[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Places to solo at 65-70 - collected wisdom from Crucible

Places to solo at 65-70 - collected wisdom from Crucible

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Places to solo at 65-70 - collected wisdom from Crucible

Postby Gloriana » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:42 am

Sebekiz

Personally I like soloing a bit in Stillmoon Temple in DoN. Most of the mobs don't hit that hard (at least compared to the last couple of expansions), don't summon and don't have a rediculous number of hit points. The only downside if that some of the mobs there tend to cast spells to strip your buffs off, so you might need to keep some dummies up to protect any important ones (like Conviction and KEI)

I've been rather impressed with the Drakes in Lavaspinner's Lair. At level 70 I'm getting up to 3% AA per kill, which isn't bad when you consider how easy they are. The max hit seems to be around 300, and often I'm getting hit for under 100. They don't summon, are spread out enough to easily root/rot, and drop some gems and other items that can allow you to earn a little cash.

I figure at 65 they'll be fairly decent experience, and not too hard to solo.

cattywumpus

If you have good Chardok (Di'zok) faction you can work AAs in the Halls of Betrayal(Chardok B).

If you aren't non-KoS to Di'zok don't bother though. The entrance is at the bottom of Chardok and it would take hours to clear your way there solo. There are both live and undead on the path down so invising there is also more trouble than it's worth.

The zone is a hot zone right now so XP is decent but loot is rare and mostly pretty poor when it does drop but the kills are very easy and best of all, due to it's isolation, it's rarely camped. Everything is dark blue at 65.

Most of the MoBs near the ZI are single pullable and don't run at low health. I can pull them to the ZI with slow (occasional resists but not enough to make me pull with malo) then leopard my pet and myself and most things are dead by the time it wears off. Read a magazine while things get dead, it really gets dull once you figure it out.

Spawns are 20 minutes so I can clear the first room and the passage down to the first arch without working up a sweat. About 10-14 kills every 20 minutes depending on walkers.

There are two nameds that you can get close to the ZI too. The Rabid Chokidai and Krizznot Bonewalker. Krizznot is about the same as the rest of the mobs in the zone just more HP and DPS (doubles for 200-250). The Rabid Chokidai is pretty resistant so pull with malo,slow till it sticks and then just melee him down and keep yourself healed. Both have rare drops worth a couple of Kpp.

If you work your way further in there are more named and live sarnaks to deal with, including a few casters but still not impossible if you are careful about pulling.

Beafly

I used to bind at 5 stones. Every time I would log in I would zone into Sol Ro Tower and kill the two roamers at the entrance. Worth a little bit of AA, low chance of Ornate Dropping, and a bit o' fun. When I was ready to log off, I would gate back, kill the two roamers again and camp. Prolly made bout 200kpp from ornate sales (back when ornate was still pricey), but I dont' know that it would be worth so much now. Frogs on the NE side of PoStorms root rot well and are pretty solid AA too.

Grokii- I did them almost exactly like Veril says. Sow yourself outside first. Zone in. The wanderers run pretty fast but with sow you are just a little faster. Extended range item helps a ton if you have one. They have large agro ranges but with some sort of extended range you can cast on them outside thier agro range. Fight goes like this...

Park Pet near entry area.
HOT yourself
Inch up into casting range, cast malos.
Turn around durring cast and face where pet is parked.
When Malos lands, haul ass towards pet.
When you reach pet, send pet, begin casting Turgur's
Turn around to face mob durring cast.
Pet will hit mob (and take agro) in mid-slow cast and buy you the 1 second or so for slow to land.
Step up turn attack on and take proximity agro from pet (you are now officially IN TEH FACE!), Pet doesn't last long tanking these dudes unslowed, so if you get a resist, you still have to step up and take the beating while you re-slow. And you dont' want your pet to die, his DPS is very useful.
If Q hasn't worn off, Cast Cripple
If Q has worn off, Refresh Q then Cripple
Disease Dot, Poison Dot, Check Q
Melee, Poison Dot, Check Q
etc.
Mob Dies.

Couple of notes:

Pet weaps and haste mask helped a bunch.

I've done it self buffed only, but virtue gave me the breathing room to screw up a little.

Before I got some gear upgrades my number one priority durring the fight was to keep Q up. Second priority was to DPS. Melee from you and pet will eventually wear him down, and he'll never kill you as long as you keep Q going.

