[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Your PLing thoughts.

Your PLing thoughts.

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Your PLing thoughts.

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:11 pm

So, have my SK at 78.

Have been PLing him to beat the band. My plan is

Take him to 80, then start using him as tank. He will be a bit weak (only got him 100 AAs before I got bored and decided to level him up to 80). He'll be a bit weak, but should be doable between merc heals and shaman backing him up.

Have been leveling him by grouping with my 85 (and a friends) toons, and training him in Vald and DSK. Both are getting a bit slow, but still seems to be faster xp than anywhere else. We tried the COD/Bloodfield T5 mission last night (with another tank of course) and the xp was very slow. Was great on AA, but for real XP was MUCH slower than Vald or DSK.

Here's my problem though. I may hang myself with a muppet back pack strap (little flash back to an old board friend here. I pity the fool who doesn't know who I mean.) if I have to go back to Vald or DSK. I am flat out burnt out on it from the PLing..

Any suggestions on an equivalently good xp spot to PL him in? Doesn't have to be better, or same, just so long as it is reasonably close and would give me a change of scenery..
At 80 I will be turning AA back on till oh.. maybe 250-350 AA? Then leveling him up to 85

Second Part:

Gearing.

So, I've camped his
JOTE,
Shard of the guardian (4)
25 AC RSS augs,
Vald 30 AC aug.

Will be doing all the visible armor T3-T5.
At 80 will be getting him his sword from Rathe Council, non visibles I will be filling out with mostly T3/T4 I run across while gearing him up on SOD gear.

Will be doing his 1.5, then likely try to get the 2.0 done if I can get a few friends to run anguish with me. (Can't take mercs in there. bleh)

Will fill out AC augs on a spot basis, like the FOS ones when I do his Iksar mask.

What am I missing from the list above? Any other 'must have' items/augs/clickies like the JOTE? (jade of the ether aug, for those not familiar with it)

Thanks in advance for your input!
Ride free brother.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Re: Your PLing thoughts.

Postby Arslayn » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:25 pm

30 AC augs from AG and FC -Argil Oppressor and Accolyte
and Id honestly say if yer planning to really use him to MT at all then double yer AA count for all the defensive AA's and things like Planar power etc.
SK rune AA etc.
Arslayn

Server: Povar

Berserker Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Kruzar » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:25 pm

From a gear perspective, I would really look into some of the fabled stuff, and use some of that to fill in gaps. I would definetly go get the pet weapon, since I hear it is decent on the DPS side for an SK. Also, there is at least one if not a couple fabled AC augs that would be good for him to have. Also for a junk clickie that every melee should have go get the Attack clicky from Fabled Grachnist.. stacks with Paladin buffs that you will be getting as a tank....

Definetly think about those AAs and where you stop for them. The defensive stuff really makes or breaks a tank... and if you can't take a hit then you aren't good for much.
Kruzar- Kitty Rogue of 85 Seasons
Kyleanea- Barbarian Shaman of 75 Seasons
Kruzar

Rogue Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Kumudil » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:15 am

Beza Instances, double effect. XP + Zonedrops: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item ... l?zone=560
I.E.
Anti-Impact Helical Spring II
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE AUGMENTATION
Augmentation type: 7 8
Slot: HEAD FACE EAR NECK SHOULDERS ARMS BACK WRIST HANDS FINGER CHEST LEGS FEET WAIST
AC: 15
AGI: +5 HP: +80 MANA: +80
Shielding: +1% Avoidance: +5
Recommended level of 75. Required level of 65.
WT: 0.0 Size: TINY
Class: ALL
Race: ALL

Any Beza Instance will do for the zonedrops, mobs should be yellow cons to your SK. Zonedrops can drop from all mobs.

Same levelrange Mechamatic Guardian, Zonedrops: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item ... l?zone=553
i.e:
Fragment of Heavy Steamwork Plating
Slot: HEAD FACE EAR NECK SHOULDERS ARMS BACK WRIST HANDS FINGER CHEST LEGS FEET WAIST
AC: 30
HP: +75 MANA: +75
SV FIRE: +5

Later maybe Zeka instance Zondrops: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item ... l?zone=564
The Universal Cog
Slot: HEAD FACE EAR NECK SHOULDERS ARMS BACK WRIST RANGE HANDS PRIMARY SECONDARY FINGER CHEST LEGS FEET WAIST AMMO
AC: 20
STR: +2 DEX: +2 STA: +2 CHA: +2 WIS: +2 INT: +2 AGI: +2 HP: +50 MANA: +50 ENDUR: +50
SV FIRE: +2 SV DISEASE: +2 SV COLD: +2 SV MAGIC: +2 SV POISON: +2
HP Regen +1 Mana Regeneration: +1 Damage Shield: +1

While hunting for the Zonedrops it may feel less a grind. Apart form the Augments, also you may get also some nice clickies.

Bloodmoon Augs may not be as interesting, but got my Divine Barrier Clicky there: Cursed Rage Channeler
Herre is what alla lists for Bloodmoon Instance Zonedrops: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item ... l?zone=545
, ,
Kumudil

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Return to Grouping and General XPing