[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Is this a valid comparison on xp?

Is this a valid comparison on xp?

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Is this a valid comparison on xp?

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:14 pm

I hate levelling 84...
SK is at 84, shaman and mage at 85.

So, have my SK to about 30% in to 84. I tried the Tosk mission (Hiding in plain sight) and I tried Vald and finally, at Shifties suggestion last night in paladin serverwide, I tried Beza.

Using the AA xp % on my shaman as a guide to which was better... they were all about 3% of an AA per kill!

Not sure if this is a good way to judge if the SK would be getting about the same leveling xp on all these mobs though. I think it would be, but there is dynamics on xp that I don't necessarily understand. I am doing about 10% of his level a night, so really don't want to just keep researching each spot as (thank god!) leveling will be over for me for a while once he is done. then start the long AA grind...

In any case, I needed the random rare drop aug from there, which I did get last night. So, now it's a decision on whehter to go back to Beza and/or mech guardian or try the TOSK or Murdunks mission. Really would just like to be finished leveling...

NOTE: I need no drops from any of these places any more. Just looking for the absolute best bang on xp, which I believe based on my comparison is Beza or mech guardian now.

My question, after all that spam, is;
Am I valid in comparing the rate of xp on my 85 2k AA shaman as being a good comparison for what the SK would be getting on real xp?
If so, it's a lot easier to kill in Beza or Mech guardian (due to my mage summoned annihilation spells as well as the mobs just being easier) than to to try to get a spot in Vald, or killing the tougher mobs from the SOD missions.

Thanks in advance for your input... Unless your input is a scrotum punch, in which case, we aren't friends any more.

Peace
Ride free brother.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Re: Is this a valid comparison on xp?

Postby Ughbash » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:10 pm

Maybe....

If they are the same con to both the SK and the Shaman probably. If they are not then AA xp will show differnt results from leveling xp.
Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:44 pm

Shaman is 85, SK is 84.

Just wondering if that is a close enough parralell to just give up on the search, and knuckle down to grinding it out in Beza/Mech.

Been in this quandary before and one of two things happens.

1: Someone gives me an AHA! moment and I learn and move on
2: Someone says, nope - that's all there is. Gettir dun!
3: no response - so either the question is so stupid that no one can be bothered to reply, or no one really knows.

hmm. Guess that is 3.. :)

Edit: Also, since the Regulators have mounted up, been kind of slow around here. Trying to stimulate some discussion cuz I am bored.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:06 pm

I'd have to say that the places with better XP for the L85 would also have better XP for the L84, but I don't know what the ratio is supposed to be. I am interested in this discussion, though, because I am working on the same levels myself. :)
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Kumudil » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:08 am

Not 100% shure here, but I feel confident to say, that for just plain killing mobs, the Xp-comparision you are using should fit.

For Murdunks last stand, your box-crew may not have enought dps which would result in an fail and kick out if you have to let pass too much. Have seen somewhere a parse wich led to the conclusion that if you want to kill back to back, your group should bring an averange of 4.2k dps. (Ever tried to single-haste the mages RS? likely the most dps you can get out of a single spellslot as a grouping shaman, if mage uses RS regualry).

Tosh warboars aren't very good xp for me, might because they are flagged weak-mobs. Boxing I can do 1 mission per 15 minutes.

If you still need T4 essences Murdunks might be more xp than tosk-missions. Even if you can't endure 30 minutes, any mob can pop as named with a chance for an random essence as far as I know.
Mech guardian upper level is best I found so far, as repopp is fast enought that I don't need to move ever. Just pull and kill.
For pure XP I think its hard to beat a static camp with enought mobs around vs. instances where you have to run/zone .. etc.
, ,
Kumudil

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Sowslow » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:13 am

