[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - GamTextTriggers v0.9.3 - Text triggers for EverQuest, now wi

GamTextTriggers v0.9.3 - Text triggers for EverQuest, now wi

UIs, Macros, Hotkeys, Parsing, Hardware and other sundry discussion about how the game is played.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

GamTextTriggers v0.9.3 - Text triggers for EverQuest, now wi

Postby Gamanern » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:08 am

It has been a while since the last update, so you may expect the new version to have absolutely heaps of cool new features with all that time to work on the program.

Well, expect away ... unfortunately, most of that time has been taken up by working, raiding, grinding and starting some toons on another server, so I have only had time to make a modest list of updates.

This latest update was geared more towards user friendliness, lowering resource use, and batman mode, as I have been assure that all the best programs have batman mode.

So, on to the list of changes:

Fader is now an option, and the default. You can still use the original scroller.

The fader will just fade in the message, leave it sitting in the one spot, then after a few seconds fade it out again. If a second message appears while the first is still up, it simply shifts the first message up.

The fader uses MUCH less system resource (2% of what the scroller needed), so it should no longer create lag like the scroller had done.

Revamped the output resizing. The original resizing tools were hideous. I have now changed the way you resize the windows, so it now creates a drag box in the top left, and bottom right corners of the output window so you can drag them around with the mouse to get it just the way you want it.

/LOG ON reminder. Now, after GamTextTriggers has been running for 5minutes, if it hasn't seen any action in the log file, it will pop up a message asking if you forgot to turn on logging. I mostly did this because ... well, I often forget to turn on logging.

Batman mode! You can now enable Batman mode on the settings page. Just set the size of the critical hits, crippling hits, critical blasts and exceptional heals. Set the numbers high so you get a surprise from time to time, or set them low and spam yourself.

Colours, now you have more of them. After a few requests for more colour choices, I have now added in a bunch more. I will be still using the yellow myself, but I even had some exact shades (in RGB format) given to me so I can create the shade that they wanted.

Edit button behavior cleaned up. Now when you hit edit, it puts the details of the line back into the edit area so you can change them, and when happy use 'Set' to accept the changes again.

Minor usability changes.
* On first run, it will open the 'Log Open' dialog automatically.
* Changed the default of OTM to include a single quote as 'OTM so it doesn't get triggered by a spell with the letters 'otm' in its name.
* You can update entries using the enter key rather than only by hitting the 'Set' button.
* You can now have mega messages, so for guilds that like their MOTD to read like a book, you can now display it all as a trigger too.
* Hidden all output windows from tasklist, so they can no longer be accidentally selected when Alt-Tab is used.
* Made the outline of the messages and timers more complete, with a drop shadow on Fader/Scroller messages, so now the text should be more readable against light and dark backgrounds.

You can download it from the download thread:

Screenshots:

ZoK! BAM! FAP! Shazzam! and some hearts all have a chance to come up when you have batman mode enabled.

Resizing the Timer and Fader/Scroller windows just got a whole lot easier

Gamanern

Server: Maelin

Warrior Main
Wizard - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Re: GamTextTriggers v0.9.3 - Text triggers for EverQuest, now wi

Postby Finori » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:36 pm

Thank you so much, Gamanern. It just keeps getting better! I can only recommend this tool to any shaman!
Finori

Postby Tordail » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:15 pm

I like this idea quite a bit and might give it a go, though I think if a giant "Zok" appeared on my screen without warning, I'd be a little freaked lol. :oops:
~
Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Postby Finori » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:45 pm

Finori

Postby Gamanern » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:06 pm

A heads up to everyone, if you have a previous version installed, you may want to export your triggers, watches and timers first so you can quickly import them into the new version.

I had also missed a feature in my original post, there is now an option that when a timer runs out, it can be set to display a message showing that it had ended.

And for Batman mode, it is totally optional, and if you choose to turn it on, you can set it to a crit size or exceptional heal size that you very rarely reach so you do get a surprise.
Gamanern

Warrior Main
Wizard - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Finori » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:40 pm

I think the edit timer mode is a bit too aggressive. If I choose to edit a timer but for whatever reason do not hit Set (like hastily chosing to edit another timer) - I lose the timer. The default should be cancel in that case not delete.

The batman mode for exceptional heals only works if ALL fields have a none-zero value, i.e. I must set a value for critical hit and critical cripple even if I don't care for them.
Finori

Postby MiniChu » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:26 am

Question: Do you still need to run in windowed mode for this to work?
MiniChu

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Gamanern » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:22 pm

Gamanern

Warrior Main
Wizard - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby MiniChu » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:56 am

Blearg.. I actually like the looks of this tool; and I could find tons of uses for it (atm I am using my own homecoded audio trigger thingie on a test basis), but the screen thingie would be a great addition. Unfortunately, my maching lags like *bleeeeep* in windowed mode, so not useful for me really :(

I am not an expert in graphics or DX coding, but I would assume it would be possible to plug-in to the DX engine and create the overlay? If I can make a suggestion, you could try to to mail the people behind Fraps? They might not reply, but they may give a few pointers? I know it's unorthodox to ask people like this; but from my own experience, good results can come from this approach. The reason I am poiting to the Fraps guys, is that they have their FPS counter running as an overlay in fullscreen mode - and I believe that is excactly the functionality you are looking for :)

Anyways I am rambling - if this tool could be made to function in fullscreen, you'd be having one more user right here :)
MiniChu

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Return to Game Mechanics