[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - client crash error for OOT only

client crash error for OOT only

UIs, Macros, Hotkeys, Parsing, Hardware and other sundry discussion about how the game is played.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

client crash error for OOT only

Postby Merkraith » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:47 pm

So I been working on the anniversary tasks, and eventually had to make my way to "Ocean of Tears" And upon my first attempt i got a client crash, though oh well that happens, I will just re log on, or restart computer and try again. But that didnt work, I would keep getting the client crash over and over if I tried to log on to my character. I was able to log onto my other chars just fine too.

My only option ended up being to wait until I could "Return Home" and then I was fine. I have tried again to enter OOT since the patch, and still same thing.

Not sure what to do... I have done a complete file check, not sure if there is something bad with my zone file, but it is only this zone, and have not had any other client crash problems.
Merkraith

Server: Luclin

Re: client crash error for OOT only

Postby Ughbash » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:09 pm

Delete the zone file.
Repatch the zone.
Go there with an alt you don't mind not having access to for 6 hours to test it :)
Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Re: client crash error for OOT only

Postby Merkraith » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:34 pm

Well I just tried that, and still no go, also after the client crash I get a small box that says...

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error

Program files....\..\..\eqgame.exe

abnormal program termination

So not sure what to do now, is something up with my .exe file too?
Merkraith

Server: Luclin

Return to Game Mechanics