[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Folder Sync for Multi-Boxers

Folder Sync for Multi-Boxers

UIs, Macros, Hotkeys, Parsing, Hardware and other sundry discussion about how the game is played.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Folder Sync for Multi-Boxers

Postby Hedcea » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:02 pm

Hi,

I have no doubt that others have thought of this long before me, but I thought I'd share and see if other people might have better apps. I use a folder synchronization program on patch days to save the annoyance of downloading the patch on multiple machines. My app for this has been the XP Powertoy - SyncToy from Microsoft for the job.

The only thing I really don't like about it is the inability to flag particular files to not be updated, because I use a different monitor size and resolution on different machines. You can deselect the ini files in question, but still, you seem to have to do it each time. Another really good application for this is when you run a bazaar trader on different machines and don't want to set the prices or each.

Anyone else do this, and if so is there a better option than the SyncToy? I realize I could just do a cut and paste over the network, but I like the fact that folder syncing only replaces the folders and files that are updated, and it also works both ways so the computers swap character.ini files and such without having to remember which one was played on which machine last.

Thanks for any info.
Hedcea

Postby jaden » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:55 pm

Jaden Shadowslayer
7th Hammer
jaden

Server: 7th Hammer

Postby Hedcea » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:48 pm

Hedcea

Postby jaden » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:45 am

jaden

Server: 7th Hammer