[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - More Low Level Hunting (25 - 36)

More Low Level Hunting (25 - 36)

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Postby Finori » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:26 pm

Finori

Postby Cronikk » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:15 pm

Cronikk

Server: The Magnificent 7th

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby fuzzy » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:29 am

Shark
fuzzy

Server: Prexus

Postby Brohg » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:51 am

:shock:

Did you know that there are three other "Sharkorle"s in Everquest? All iksar, naturally. You're the man, though, higher level already than the others :)
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby fuzzy » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:49 pm

Last edited by fuzzy on Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fuzzy

Postby Finori » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:04 pm

Finori

Postby fuzzy » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:37 pm

fuzzy

Postby Webbie » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:26 pm

Webbie

Server: Saryrn

Postby fuzzy » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:54 pm

fuzzy

Postby Finori » Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:11 pm

Finori

Postby fuzzy » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:29 am

Smithing is evil you say? Now I really want to make myself a set a shiny set of TwoScale armor.

I suppose there are always farming alternatives... My experiences with foraging makes me appreciate the ease of buying though :) Farming ingredients on that scale is a daunting proposition. No worse than factioning, I suppose. Bonus if you can faction & ingredient farm at the same time.

Since I didn't ding, I'm still posting in this thread. /shrug

I updated my magelo with the rest of my gear. The #s aren't right (ATK, AC, HP, Mana), but they're close. Skills are off a bit too, but close. Should be a handy tool to look for gear upgrades when I'm not playing.

Logged in last night and decided to head back to Frontier Mountains to try out some new techniques on caster goblins. I'm going to have to learn to fight them eventually, and I might as well get to it. To my surprise, when I zoned in, there were 10 other people in the zone. /ooc 36 shaman LFG and headed south. Got an invite almost immediately to a group inside the fort. Invis was still up, so I headed there promptly & met up with a War (anon, yellow), SK (32), and Mage(34?). Mage was 2-boxing a cleric (Baron lvl) to keep temp up on everyone (and healing until I got there). 3 hours later, I'm most of the way to 37, and I have renewed confidence that I'm able to effectively participate in a group (and a little relieved).

Between Regen, Slow, and Temp there wasn't much need for healing until the War left the group. The two tanks would grab 2 or 3 giants from the courtyard and drag them over to a corner where Mage & I were hanging out. I'd slow, turn on auto-attack, and canni while taking the occasional swing at whichever giant was closest. Kept buffs up & kept going without any mana problems to speak of. All dark blue to me.

Moved into the tunnel in the fort after a while. These giants hit a little harder and had more hit points, but went down just the same. Mostly dark blues with the occasional white or yellow. The War left sometime after we entered the tunnel, and we added a Necro to the group. Without the added tankage from the War, the SK required healing more often, but nothing that I couldn't handle. We killed a LOT of giants, keeping the tunnel clear and pulling from the courtyard occasionally if we got ahead of the repops. SK had to go near the end, so we fought our way back out of the fort. Temp had worn off by this point (Mage's Cleric was parked in the courtyard or outside the fort), which made dealing with multiple giants a little more tricky. The SK would start beating on a giant, and a couple other giants would join in. I'd wander up to the mobs, target one that the SK wasn't fighting, whack it a couple of times, and draw it out of melee range, then root it. Throw a heal on the SK & go peel any other adds off of him. Root them, re-healing & re-rooting as necessary. First time I've done much of this, and I'm sure that it will be a technique that will serve me well.

Eventually fought our way out of the fort, only to witness some poor Buryani running for its life from a train of 6 giants & shouting for help. Turns out it was a Shaman -- I'm not sure why it looked like a Buryani. Put aggro-stealing root-splitting to good use here as well. It works just as well on 6 mobs as it does on 3, although it is very mana intensive keeping root on all of those giants. Poor Necro got creamed by 3 adds that wandered up during the slaughterfest. The Warrior from earlier rejoined the group at some point during the confusion, which was very welcome as it was taking me and the mage FOREVER to take down a giant.

Fun night. I learned/remembered a lot about grouping, and got to play around with some rudimentary root splitting. And, since no one else could be bothered, I got to loot, loot, loot :D . I've got a handful of runes & words, salt somethings that stack, and a forest loop to sell off.

Edit: Didn't play last night, but spent a couple hours in the bazaar. Buy low, sell high (but still lowest in the bazaar by a wide margin). :) I've now got over 5000 plat & a rotting murkglider drape (Mana Pres III) that I can't wear yet.
fuzzy

Previous

Return to Grouping and General XPing