Newest Shaman greeting.... (Druid lovers stay out)

Unmoderated, but let's be reasonable.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Newest Shaman greeting.... (Druid lovers stay out)

Postby Benamil » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:39 pm

This is prolly gonna get moved or censored or something lmao.

But lets play fill in the blank shall we?

F_c_ Dru_ds

If you wish to join crucible channel now, you have to use the greeting F*CK DRUIDS! Hi everyone!

Any who refuse to follow this rule will be /pwned in the 3rd degree.

This message is brought to you courtesy of Davedakota!
F*CK DRUIDS

P.S Look at the second quote of my sig..so much truth spoken from wee lil Binter.
Last edited by Benamil on Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
Binter wrote:We have an entirely different methodology in how we do things, and druids b*tching about sting just proved they [devs] didnt care about "class balance," it was all about "we want their cookies."
Benamil

Postby Dakota » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:05 pm

*gasp*

Why are you attributing it to me?!
Dakota

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Benamil » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:11 pm

Because you inspired it !
Benamil

Postby Galelor » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:10 am

The sting nerf isn't that bad man... really it isn't...
Galelor
Hooker Extraordinar

Veteran -

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:35 am

Arrrr, yer wi' us or agin' us, laddy!
Your one and only, historically accurate Samanna, baby!
Samanna
Retired

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Galelor » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:38 am

I am for donuts
Galelor
Hooker Extraordinar

Veteran -

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Benamil » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:59 am

Hes against us...ban him imo1!1!!!11!!1
Benamil

Postby Kiru » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:16 am

I'd rather get on with playing the game then try to cyber all the druids. Besides, wouldn't most of the druids enjoy getting cybered? Why else would they be dressed so scantily?

In other news, I just got Sting this past weekend. It sure is a nice spell - useful even. Costs a lot of mana though. It's a good thing it has a long recast time is all I'll say about that.

In further news, there's a whole bunch of whiny, cry-baby shaman out there who are getting really close to being even more annoying than the cry-baby druids who are still envious of our Sting.
Kiru

Server: Stromm

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Galelor » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:50 am

Benamil wrote:Hes against us...ban him imo1!1!!!11!!1

If it is any consolation, my younger brother plays a druid, and when we were kids I would beat him up.
Galelor
Hooker Extraordinar

Veteran -

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Kianor » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:19 am

So is this a case of, "We got nerfed so lets sink to their level"?
Kianor

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main

Postby Kianor » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:19 am

Bah, double post.
Last edited by Kianor on Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kianor

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Benamil » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:26 am

Omg can u people not find humor in this?

Jesus, its an inside joke among shaman....im one of the few shaman who dont care about the nerf itself, its the reason behind it.

But damn people, its called a Joke....

And Gale...yeah dude, that makes it ok :) :D
Benamil

Postby Kianor » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:29 am

Sorry, I'm not good at finding humour in insults. I just find them rude instead.
Kianor

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby xilly » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:37 am

Kianor wrote:Sorry, I'm not good at finding humour in insults. I just find them rude instead.

Should prolly get out more, imo.
[80 Spiritwatcher (Shaman)] Xilly Somnambulist of the Daybringers (Froglok)

Myspace~
xilly

Server: Cazic-Thule (Brell Serilis)

Shaman Main
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:32 am

Kianor wrote:Sorry, I'm not good at finding humour in insults. I just find them rude instead.

Me too, mostly. But occasionally they allow people to vent.
Samanna
Retired

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Binter » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:56 pm

I didn't really care too much about the nerf either...we're shaman. Mana isn't much of an issue.

It was how the nerf came about that twisted my shorts.

When one class whines incessantly about what some other class has until the object of whine gets nerfed, it just shows who being a crybaby can get you results in EQ.

But hey, now we know how to get some real action on any issues we might have in the future...make 600 whine threads on EQlive and endlessly complain about it in the next beta to the point where we get action from the devs just so we shut up.
Elder Binter, Vah Shir shaman of Maelin Starpyre
Binter

Server: Vazaelle, dammit!