I would say Hiding in Plain Sight would be your best exp with your setup. You should be able to grab most the boars 10-15 or so and mow them down pretty quick. SK should be able to hold aggro on them all and shm and mage could ae them. Not sure if you said, but if it got hairy, a couple of merc healers should be able to keep the sk up while you figure out a good pull number.
The other zones require more pulling and killing singles or doubles mostly, which I think over time would be lower exp/hr than killing weak mobs in mass.
Murdunks requires no pulling but mobs are harder. No need to worry about actually completing the task if you are just looking for exp. Just kill as many as you can and let others pass as you need.
If you had another puller that could chain pulls for your group, I would say Beza is better than those 2. But I am not sure how you could do that and not loose a whole lot of dps with your setup.
Sowslow

Server: The Rathe -> Quellious -> Povar

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:53 am

I run 3 mercs, all J5. 3 because I like at least 2 right now, and so adding the other was free (6th member of group rule). I am lazy and the mercs heal to beat the band. I suspect if i dropped all mercs, my killing wouldn't be far behind... hmm. I might try that tonight in mech guardian.

Reasons I have decided to go with mech guardian:

I don't need any essences. Sk has all T5 in bank, Shm and mage are complete.
I don't need any of the Beza or SOD instance loots as I have them all. So just straight up looking for the best xp bang over time.
Mech respawns, and i have the boxes and the ability to go right to the top room with my crew.
I think there is a mana/hp aug that drops in Mech that I don't have on all my crew yet.
Mech safe spot at top I can totally AFK, watch TV while grinding etc. drop a campfire there and it is 100% fool proof.

I do think it is a toss up though between Beza, Mech guardian and Vald. Vald I drop only because it is so long to get to and often overcamped, and mage annihilate spell is so overpowering on the robots. Also ALL the mobs in mech are robots (at least where I camp them) whereas a portion of Beza is gnomes so I have to spell swap on mage which is annoying.

Advantage to Beza though is that my boys can ride their ponies for mana regen between pulls. I often forget to /sit the mage and shm when pulling.. hmm. might be a significant thing to overlook.

Sam: If we believe that we can draw a parralell on the xp as I stated, any of those spots seem to be about the same as they all give me the same amount of AA% per kill on the shaman. Good luck with your level grind. Mine is just about done.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:13 pm

Bigcat Daddy-o

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:58 pm

Um... I got my UI working and got my gear and augs all straightened out, gained 940 HP by shopping the bazaar.

Had to do my monthly newsletter on Sunday, and they wanted Community Leaders on for something Monday, so... haven't earned a bit of XP yet. But I did do a lot of chatting with old friends, getting recommendations of friends of theirs to group with.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby AbyssalMage » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:55 pm

It's not quite the same, XP and AAXP sense they made AAXP gained based on /con level strictly. But I would say strictly speaking at level 80+ the best places to level are the SoF zones cause they have less HP's than SoD mobs. Then its just about finding the camp you like the most like you did. Always look at xp/hour, never xp/kill to find the best places.
AbyssalMage

Beastlord Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:29 am

It will vary based on class really for what is best.

As a monk when I am Plevleign people, I generally go to Riftseekers, Valdhome, or Illsalin.

The idea is not getting a lot of xp per kill, but getting lots of kill during a 30 min lesson burn.
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Cellan » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:39 pm

Your exp comparison might or might not fit. Prior to 700 spent AAs you get a noticeable bonus to AA exp still, after 1000 I believe it's gone or maybe sooner. So, if you get an 85 with 1200 AAs and an 85 with 600 AAs for example, then you won't be getting the same slice of the pie because the latter character will get ice cream added to his.
Cellan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Mordoran » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:42 pm

This isn't a scientific evaluation, but in my personal experience (which entails a lot of leveling and power leveling), it's not a good comparison.

I'll keep it short and use my current situation: If I level in Atiiki, I get over 20% xp per hour, but only 3AAs per hour. If I levein in PoFire, I get 16% xp per hour, but 5-6AA per hour. This might mean many things, but it's clear that AA and regular XP are determined by different factors.
Mordoran

Server: Firiona Vie

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Huurgh » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:20 pm

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert A. Heinlein
Huurgh

Server: Antonius Bayle

Magician Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Return to Grouping and General XPing