[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Slowing in groups=me getting agro ALOT

Slowing in groups=me getting agro ALOT

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Slowing in groups=me getting agro ALOT

Postby slowinit » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:18 am

Ok, I am used to duoing. I duo 85% of my time on EQ, well boxing 2 anyway. When I 2box my shaman and zerker, I can slow on inc, then let the dots fly. The problem with this, is when I'm in a group, I slow when mob is in camp, and tend to get agro alot. Now, am I just playing with bad tanks, or am I slowing to soon. I don't slow on inc, but usuall start the slow cast once I see the mob on the tank. Should I maybe wait a couple seconds, send pet in, then slow? Basically, I'm trying to figure out if I'm doing something wrong, or if I am just working with lazy tanks.
slowinit

Server: saryrn

Postby Cronikk » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:21 am

Try leading with Malxxx. Hopefully, the cast time on this should allow the tank to get some decent aggro before you slow the mob. If you're waiting 'til mob's in camp before slowing, and STILL pulling aggro, it might be a tank issue, though.
Cronikk

Server: The Magnificent 7th

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Tuathadendannan » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:35 pm

Tuathadendannan

Postby Samanna » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:54 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Slow Aggro

Postby Huurgh » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:12 pm

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert A. Heinlein
Huurgh

Server: Antonius Bayle

Magician Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Veril » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:20 am

Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Kiru » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:07 pm

Kiru

Server: Stromm

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby slowinit » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:10 am

Well, I took all of the advice, and tried a few things. Here is what I discovered. WIth a good pally/SK tank, I can slow as soon as the mob is in camp with no worries. I was in PoV yesterday, and we had a pally tanking, and she kept agro like a madman...errr woman. With warriors I discovered that if I malo then slow I almost never get agro. I think I was just overestimating lower level(54-57) warrior agro. Too used to lvl 70 tanks from my old main. I also discovered, to my detriment, that one of the problems was that I had, on my slowing hotbutton, a /sit command set to go off a second after I cast slow, which was the big thing. I have since changed that hotkey lol. Thanks for the advice. Of all the EQ related boards I visit(having a ranger/zerker/shaman/wizard), this site is by far the most helpfull.
slowinit

Postby Beregorn » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:28 am

Hm ... let me ask one "noob" question. I as pally cast low level aggro generating stun on inc so mob starts to "love" me and not the puller right on the way to camp. What I read here - the shammys cast first malo (thats a resis debuffer right?) and then slow to give the tank time to set aggro save? Guess I will have to chat with my guild shammys - but in case of sk and pally - I am sure you could cast on inc too because knights can generate aggro fast enough to stay as nr 1 on aggro list.

Is there a fixed amount of aggro generated by slow spells ? So we could compare knights aggro spell value to your aggro from slow ?
Beregorn

Paladin Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby slowinit » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:53 pm

slowinit

Postby Boleslav » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:58 pm

Boleslav

Server: Tunare (E'ci)

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Saintsaens » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:43 pm

Saintsaens Sacre`Coeur
Lvl 100 Holy Defender
Officer/Assistant RL, Sol Invictus, The Tribunal

Formerly
Saintsaens Sacre`Coeur
Lvl 65 Paladin
Officer, Splintered Essence
Vulak`Aerr

Formerly
Lvl 52 Crusader
Archaic Arbitrators, Tallon Zek
Saintsaens

Server: Bristlebane

Paladin Main

Postby Beafly » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:30 am

85 Webmaster of
Beafly

Veteran -

Server: Tunare

Postby emandes » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:23 pm

emandes

Postby Brohg » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:54 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby seventh.Tikoko » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:45 am

seventh.Tikoko

Server: The Combine

Postby slowinit » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:53 am

Hehe, some of it was my fault. I 2box either my zerker or my ranger, so I'm kinda used to insane agro control on them. Lol did a test the other day in the ascent, me and a wizzzy, well, ranger and wizzy. I wanted to see if my ranger was still the agro magnet he used to be(haven't really played him much). So I pulled, and had the wizzy chain nuke. The HoTT never left me. Course, the wizzy was only lvl 67, so that may have something to do with it. But, back to topic, I do realize now that being used to my zerkers and rangers agro, I've had to adjust when doing normal grouping. Thanks for the advice.
slowinit

Return to Grouping and General XPing