[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Another Return

Another Return

UIs, Macros, Hotkeys, Parsing, Hardware and other sundry discussion about how the game is played.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Another Return

Postby jaden » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:16 pm

Hello all,

Some of you may remember me, others not, I also went by Jaidin on EMarr and was fairly vocal on the Crucible. I stopped playing right around when the Crucible was dying.

Anyway, I loaded EQ back up to play with my wife (clean EQ install) and what the heck did they do to the poor UI spellgems and buff icons? I can hardly even tell what the images are, let alone keep track of a hundred different ones. :(

I apologize if this UI question is misplaced, but I didn't see any UI specific forum here. Does anybody have/remember the old spellgems and buff icons that were made by one of our beloved shammies, way WAY back when? :) They actually had "heal", "slow", and "sow" over the icons, it was wonderful!

If not, I guess I'll have to increase the resolution in my old age. :) I did find some instructions on how to restore old EQ UI spellgems and icons, etc, but only if you had the old files to begin with.

Thanks!!
Jaden
jaden

Server: 7th Hammer

Postby gaesekki » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:30 pm

I threw this in because I was too lazy to learn new icons when I came back.

Just hit eqinterface and go to downloads/interface pieces/buffs and effects. You can quite easily browse the different styles and formats.
gaesekki

Server: Prexus

Postby Samanna » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:26 am

There's a picture of the spell gems I use at http://samanna.net/ss/ui.20060626.jpg and other discussion in the Game Mechanics forum.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby jaden » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:31 am

Cha-ching!

I found some old ui backup files. :)
jaden

Postby seventh.Tikoko » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:33 am

seventh.Tikoko

Server: The Combine

Postby jaden » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:34 pm

Let me know if you want the files, I can host them. So far, I haven't gotten a buff / spell that hasn't had the appropriate icon, but I'm only 67 and there are plenty of buffs/spells I haven't seen yet.

I think those icons date back to the PoP era, after they introduced the very first change to icons.
jaden

Postby ThraallFV » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:34 am

Thraall
Firiona Vie
ThraallFV

Server: Firiona Vie

Shaman Main

Postby jaden » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:46 am

jaden

Return to Game Mechanics