoW. ;)

My shaman -loves- the detrimental extension potions (Note: With the idiotic way that detrimental extension works, and the recent focus changes, Efficiency Awareness III covers all DoTs up to level 79 and anything higher will give you a free tick on anything!) and the beneficial extension ones when she's healing. And I -really- ought to foist off some detrimental extension ones on Unmei as well.

What Detrimental Mana Pres potions are you using, Veril? I thought there weren't any generic detrimental mana pres ones, only by resist type? (Maybe should get some Magic based ones for Unmei. Or some beneficial ones for the shaman.)

Focus potions just generally make me happy.
User avatar
Unmei
 
Veteran --
 
Posts: 2031
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:11 pm
Server: 7th Hammer


Enchanter Main

Postby Veril » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:44 pm

Ah, I use the poison one when I am dotting/soloing. 5 poison dots, 2 magic ones.
Veril
 
Veteran -
 
Posts: 1213
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:05 am
Server: Antonius Bayle


Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Unmei » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:53 pm

Veril wrote:Ah, I use the poison one when I am dotting/soloing. 5 poison dots, 2 magic ones.


That's not a bad idea.
User avatar
Unmei
 
Veteran --
 
Posts: 2031
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:11 pm
Server: 7th Hammer


Enchanter Main

Ink

Postby Huurgh » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:38 am

xilly wrote:I know raw faycite crystals and platinum bars make Dwerium bars.. still can't find a use for the powder. I'm hoping it's gonna be alchemy useable, since my master trophy is 50% from being maxed. :(


Go farm deepwater ink.
Image


"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert A. Heinlein
User avatar
Huurgh
Not bad for an alt.
 
.
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:18 am
Server: Antonius Bayle


Magician Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Layya EQOracle » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:16 am

Unmei wrote:
Retron wrote:
Unmei wrote:I successfully made new, higher level stat buff potions the other day, just working from the book on the merchant. (Sue me, it's nice to be able to overcap my charisma.).

I don't usually have enchanter buffs when I play, so I've been making the Comprehension and Avian potions - I gain around 500 mana from the two of them, and for two vers-thingy fungi or two sunshard powders it's a cheap way of expanding my pool for an hour.

And it still intrigues me that the WIS / INT potions offer overcap buffs when the enchanter originals don't! Why they haven't added overcap stats to the KEI line I'll never know...


Enchanters don't know either. We've been asking for this since OoW. ;)

My shaman -loves- the detrimental extension potions (Note: With the idiotic way that detrimental extension works, and the recent focus changes, Efficiency Awareness III covers all DoTs up to level 79 and anything higher will give you a free tick on anything!) and the beneficial extension ones when she's healing. And I -really- ought to foist off some detrimental extension ones on Unmei as well.

What Detrimental Mana Pres potions are you using, Veril? I thought there weren't any generic detrimental mana pres ones, only by resist type? (Maybe should get some Magic based ones for Unmei. Or some beneficial ones for the shaman.)

Focus potions just generally make me happy.





Sorry just to make sure I understand you the efficiency awareness ones can work on dots 70+ now? I was under the impression that the highest level ones, level 5, (or can you make 5+ now?) stopped working at level 70. I used to use them religiously when soloing but stopped when the majority of my dots were not affected. It would be great if that has changed.
Layya EQOracle
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:43 am
Server: The Rathe

Postby Retron » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:35 am

Layya EQOracle wrote:Sorry just to make sure I understand you the efficiency awareness ones can work on dots 70+ now? I was under the impression that the highest level ones, level 5, (or can you make 5+ now?) stopped working at level 70. I used to use them religiously when soloing but stopped when the majority of my dots were not affected. It would be great if that has changed.

They haven't stopped working at 70 for ages now, ever since the focus degradation system came in.

The recent change from 10% decay to 5% decay was especially sweet for us, as it means the (until recently) much cheaper level III potions will add a tick to DoTs and HoTs up to and including level 79.
User avatar
Retron
 
...
 
Posts: 795
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:11 am
Server: Antonius Bayle (ex-VS)


Shaman Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby Unmei » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:11 pm

Essentially, due to way foci work with extension effects, any extension focus gives a guaranteed bonus of 1 tic. So even if your focus potion is so degraded by being over cap that it only provides +0.5% extension, that still rounds up to one free tic.
User avatar
Unmei
 
Veteran --
 
Posts: 2031
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:11 pm
Server: 7th Hammer


Enchanter Main

Re: Ink

Postby xilly » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:54 pm

Huurgh wrote:
xilly wrote:I know raw faycite crystals and platinum bars make Dwerium bars.. still can't find a use for the powder. I'm hoping it's gonna be alchemy useable, since my master trophy is 50% from being maxed. :(


Go farm deepwater ink.


That would work except for the fact that with my trophy equipped, all of that stuff is trivial. Instead, I farm Nodding Blue Lillies and Sunshard Powder. :/
User avatar
xilly
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:14 am
Server: Cazic-Thule (Brell Serilis)


Shaman Main
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Catmandew » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:20 pm

The skillups is based on your base skill, and not modified skill level, so anything with a 300+ triv on it will count towards skilling your base and trophy, no matter what. So farming the deepwater inks is a valid option.
Catmandew
 
.
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:54 am
Server: Stromm


Shaman Main

Postby xilly » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:43 pm

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but if I've got 300 unmodified and the trophy makes it green (trivial) doesn't that make it useless for evolving the trophy? From what I remember, I thought all combines toward trophy evolution had to be non-trivial (light blue or higher).
User avatar
xilly
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:14 am
Server: Cazic-Thule (Brell Serilis)


Shaman Main
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby WaringMcMarrin » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:58 pm

Based on your unmodified skill.
User avatar
WaringMcMarrin
 
Veteran -
 
Posts: 1871
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:24 am
Server: The Tribunal(Ayonae Ro)


Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:40 pm

Yep - I've gotten skillups on combines which were trivial with Orb (+15%) equipped - combines which would not have been trivial without the Orb.
Your one and only, historically accurate Samanna, baby!
Samanna
 
Veteran -----
 
Posts: 6515
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:49 am
Server: Prexus


Shaman Main

Postby xilly » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:31 pm

I'm not talkin about skill ups.. i'm directly talking about trophy evolution. Same rule?
User avatar
xilly
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:14 am
Server: Cazic-Thule (Brell Serilis)


Shaman Main
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:07 pm

WaringMcMarrin wrote:Based on your unmodified skill.

I believe so, but I don't have a TS trophy myself.
Samanna
 
Veteran -----
 
Posts: 6515
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:49 am
Server: Prexus


Shaman Main

Postby WaringMcMarrin » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:52 pm

Yep its all based off your unmodified skill
User avatar
WaringMcMarrin
 
Veteran -
 
Posts: 1871
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:24 am
Server: The Tribunal(Ayonae Ro)


Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Layya EQOracle » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:04 pm

Thank you so much for the info Retron, Unmei and others ..I recently returned from over a year away from the game and had no idea..much appreciated!
Layya EQOracle
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:43 am
Server: The Rathe

Postby Unmei » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:17 pm

WaringMcMarrin wrote:Yep its all based off your unmodified skill


As Waring said. I'm cheerfully evolving my JC Trophy by cutting Rubellite (trivial: 304), while, with my trophy equipped my skill lists at 336.
User avatar
Unmei
 
Veteran --
 
Posts: 2031
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:11 pm
Server: 7th Hammer


Enchanter Main


Return to Alchemy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest