[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Shaman/Druid Duo

Shaman/Druid Duo

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Shaman/Druid Duo

Postby Oakiam » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:11 pm

Heya guys, so me and my friend just reactivated accounts, and got SoD. So, we're looking for somewhere to fight. I'm a 65 Shaman with 9.8k mana, and he's a 76 Druid with 15.1k mana. I have a healer mercenary and he has a tank, both Journeyman Rank I. So, we're looking for somewhere to fight and have some fun. Perhaps somewhere for exp, perhaps also some places that have some named mobs we can take. We're always up for a challenge, and old school named mobs are always fun. We've pretty much done all of Kunark except for Veeshan's Peak, and all of Velious except for Temple of Veeshan and Sleeper's Tomb, which don't seem like they're worth it. So, we're looking to break into something new. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance,
Oakiam
Oakiam
65th Level Shaman
Luclin Server
Oakiam

Shaman Main

Re: Shaman/Druid Duo

Postby Kruzar » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:56 pm

Just with the 2 of you have the makings of an awesome kite group... well that is if your friend is able to kite as a druid. I would just go to a zone like Loping Plains, Steppes, Valdeholm... etc.... basically xp mobs and some room to run around. Have your friend kite and hit them with the druid stuff.. you load up the DoTs.. send in Dog Dog with some good panther procing... and just go to town....

If you encounter named mobs... then pop out the merc and healer, and do your best. I would recommend for normal grouping just sticking to the more to like the kiting or other solo methods that just pulling out the mercs. The xp will be somewhat faster, and the DPS from the tank merc is pretty minimal in comparison to what you can be putting out just from spell damage.
Kruzar- Kitty Rogue of 85 Seasons
Kyleanea- Barbarian Shaman of 75 Seasons
Kruzar

Rogue Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby willain » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:09 pm

This is basically my combo, except I'm boxing both accounts and a few levels behind. Same mercs, though, and similar gap between druid and shaman. I'm finding that if I can steamroll stuff that might have been 3-5 levels behind the druid, and even level stuff for the druid is a fun challenge. So, for XP and minor nameds, you could probably roll through whatever expansion raised the cap to 75. Maybe duo Luclin raid targets?
willain

Druid Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Funi » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:31 am

Funi

Shaman Main

Return to Grouping and General XPing