Postby Shinerbokk » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:37 pm

Even though I may have issues with certain druids for their outspoken dislike for shaman issues, this type of conversation has no place in the shaman channel. This type of behavior is exactly why I don't waste my time joining channels very often. There will always be the few that look at this as an opportunity to go too far and not shut it off when it is appropriate.

I don't personally care about the nerf but that has nothing to do with people making fools of themselves in a public channel.
{75 Spiritwatcher}Shinerbokk ~~Slowing time since 99
Battle Shaman of Vallon Zek
Shinerbokk

Server: Zek

Shaman Main

Postby Bethiana » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:20 pm

Binter wrote:I didn't really care too much about the nerf either...we're shaman. Mana isn't much of an issue.

When one class whines incessantly about what some other class has until the object of whine gets nerfed, it just shows who being a crybaby can get you results in EQ.

But hey, now we know how to get some real action on any issues we might have in the future...make 600 whine threads on EQlive and endlessly complain about it in the next beta to the point where we get action from the devs just so we shut up.

I see that nothing has changed since I left, other than the Devs WoWifying EQ through the 'creative integration' of the better ideas and giving themselves a saltwater scented sticky fingered pat on the back for a job well done.

I don't know why this irks me. Probably because it was the reason I quit after participating in the Prophecy of Ro beta, presenting solid facts and parses and logic and expecting the Devs to listen. (The group heal debate is what got me, with Paladins hyperventilating through their pitiful mewling sobs while their bitter salty tears mixed with the bubbling snot frothing against their upper lips like some sort of Emo kid's inward angst surfacing for a horrific, mucous tinged avatar of sadness accompanied by the hodgepodge of Cure and Tori on their iPod.) This will never change. The developers of Everquest lost integrity and credibility years ago. Rytan may have been a sonofabitch but his saving grace is that he was straightforward about his douchebaggery. He made no effort to hide the fact that he was, indeed, one premature ejaculation whose mother should have been given a ten minute glimpse into her child's future and the wire coat hanger needed to correct the problem.
World of Warcraft:
Bethiana , 70 Draenei Shamangina
<Immortal>, Lightbringer

Kether-Eci wrote:You *could* throw in more A-Team quotes. Everyone knows the strength of an argument increases exponentially with the amount of referances they make correlating themselves with the A-Team. Maybe if you were to wear dozens of gold chains around your neck that would help too.
Bethiana wrote:I pity the fool that has no sense of humor.
Amanensia wrote:Congratulations on being perfect.
Bethiana

Server: Lightbringer

Postby Benamil » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:40 pm

Shinerbokk wrote:Even though I may have issues with certain druids for their outspoken dislike for shaman issues, this type of conversation has no place in the shaman channel. This type of behavior is exactly why I don't waste my time joining channels very often. There will always be the few that look at this as an opportunity to go too far and not shut it off when it is appropriate.

I don't personally care about the nerf but that has nothing to do with people making fools of themselves in a public channel.

And thats the precise reason why channels are not a required component of EQ. Seriously people, its a joke. Lighten up.

Like you've never insulted a friend just playing around and got a good laugh out of it? Or what about politics, made fun of some aspect or some changed then made fun of someone who was the cause for it?

It is natural human reaction to act in such, and in worse ways, when change occurs that isnt to your suiting.

You think this little joke of a thread is bad? Try reading some news articles about people being shot/stabbed over stupid reasons. Its not like im going out hunting people who play druids irl. Hell im not even bashing them outside of the shaman channel...its a common point with shamans.

Whether u like it or not, this is a rivalry that will live on. Will it do any good? Probly not, but it is a means of conveying frustration and anger with druids, without causing any real means of damage.
Benamil

Postby Hecude Poison`Blood » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:42 pm

