[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - All I can say is... Good

All I can say is... Good

Unmoderated, but let's be reasonable.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

All I can say is... Good

Postby BubbaQuell » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:04 pm

Hell is other people
-Jean-Paul Sartre
BubbaQuell

Postby Grendalkhan » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:24 pm

This is one occasion when I think we'll all agree.
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=586374">Teesa Zjoquor</a>
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=453758">GrendalKhan Rose</a> (Retired)

"The general shaman consensus, however, is that the lead spell designer is so wedded to his self-delusional notions of godhood, that he refuses to admit any error unless someone up the food chain from him stuffs a change down his throat."-Chutoi Dogslobber
Grendalkhan

Postby Garf » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:18 am

She really wasn't worrying about her 1 year old kid when she jacked stuff from the store, so boo hoo.

T-t-twenty five por favor.
Garf

Server: Gainesville

Shaman Main

Postby Ughbash » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:42 am

I am in agreement with Bubba, Hmm I hope Shrewd or Gart disagrees hate to wind up agreeing with all of "the enemy" :)
Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Gart » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:44 am

I certainly agree that speeding away from a crime and striking someone is an act of recklessness and not negligence.

But the paper write up seems to indicate they were convicted of murder and manslaughter both? I haven't parsed it carefully enough, but I'm not sure I understand how that's possible.

I feel nothing for these women, but I am sorry their children begin life with so many disadvantages. Maybe it's an improvement for them to have their mothers in jail, but likely not.
Gart

Postby BubbaQuell » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:45 pm

BubbaQuell

Postby Tangurena » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:12 pm

Tangurena

Server: Luclin

Postby BubbaQuell » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:30 pm

BubbaQuell

Postby kithilin » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:22 am

kithilin

Server: Bristlebane

Postby BubbaQuell » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:29 am

BubbaQuell

Postby Ughbash » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:43 am

Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Gart » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:54 pm

I'm familiar with the felony murder rule, but that principle represents the ability to charge someone with murder who had no actual involvement with the murder committed by a felonious co-conspirator, typically. Like the guy driving a getaway car for a robbery can be charged with a murder committed inside the house by a fellow robber, even though the driver had no idea what the other guy was up to. People have been given the electrical chair for murder on those facts.

What I wasn't clear on was how a jury could find facts consistent with both an involuntary manslaughter conviction and a murder conviction, because the standards of intent are so different.

I don't think it's possible under my state's law, but I am really stale on criminal law. These embedded charges get pretty complicated sometimes.

Bubba must be right about the lesser included offense, but I'm still not sure how that would be possible given the very different standards. But obviously it is possible. I just found it a bit odd.
Gart

Postby BubbaQuell » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:59 pm

BubbaQuell

Return to The Grey