[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Some of my lyrics

Some of my lyrics

Unmoderated, but let's be reasonable.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Some of my lyrics

Postby Jaraman » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:11 am

Sleep

Written 2001
Intro: EE F#F# AF# B2, A5 B5 A5 B2
Verses: Bm G D A
Chorus: Bm G F#/susp4
Crux:
D Em7 D/F# G
D D/F# Em7
/: D5 Em9
D5 Em/A :/
Outro: EE F#F# AF# B2, A5 B5 A5 B2

No matter how hard
I try to be myself
Some part of you
Ends up becoming me

I just wanted to thank you
For being there, for being my friends
I know sometimes
I'm hard to understand

But it's so easy
to be negative
To live in a shell
Yeah, to put up that wall

But I don't want to take you
for granted
'Cuz you know, that all I want
is the best for you

CHORUS
No, it's not as bad as it seems
We deal with it in our dreams
It's not that bad...
We're here together for awhile,
And then we sleep

And since our paths still cross
I guess you'll be around
Just hit me when I hide
If that's what it takes to bring me out

And as the hours go by
I hope, it's a quality you can taste
When you relish the memories
Of us killing Time

It's not that bad
We're here together for awhile...
And then we sleep

Crux
'CUZ ALL WE HAVE IS NOW
A FEW TRIPS AROUND THE SUN
AND THEN
OUR TIME IS DONE

It's not that bad
We're here together for awhile...
And then we SLEEP...

The best solution is not either/or, but best-of.
Jaraman

Veteran -

Server: The Rathe

Postby Jaraman » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:42 am

Flood

(Don't throw stones in her glass house)

She feels the rain roll down her windowpanes
Blurry reflections wall her in
She sees pain, calls me, draws me in
Nosiy distractions all within

CHORUS
And the rumble from the thunder
With the howling of the winds
Drown out her cries for help

We criticize and believe a lie
And hide behind words
And drown out the cries for help

She sees the sun, complains about the heat
And the contractions of her heart
She needs someone, surrounds and draws me in
A sudden attraction, I'm caught off guard

And hide behind words
(And drown out the cries for help)

And the price we pay for liberty
demands attention to the consequence
of the time you spend with me
and the tensions you create
Since we can't erase the soul's erosion
from the ripples of these emotions
You've got to let your past be gone
Or that Ocean stays
And I'm drowning in your waves...

And hide behind words
(And drown out the cries for help)

Well I drowned out her cries for help...
Jaraman

Veteran -

Server: The Rathe

Postby Jaraman » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:52 am

Whatevah

Whatever?!
Well 'whatever's a well, nevermind a hell,
where yo' mind dwells in never-never land
Where the common sense to show common courtesy
is as rare and uncommon as an honest man

Well, spread the news,
you ain't all that