This needs a new title- ITS A JOKE so just to detour the people who take offense to funny stuff.
Hecude
|____________________Click below for all your Anime Needs____________________|
Hecude Poison`Blood
~~~~~Bankai~~~~~

Server: Fennin Ro

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Shinerbokk » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:36 pm

I have no problem with your little thread. Understand there is a reply button for a reason. Just like you have the right to promote saying F**K DRUIDS when you join the channel. I have the right to tell you that I think it's juvenile for the shaman channel. Believe it or not, not everyone enjoys that in open channels. I cuss like a champion around friends or family that I know who won't be offended. I don't talk that way in public.

So lighten up. You post something here and you better be able to accept criticism for it.
Shinerbokk

Shaman Main

Postby xilly » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:50 pm

Get off your pedestal and let the kids have some fun.
xilly

Server: Cazic-Thule (Brell Serilis)

Shaman Main
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Shinerbokk » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:00 pm

That's the beauty of this world. You have the right to start a thread and I have the right to add my opinion. Get over it.
Shinerbokk

Shaman Main

Postby KB » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:23 pm

Its amazing the evolution this game has undergone in the last few years.
KB

Server: Nameless/Inny

Postby Benamil » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:24 pm

SO!....

Who thinks they jus should jus bury Anna Nicole and let the poor woman rest in piece? =d
Benamil

Postby Gadzuks » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:50 am

"Peace"....
Gadzuks

Postby Fudapuda » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:36 am

Pieces, if they don't do it soon...

And for the record, yeah, 1-900-MixALot druids. or f*ck druids, if you prefer.

In the end, the only way you can make a statement in EQ is to vote with your wallet. Walk away if you can't stomach the BS any more. Personally, I put up with it all for 7+ years and counting, but I'm not buying TBS. TSS was my last, and I regret buying it, but there's no frelling way I'm gonna waste all the factioning time I've ended up putting in on TSS. I'm at least gonna see end game that far. Then fade off to retirement.

Meanwhile, if you really want to get the druids, we need to find something of theirs we can specifically point to and object loudly and obnoxiously and whiningly and snivellingly until we get it nerfed.

Or, we could just suggest they shove a mammoth tusk up their collective arses. Most of us are barbarians from Halas, we won't have any trouble finding a supply of tusks for the job.

Fudapuda
Bertox
Fudapuda

Postby Kianor » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:45 am

Fudapuda wrote:Meanwhile, if you really want to get the druids, we need to find something of theirs we can specifically point to and object loudly and obnoxiously and whiningly and snivellingly until we get it nerfed.

Ironically, that's what they're claiming the paladins did with their group direct heal.
Kianor

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:49 am

Bethiana wrote:
Binter wrote:I didn't really care too much about the nerf either...we're shaman. Mana isn't much of an issue.

I see that nothing has changed since I left, other than the Devs WoWifying EQ through the 'creative integration' of the better ideas and giving themselves a saltwater scented sticky fingered pat on the back for a job well done.

I don't know why this irks me. Probably because it was the reason I quit after participating in the Prophecy of Ro beta, presenting solid facts and parses and logic and expecting the Devs to listen. (The group heal debate is what got me, with Paladins hyperventilating through their pitiful mewling sobs while their bitter salty tears mixed with the bubbling snot frothing against their upper lips like some sort of Emo kid's inward angst surfacing for a horrific, mucous tinged avatar of sadness accompanied by the hodgepodge of Cure and Tori on their iPod.) This will never change. The developers of Everquest lost integrity and credibility years ago. Rytan may have been a sonofabitch but his saving grace is that he was straightforward about his douchebaggery. He made no effort to hide the fact that he was, indeed, one premature ejaculation whose mother should have been given a ten minute glimpse into her child's future and the wire coat hanger needed to correct the problem.

Now if Hannibal Lecter had been able to express his angst in the way you have..... No wait. That is a fictitional character.

'Piece' and love for all
Ride free brother.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Gadzuks » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:17 am

Fudapuda wrote:Meanwhile, if you really want to get the druids, we need to find something of theirs we can specifically point to and object loudly and obnoxiously and whiningly and snivellingly until we get it nerfed.

I dunno, I don't think they've got very much left that a Shaman would want, anyway (except maybe Snare) ... :cool:
Gadzuks

Postby frott » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:02 pm

I was for the Nerf before I was against it.