When I first started doing this, I dotted like crazy. They died faster but I usually would start running low on manna bout 2/3rds of the way through the fight and would have to cannV. I used the heal over time boost from Ancestral Aid to make up the difference in cannV damage and would still finish one mob basically oom. I learned that if I dotted less, the fight went a little longer but I could finish around 50m and step right into the next wanderer with zero downtime. This cut my total kill time down a bit.

pugger

My spots
OOW (exp so so, loot pretty good...good tribute stuff and chance at rare zone drops plus discordant or slugs or treans if you into the aug thing + faction if you still workin on that and if you havent even touched it get to factionin foo! Some nice foci up to 70 you can get and the ac on the stuff aint bad either)
Bloodfields
....just outside the first area from zone in....all trash dont summon an easy root rot fest...i tend to go outside that little courtyard area and hang a sharp right and theres this little corner back there where you can kill stuff all day....most the mobs roam around in a square here so you dont even have to pull much. Snake named is the snake that roams around here....theres also supposedely an ukun around there somewhere thats named but after a few days of campin there i couldnt get any named to pop. Also right around the corner if you follow the left wall youll see a stone guy standing just past a snakelady....keep him killed 2 for more tribute drops.
Nobles
.....murks in the pit are pretty cake and can get aug stuff off em but no faction so I didnt do em to much.
.....ukun packmaster camp is a very easy solo camp...keep him rooted and ques on yourself and the dots a twistin. If you got a druid there or some other means of breakin up the pixxt named guy do that as well and now you got 2 named your killing
......ridgerunner camp....look this guy up hes not all that tough if you do him right..summoner as all names in this zone are but like the pack keep ques on yourslef and with your epic for trouble you should be fine.
.....battleleader camp....this one plum sucks...one mob 20 min timer and he summons fast so you need some backup healin but hes one of the oow quest piece droppers so you might spend some time there unless lucky to get it elsewhere

Rcod I dont think you can solo the named. All trash if you can get it single you should be able to solo...dont think any of it summons..simple old root rot but with confined areas since theirs lots of roamers. Dont suggest the named solo since they hit harder then the prev two listed zones and they what I call fast summoners. Instead of every 6 seconds or whatever they summon like every 2. With more aa's and a good druid with ya it can be done you gonna be playin ping pong back and forth till you get him down.

Wos
....screw wos...that zone just plum sucks i think...but I have gone around the east murk tunnels....the murks there a bit tougher then ones in nc cause im pretty sure they summon but I was able to make the loop without dieing....which if you die you SOL...start lookin for a summons because the freaks see invis. Think ivu too but dont qoute me on that as I quickly decided this zone was for trainin gimps.

Or just hit up ds and run around slaughtering greens and raking in augs and slugs and stuff while gettin faction. I would do whichever of these I could find while /lfg MPG/RIFTS for 3 to 4 hours at a time. Anyway shoot me a tell if you have a question bout named...ive solo'd most that can be solo'd and 2 or 3 boxed the ones with a little more oomph for that last month and got most of em down.

And oh yeah if you a bit crazy you can solo vxed...takes some getting used to but It keeps your reflexes sharp :P (bring a rezzer and park outside if you plan on doin though as it will take a bit to get their run speed and timing down. Best way is a druid for snare and new harmony...can pull and root rot all day long and exp is bout the same as tables solo in fire I think. Loot mostly sucks but rarely you get a nice ft ...mask? i think.

XeroOmega

I solo'd NC Murks for a while for AA EXP, but then I tried WoS Murks.

WoS murks see-invis, run FAST, but they don't summon. I got 2-3x the EXP I got in NC per kill, which really wasn't any harder.

Soloing works, but its not as efficient as grouping. get OoW if you don't have it already, start killing in those zones, its easier to get groups there. if not, you're pretty much stuck in BoT for group EXP to 65, until you can get into higher zones.

PoP tier 1 & 2 are pretty much soloable by a 65 shaman, Tier 1 you can just plow through melee with DB mobs almost non-stop, not great EXP per kill, but you can kill fast. Tier 2 is root-rot for a bazaar geared 65 shaman, doable, but slow and can be painful if you aren't careful. you'll get more EXP per kill in tier 2+, but don't expect it to be fast.

Slavage909
I am going to toss in my vote for PoN...not the trash mobs but the Maze Nightstalkers. There lvl 60 and don't hit very hard at all(mid 400ish max). The summon. Takes one epic/pox/breath and two bane/bloods to drop them. Epic/pox/breath won't even finish by the time there dead.

They give 4.5% of aaxp per kill at 65. Two kills for 1 % of regular exp. at lvl 65.

They drop Parchment,blue diamond.diamonds,raw diamonds and a bow worth 2400 tribute its lore so I turn one in at least once a day.
Gloriana

Server: Erollisi Marr

Postby KB » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:03 pm

KB

Server: Nameless/Inny

Postby Brohg » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:01 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby KB » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:32 pm

KB

Server: Nameless/Inny

Postby Scowls » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:35 am

droga is the place to solo if your lookin fo trib,
fire (if you have access) if you want fast aa...especially at 65).
for rune farming i kill packmaster, named cleric in nobles causeway, and try to run over to kill a named kyv just south and across a bridge.

Scowls

Veteran -

Server: Prexus (TerrisThule)

Return to Grouping and General XPing