[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - My new best friend -- Logitech G15

My new best friend -- Logitech G15

UIs, Macros, Hotkeys, Parsing, Hardware and other sundry discussion about how the game is played.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

My new best friend -- Logitech G15

Postby Agrajag Gargravarr » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:49 pm

When I went looking for a new keyboard, I was mainly looking for something of good quality, and was backlit because I generally play in the dark. This keyboard came with a bonus. See all those nice function keys on the left-hand side of the keyboard, grouped together in oh-so-handy groups of 6? Those are all programmable macro keys, and I love them.

For me, the top group is for blast heals, one key for each group member. Second group, single-click HoT. Third group is for single-click Panther.

Above the macro keys there are 3 buttons that allow you to switch to one of 3 macro sets, so conceivably you could have up to 54 macros that are at most 2 keypresses away.

I used to hate Panther, but with this thing it's easy as pie.
Agrajag Gargravarr

Postby XeroOmega » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:07 pm

backlit keyboards are very handy in gaming because I'm pretty sure most players like to play in the dark. I know I do...

really looking forward to <a href="http://www.artlebedev.com/everything/optimus/" target="_blank">the Optimus keyboard</a> which doesn't have labeled keys, but rather every key is a mini-LCD screen and changes with programs and such. if anything it will be just interesting to see.

programmable macro keys are not anything new to keyboards. most keyboards these days have dedicated macro keys linked to opening and navigating internet, email, and calculator. depending on the model/brand of they keyboard and software you're using, those keys are completely customizable.

Guardians of the Keep
Drinal
XeroOmega

Server: Drinal

Shaman Main

Postby Samanna » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:05 pm

Those both look sweet, but I think I'm going to get a G15. I'll probably set up similar, except that the first colun would be DH on F1-6, next column HoT on F1-6, third column misc stuff & AA combos (ohshit key, etc.). Hopefully they're as programmable as the Nostromo... are they?
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Kneesmasher » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:35 pm

I'm a big Logitech fan. I like thier mouses. I will have to look into the G-15 as well.
Kneesmasher

Postby WaringMcMarrin » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:39 pm

Just wish they would make that new mouse in a trackball style.

WaringMcMarrin

Veteran -

Server: The Tribunal(Ayonae Ro)

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Agrajag Gargravarr » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:12 am

Agrajag Gargravarr

Postby canzan » Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:54 pm

I just got this keyboard. I am having diffuculty getting the macro keys to work correctly in the game. It acts as if the keystrokes from the macro are too fast for the game to catch all of them. I am trying to use them for healing a particular party member. Here is the macro I made:
F1
/cast 1[enter]
/cast 1[enter]

It will only target me and actually heal occasionaly. it sometimes heals without changing targets. Sometimes it thinks I am attempting to send a tell.....
If anyone has any tips for making my macros work better with this keyboard, I would greatly appreciate it.
canzan

Server: stromm

Postby Beafly » Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:05 pm

85 Webmaster of
Beafly

Veteran -

Server: Tunare

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:13 am

I have the logitech G15 and loved it...... till the letters wore off the keys. I am typically a touch typer, but when I am accessing the keyboard for quick key hits (like I do in EQ) I tend to visually find the letter.... Sadly the G15 now sits on a shelf.

bleh
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:59 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Brohg » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:04 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Druegar » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:59 pm

Druegar

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:20 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:43 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Kiru » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:05 pm

Kiru

Server: Stromm

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:54 pm

Bigcat Daddy-o

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:32 pm

Bigcat Daddy-o

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Jaraman » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:56 pm

The best solution is not either/or, but best-of.
Jaraman

Veteran -

Server: The Rathe

Postby Samanna » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:58 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Return to Game Mechanics