[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - New zones XP

New zones XP

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

New zones XP

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:50 am

So, been fooling around in a few of the new zones and found that none of the experience seems to compare with the ease of the xp out of Beza instance (my boys are 82 atm). I was hoping to do Beza instance till 82, then move on to the new zones to combine questin' and lootz with expectedly reasonable xp. As most of you know, it is (or at least the areas I have tried) kinda slow. Field of Scale was fun, with some insanely good drops from the named and were actually some fun fights. They were challenging without being overwhelming. The FM named are much tougher than any of the named I ran in to in Field of Scale. But the XP was terrible!

It's not a big deal. I am quite fine with the 'grind a bit, get bored, go explore, go back to grinding' but was wondering if anyone knows why it works out that way.

Or is my thinking misaligned on this expac. Is the expectation that we will be grinding while questing and the combined xp hit from completing a quest will bring it in line?

Also, are there any instances in this expac? I like the ability to 'slip away to some place quiet' ability of instances sometimes. You lose that fun /ooc chat but still have guild chat and tells to keep me interested.

Just some thoughts I was randomly having yesterday while grinding. In another post Unmei had mentioned that he (and or she) didn't understand people grinding out levels in old zones and in a lot of ways I agree, but also like to level at what I feel is the most efficient rate. Passing up good xp just to 'experience' new zones just doesn't sit well with me. Although I will do it if flat out bored to tears with the grindage, as I mentioned above. I think that makes me like a min maxer? ah well. I really do prefer to get the best bang for my buck, and tend to be target focussed, so when grinding I want the best return

Peace
Ride free brother.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Re: New zones XP

Postby Ceniden » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:31 am

Ceniden

Server: Fennin Ro

Shaman Main