I think the only reason anyone is fighting over where to bury ANS is they are trying to set a legal precedence over who controls her estate.
Onanist Seedspiller AKA Dyspare Unia (due to GM name change)
55 Shaman
Drinal
frott

Server: Drinal

Postby Ughbash » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:21 pm

frott wrote:I was for the Nerf before I was against it.

I think the only reason anyone is fighting over where to bury ANS is they are trying to set a legal precedence over who controls her estate.

Already precedence set up for teh estate, it will technically go to her daughter.

Thats why everyone and their brother is trying to claim fathership adn then fight for custody of the child.
Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash
Ferocious Vie

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Benamil » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:25 pm

Fudapuda wrote:Pieces, if they don't do it soon...

And for the record, yeah, **** druids. or f*ck druids, if you prefer.

In the end, the only way you can make a statement in EQ is to vote with your wallet. Walk away if you can't stomach the BS any more. Personally, I put up with it all for 7+ years and counting, but I'm not buying TBS. TSS was my last, and I regret buying it, but there's no frelling way I'm gonna waste all the factioning time I've ended up putting in on TSS. I'm at least gonna see end game that far. Then fade off to retirement.

Meanwhile, if you really want to get the druids, we need to find something of theirs we can specifically point to and object loudly and obnoxiously and whiningly and snivellingly until we get it nerfed.

Or, we could just suggest they shove a mammoth tusk up their collective arses. Most of us are barbarians from Halas, we won't have any trouble finding a supply of tusks for the job.

Fudapuda
Bertox

I suggested it in the channel the same day i got that quote from Binter. Their fast heal, it makes them superior in healing to us, therefore it should be nerfed imo.
Benamil

Postby Kaledorm » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:01 pm

KB said:
Its amazing the evolution this game has undergone in the last few years.

Evolution implies forward progress, lol.

As far as the Sting nerf, it's irritating, but I can live with it. It does PO me that so many druids whined about it. Whether or not the whining was the cause of the nerf, it did sap a lot of the sympathy I held for the druid class (no stances after years of promising, the recast on their group heal, etc.). We got something nice, even maybe a gem of a spell, and BS starts sprouting on the EQ boards about it. It wasn't something overpowering, hell, it wasn't even really more powerful than a rain spell would have been in its place, it was just a lot more convenient to use.

If I were more vindictive, or if I didn't know so many good druids, I'd be seriously tempted to start posting that the druid's new dots they got a few patches ago need to be nerfed, or their fast heal (which, tbh, isn't really much faster than the normal heal with spell haste) and start whining about that. I know some comparison is needed to keep classes balanced, but most posts I've seen aren't for one's own class improvement, but more "OMG, LOOK WHAT THEY GOT, WE SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN IT, NOT THEM! IF WE CAN'T HAVE IT, NO ONE SHOULD!" It just seems counterproductive to me to focus on what other classes get than what my class needs. Who knows, maybe the Sting nerf took time away from druid stances being worked on :twisted: .

In any case, I like the new greeting. I probably won't use it myself, as I said, I know a lot of good druids, but I can see how it's good for venting. And also not to be taken seriously at all.
Kaledorm

Postby Benamil » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:13 am

Kale i believe thats what Binter was sayin when i quoted him :)

its a case of WE WANT YO COOKIES
Benamil

Postby Weyalan » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:24 am

I don't post here very often, but I would like to say this:

a) Anyone who's sig is, in general, several times longer than their average post ough to downsize their sig (Beneamil, this means you).

b) As a long retired VZ shaman, it brought a smile to my face to see that Shinerbokk is still alive & kicking, albeit on a new server
Weyalan

Postby Hecude Poison`Blood » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:29 am

Weyalan wrote:I don't post here very often, but I would like to say this:

a) Anyone who's sig is, in general, several times longer than their average post ough to downsize their sig (Beneamil, this means you).

b) As a long retired VZ shaman, it brought a smile to my face to see that Shinerbokk is still alive & kicking, albeit on a new server

Just block his sig if you dont like it. I find it funny and perfect
Hecude Poison`Blood
~~~~~Bankai~~~~~

Server: Fennin Ro

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Kiru » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:07 am

I believe he's referring to the size of the entire signature block, not any one particular element of it.
Kiru

Server: Stromm

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Benamil » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:49 pm

No thanks, it would defeat the purpose.

Btw, nice job ressurrecting an old thread.

P.S It's Benamil.
Benamil

Return to The Grey