[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - MPG Trial strategies

MPG Trial strategies

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

MPG Trial strategies

Postby Lickity » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:41 am

I made this at the request of my guild, thought it might be of some use to the the shaman as well =)
MPG Trial Proven Successful Strats

Subversion:10 minutes for getting coins, unlimited for boss

3 mobs are up in the center of the arena when you zone in, the master and two guards, all three are non-aggro after the trial starts. The goal of the mission is to obtain 300 coins. These coins can be obtained a) through opening chests and looting them, or b) killing roaming mobs. It is much easier to not kill the mobs because of the time it takes to kill them and their adding abilities.

The chests come in three varieties: Ironbound (Mechanical - Bard/Rogue) Spellbound (INT caster) Hexxt (WIS caster/necro.) Only these listed classes can disarm the traps on the chests and unlock them, and the INT/WIS casters can only open and disarm them with the "Greater" line of LDON chest spells, yes necros can open 2 types. These chests are trapped about 75% of the time, and we need to be disarmed, in the event you fail or neglect to disarm it an AE will go off, limited range, one is a nasty dot Jagged Rust, poison curable, the other is Hazy Cloud(i believe is the name, its a mind spell symbol) this one will cause you to become drunk, curable with curse cures.

After about 30 seconds to a minute of starting the trial, roaming mobs will appear, these can easily be pacified by a cleric or enchanter. I suggest that the cleric stay in the center of the arena and pacify. They should use their lvl 65 spell, Pacification, as it has a lower aggro radius, and will keep them from aggroing the wandering chest openers. In the event that one of the mobs gets aggroed, whoever aggroed it needs to announce it has been aggroed and run it to the center of the arena where you tank, cleric and one extra should be waiting and get it dead ASAP. (also remember to loot the coin off the corpse.)

Once you get the emote saying your chest openers have found 270 coins, everyone needs to move EAST in the arena and hug the wall so that they dont auto aggro the named. The chest openers will then get the last 30 coins. As soon as you see the 300 coin mark, your pacifiers need to pacify the two stationary guards by the named and after its done call for someone (preferably the tank) to pull the named. The longer he is up after his is active before being pulled, the harder he will hit. Pulling him almost the instant he is up results in him hitting for about 1.5k, I've seen as high as nearly 4k after him being up for about a minute. If you have a good enchanter, the guards can also be charmed for extra DPS, of which they are pretty substantial.

Fear: 15 minutes

This trial has four basic types of mobs that come in two varieties: skeleton, elemental, wolf, dragorn all either fearable/non-mezzable or non-fearable/mezzable (and easily VPable as well.) The fearable mobs will come as name "an elemental, a wolf, a cackling skeleton etc", the non-fearable as "a fearless x"

Start this trial in the East side of the room in the cubby.

These mobs will come in sets of 4, I have heard reports of 5 at a time, but i suspect these were residual mobs from groups that lacked DPS. The amount of fearable/non-fearable in a wave is random, ive had all four of both before. All fearing classes have the ability to fear some of these mobs, they are pretty low level, but despite this, they hit like a truck, so do not attempt to fight the fearable mobs. Each fearable mob takes about 3 hits of fear to "kill" them, the others are a little less than a standard MPG mob. If everyone is assisting your main tank, the trial is easy, broken mezzes cause lots of frustration because your bard/enchanter are likely busy fearing as well and will have a hard time doing both if mezzes are broken.

All mobs are slowable, but do not hit that hard. There is no boss at the end, you need to beat 4-5 waves of these monsters to win. Having a single person to handle the fearing can be sufficient if they know what they are doing, i've had a bard successfully do mezzing/fearing with no one else capable, granted, I used VP every round to secure one of the mezzable mobs till he got to it.

Destruction: 15 minute of clearing mobs, then boss

This is similar to the fear trial, without the fear aspect to it. Mobs come in random amounts 1-4 at a time, and constantly throughout the trial. They come in several varieties: dragorn, skeleton (VPable/mezzable), discordling, elemental I remember offhand most unmezzable, more than the skeleton may be, but mezzing isnt a very efficient strategy anyhow.

Start the trial on the North side of the room in the little cubby.

The best way I have found is to bring two tanks, I usually bring two warriors because of what is available, but warrior/SK is probably more efficent. One warrior runs around the arena grabbing mobs and tanking all of them, using cyclone blade to hold aggro on them, this is not you main assist. The other tank will pick them off this warrior one by one as the group kills them, DPS/assisting the right tank are the keys here. Most if not all of these mobs will ENRAGE. If you are spending more than 30 seconds or so on each mob, the trial will likely fail. At the end of 15 minutes, if you have killed about 20-25 mobs, you will have the Master come alive. I have heard different things about how he gets harder, it may be the longer to engage, or the longer he is alive, either way I have seen him hit for gross amounts of damage if left alive for too long, so engage ASAP. This master is significantly easier than any of the others, and should not cause any problems.

