[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Poems

Poems

Unmoderated, but let's be reasonable.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Poems

Postby Yesak » Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:30 pm

I have been writing poems off and on for years, but I recently sent a few in to a school publication and they accepted them. That lead me to gain a little more confidence in my writing. One of my friends on EQ told me about a free site that I could put my poems on. I have, but only a few people have read them. The site is Just trying to get more people to read them and give me a little feedback. Most of you know of me or have read some of my posts here. Either post comments on the site or reply to this thread. Thanks for any feedback you guys can offer. 8)
"Sometimes you have to face your demons, sometimes the demon is you." - Yesak Demunstorm
Yesak

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Weyalan » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:53 pm

I am probably not a well qualified critic, but I was not particularly impressed. to be candid, the linked poem seemed to me to be fairly stereotypical emo-babble: Id est overly dramatic and self concious almost to the point of self pity, with no particular redeeming qualities except, perhaps, reasonable rythmn. I don't think you can get away with corny cliched lines like "But I am locked here alone
Just me and the darkness
" without sounding like a parody of every existentiality-misunderstanding, post pubescent, Cobain worshipping emokid or goth that ever laboured under the misapprehension that nobody had ever experienced their particular brand of the universal growing pain. Sorry if the above sounds harsh, but truth in criticism is probably better then kindness.
Weyalan

Return to The Grey