[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - dark blue mobs @ 73

dark blue mobs @ 73

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

dark blue mobs @ 73

Postby moscato » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:05 pm

old method was lvling alts to 73 and then doing aa in fire. monk solo firehead(s) down to 10 percent, flop. alt kill for nice exp. firehead(s) still dark blue at 73 but light blue at 74, so 73 was my sweet spot.

when they opened all the zones, all that work flagging for fire become worthless and now, as my bad luck would have it, fire is damn near permacamped. rarely can i find it uncamped or even partially enough camped that i can do a quick lesson burn on an alt.

so ... anyone have any tips for where i can find a mob that cons dark blue to a lvl 73 that is comparable to fire mob? monk i use for flop aa pl method is very solid and obv has outstanding dps. i realize i could find some dark blue or better mobs to solo w/ shm and just let alt get aa exp while grouped w/ shm, but i kinda like the 30 minute lesson burn w/ monk. it's about all the attention span i have for playing my low-aa-low-gear alts.

thx info.
moscato

Server: lfg on maelin

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box

Re: dark blue mobs @ 73

Postby Khauruk » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:00 pm

I've never really hunted there, but I'd check out PoEarth - I've heard it's nice. Otherwise, just go up in expansions...not much good in GoD (maybe Tipt/Vxed instances?), or almost everthing in deeper MPG is still db until 74. Also, RSS (db til 77).

Ruins of Illsalin is supposed to be massive xp right now as well...might be worth checking out.
Khauruk

Server: Luclin

Postby Veril » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:47 am

Kod'Taz might be OK. Can pretty much root rot after monk flops.
MPG should be blue
Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Kianor » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:13 pm

If finding a spot uncamped is an issue, you could try the drakes instance in DoN. I soloed this for a while, though I think I was level 70 at the time. The mobs then were red though. You'd need a little faction to start it, and 3 toons in your group. I can't remember the name of the instance mission itself, but I believe the mission giver was the gnome by the fire. You don't need to actually do the mission you're given unless you want to. Maybe someone can expand on this, my memory is a little hazy.
Kianor

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Samanna » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:26 pm

Lair of the Blackwing.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Khauruk » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:53 pm

You don't even need to do The Nest instances - uninstanced was a big solo spot for necros, etc, when lvl70 was current. I don't know if there were diferences in the # of hitpoints for mobs though, but it shouldn't be too drastic if you're only taking 10% of the mob's HP each go.
Khauruk

Server: Luclin

Postby Kianor » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:17 am

Well, the reason I mentioned the instance version is that there won't be anyone else there! I'm not sure whether, at 73, it won't be good enough xp for you, but might be worth a try.
Kianor

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Whitman » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:31 am

I'd have thought the 69.1 spell mission was still golden for a lvl 73 who can root/rot?
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
~Voltaire
Whitman

Ranger Main

Postby Scalia » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:18 pm

In case the OP is still 73 and working on AAs, the Elite guards in Plane of Tactics are 68-69ish and dark blue at 73. The ones at the entrance come in pairs, hit for 700ish and summon, but your Monk should be able to single pull them and take them down to 10% easily. A few wanderers, but not too bad.
Tunare/E'ci: Scabon, 80 Shaman
Scalia

Server: Tunare (E'ci)

Shaman Main

Return to Grouping and General XPing