Weaponry: 15 minutes

This is a ridiculously fun trial imo, but can be quite hard. The hardest part of this trial tends to be getting people with the right weapons to do it.

There are four mobs, each weak to a certain type of damage, resistant to all others: Lightning staticfist (Magic/h2h), Dragorn (Piercing/Bow), Golem(Blunt), Bazu(slashing.) Depending on your group makeup, have the melee decide which is their most effective DPS setup for the mobs with their offensive discs. I almost always have a warrior in this trial, and Furious on the Bazu results in massive damage if you don't slow the mob right off the back if they have a good high damage 2h, regardless of its delay. (causes the warrior to riposte each hit, ignoring the actual weapons delay, ranger could do this too with WS, but then you have aggro transfer)

Only one of these mobs will be up at any one time, but which comes alive first is completely random. Magic will hit for full on all four mobs, but other than the magic mob, the other three are fairly resistant. The three melee mobs have close to 500,00 hps, the magic one about 150,000. If any of your melees do not have either a 2h weapon or 2 1h weapons for each type (bow for piercing for the rangers) they need to get at least a Velium Gemmed weapon from the bazaar. Using the correct weapons results in 4x the normal damage, the wrong one is half (with the exception of h2h, which is unmitigated on any mob.) Also, pet damage is not mitigated, but regardless of equipped weapons, will not get the 4x bonus.

This trial CAN be healed by a shaman quite easily, but it is not neccesary really unless you are trying to fit in a 2nd caster (friend, blackmail, whatever reason)

I have done this with some very odd group makeups, but in all of those we had a couple of really good DPS To make up for some shortfalls. Good rule of thumb

2 melee dps: monk/beastlord tend to be weaker in this trial as they only can do 2-3 (remember, beasts can pierce, most of them just don't have the weapons) of the mobs for melee dps, but their h2h is not mitigated on any of them.

Tank: I have yet to succeed with a paladin, but probably more due to the fact that I just don't group with them often.

Shaman: Because I am one, so having an example of a trial without one is tough =P Also, panther does significant damage increase for all mobs, especially the spell one. (Spirit Call + Panther = dead mob) Make sure all mobs get crippled and slowed. (unless the warrior/ranger is riposte discing =) ) I also melee on the blunt and piercing weapons, but more for the good feeling I get from hitting for over 800 than because of neccessity.

Cleric: Because I have yet to win one with a druid healing.

6th man: This spot I usually bring a third melee DPS, because I am confident enough on the magic mob, but any "DPS" class can fill it just fine.

Ingenuity: 15 minutes

There is one main mob in this trial, the master, who is IMMUNE to all damage other than that given by weapons that drop in the trial. He is auto aggro at the beginning of the trial unless you have a bard to fade/rogue to escape, FD could conceivably work too, but i've yet to try it.

Have everyone congregate on the first platform on either side, there is a dragorn there with weapons of some sort. When you start the trial, you will stay on this platform for about three minutes and just farm the dragorn for weapons. They will usually drop two weapons each. Leave the corpses, do not loot the weapons. The weapons break over time, and the timer starts when looted. I farm these for the better part of 4 minutes, (11 minutes left on the trial), then everyone jumps off to the side, (away from the entrance). The Blue/Green colored mobs in this trial are charmable, the red ones are permarooted and are not.

If you have an enchanter, have them get their pet now (look, its already equipped.) and have the melee loot a couple weapons off the ground, but leave some for later (30 minute corpses.)

Have your tank disc pull the named. This thing hits like a truck, I have had three healers on the tank in this trial and it wasn't overkill. He has two forms, Reflective and non-reflective (You will see "reflective aura" in his name.) If he is reflective, he hits you back with anything you do to him spellwise x 1.5. He is unslowable in both forms. Each weapon has a clicky effect, its a -1000 chromatic resist 800pt nuke, does about 1% of his life. They can click this until the weapon breaks, which takes on average about 3 minutes, some last the duration of the trial, some break before you engage the boss. Without an enchanter charming, this trial will come down to the wire, and odds are, there will be no room for the shaman either, as you aren't doing much other than healing the tank, and doing essentially zero DPS. With an enchanter charming however, a cleric and shaman can keep up the tank without the cleric going OOM, and you can finish the trial with 5 minutes to spare.

Efficency - 4 minutes per wave, 4 waves + named

This is the Trial of Execution in PoJ on a meth high. You will get 4 mobs, in three varieties. Muramite Commander, an muramite elite guard, a muramite soldier, kill in that order. The soldiers are mezzable, the guard is rootable, and VP didnt break early once in the times ive done this. You have 4 minutes per wave, the quicker you kill, the longer of a med break you get between waves.

THE KICKER: There is an unresistable, unavoidable, uncurable AE that goes off at the beginning of the trial, if you don't get it via DA, death etc, it will land on you as soon as that effect is gone, so don't bother. This AE will cut you mana pool by about half, and will halve your BASE HPs (without buffs.) This causes havok on clerics who know their mana by heart and wonder where their mana went. It also kills your melee's endurance as it does your mana. The key here, as the name of the trial, is to be efficient.

The key here is to bring the most people that don't rely on mana as possible. Two rogues for DPS works great. An enchanter to mezz, gather mana and nuke its heartout, great. Shaman with canni and spirit channeling ( i didn't really notice the AE /shrug.) Panther was the key in the trial for me, had it on dogdog, two rogue, the warrior, and chanter's pet (with AA to make it attack.) I've heard a necro can cure the mana problem, in practice, this doesn't work, the necro's mana pool ends up drained ridiculously fast twitching, as they use more to twitch than the cleric gains, and then you end up with less mana for DPS AND healing. A bard is nice for mana regen/mez, but again, manage your DPS.

These are just my opinions on the trials, there are other strats, group designs. If you fail, its a 2 hour lockout, if you win its a 3 day + 2 hour. If you fail a trial, it erases your other lockouts (in these trials only.) So give em a shot, I average an AA just in clearing to them, and then its only 15 minutes and you know if you win or fail by then. Also, this is coming from a sub-Qvic perspective, no one in the trials I've been going with has even full Time gear, no Qvic gear, mostly DoN/elemental with a splash of time, for the sake of perspective.

Special thanks to Miqula, Carizz and Jamylah for helping fail these trials enough to learn them, and coming for the sake of doing something new and not worrying if the loot was good enough to make it worth their while (which it was!)
Last edited by Lickity on Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lickity

Server: Kane Bayle Refugee (Prexus)

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Halyburton » Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:14 pm

Halyburton

Server: Bertoxx-Saryrn

Shaman Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Tordail » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:00 pm

I don't think an enchanter is a requirement for Ingenuity if your group is very well-geared. I just loaded up with meleer's and was off to the races. I did it last night with myself, a cleric, a warrior, a paladin, a ranger and a bard, and came through with three minutes to spare. We've all got solid Time and Qvic gear, and I think the warrior is well over 15k fully buffed.

The bard activated the trial and then faded off the Master. We split the group in half, and took the first two red dragorns (they are permarooted) along the right wall. We killed them over and over for a few minutes, probably six or seven times. The meleer's grabbed up a set of weaps and went to work, while the cleric and I kept the tank up. I shuttled back and forth to the corpses getting new weaps for the warrior, in between spot healing. Without me there spot healing, it would have been tight on the cleric. I *almost* had to use Spiritual Channeling, but made it through with a couple of Canni 5's and my regular mana pool which, as I had just a KEI on, was a touch over 9k.
~
Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Postby Rivitingribbit » Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:37 pm

Soothsayer
Rivitingribbit

Server: The Nameless

Postby Lickity » Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:53 pm

Yes, I am aware of the mind wrack scenario, but it wasn't all that effective, as they were spending a great deal of mana (600), and yields back 300. While they have good regen, they were spending all their mana on the mind wrack,a nd thus were doing very little DPS as well to supplement it.

As for the chanter being required in Ingenuity. You are correct, it is not required, but I think you would have a hard time getting the dps as a shaman without one. Qvic gear will only get you so far DPS wise, as they Time/Qvic weapons are worthless in the fight, he is immune to all non-bane damage now, not just mitigated. It could be done w/o an enchanter, but it would be tougher.

I gave a few strategies that I have used and known to work, as I said above, there are many different ways on all of them, but I've seen lots of people discouraged in my guild and outside who just wanted to know how I did it, so I drafted it up.
Lickity

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby dohrian » Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:25 am

, Master alchemist / baker / brewer / fletcher / jeweler / potter / smith / tailor
dohrian

Server: Karana -> Ayonae Ro -> Tribunal -> Bristle

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Rivitingribbit » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:17 am

Rivitingribbit

Postby Lickity » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:01 am

Lickity

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Rivitingribbit » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:03 pm

Rivitingribbit

Postby Lickity » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:14 pm

Lickity

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Re: MPG Trial strategies

Postby vortecks » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:11 am

vortecks

Server: Maelin Starpblah

Postby Samanna » Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:49 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Cereall » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:25 am

Cereall

Server: Saryrn

Postby zedlepln » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:43 pm

zedlepln

Server: DRo

Postby Samanna » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:16 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Henora » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:34 pm

, shaman of - Terris Thule ( now The Rathe )
Henora

Server: Terris Thule > Prexus > The Rathe

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:47 am

Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Fandele Longtooth » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:26 am

Fandele Longtooth

Server: Zebugony