[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Returning, now I got a problem

Returning, now I got a problem

UIs, Macros, Hotkeys, Parsing, Hardware and other sundry discussion about how the game is played.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Returning, now I got a problem

Postby Dorillion » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:43 am

Hey all,
I am a returning silver member pally (2 extra box accounts).

This always seemed to be the best place for good answears (since I am not online and can use serverwide).
I had troubles getting a second account up on my pc. I got some error message about eqgame.exe or something that had troubles and then the second eqinstance(maybe wrong word) shut down. No problems at all with the one I had online but couldn't start a second one. I used this pc to 3 box before (only going to 2 box this time around thou) so I think there is something else that is the problem.
I don't remember this problem, is there something easy i have to do that someone can help me out with ?

Thanks in advance, and let me know if I need to post more info to make it easier

So sorry if this is answeared somewhere that I couldn´t find, or if this is wrong forum.
Dorillion

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Re: Returning, now I got a problem

Postby Kaisung » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:37 pm

Can't swear this will help, but I found that having two seperate directories with all EQ files in each and running the instances from seperate folders helped a lot when I tried to box on a single machine. YMMV.

I gave that up though, took too long to swap between windows on my machine, and now I just run 3 seperate systems for my 3 accounts.
Bolverkr 91 Ranger
Kaisung 91 Shaman
Kaisung

Server: 7th Hammer

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:53 pm

Check that eqgame.exe isn't forcing itself onto a specific processor core on each startup, perhaps. As competing resource hogs, multiple EQ instances are best left to be assigned to separate cores.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Aikoiko » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Brohg, I have the same problem. How would you check to see if eqgame.exe isn't forcing itself onto a specific processor core?
Aikoiko Unday
Shaman of Grey Hawke - The Rathe (formerly Karana)

Aikoiko

Server: The Rathe (Karana)

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:10 pm

It's one of the advanced options in the right-click Properties menu in several operating systems. You can also "Set Affinity" once the program is running, in the Windows Task Manager, by right clicking the process.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Aikoiko » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:33 am

Thanks Brohg! Ended up just setting the affinity in task manager after launching the first game instance, then launching the second and it worked like a champ. Didn't realize until latter I was playing both instances from the same directory, but it worked fine anyway. No lag, but man, I got a ways to go to get used to 2boxing.... I two boxed other games quite effeciently, but EQ is going to take a while to get used to (again).

Off topic, does anyone know the max lvl spread for being able to get xp? I boxed a little 9 CLR with a 49 RNG (no xp) and then another 29 CLR and still didn't get any xp....
Aikoiko

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:06 pm

Lower_character=Higher_character-MIN(Higher_character/3, 30)

so 9 with a 14 works

the 29 with a 43

the 49 with a 73

if the 9clr wants PLing, just recruit him a tank mercenary. you won't even have to heal it for a long long time, can spend mana nuking :)
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Aikoiko » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:06 pm

Thanks again Brohg!

Created a Mage on the second account and got up to 34 (crazy how the low levels fly by now). I'm hopeful that I will be up to 49 this week so I can get back on Aikoiko.
Aikoiko

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Dorillion » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:32 am

Finally I have been back to my apartment to try it out.

Thank you for the advice on this Brohg, had forgotten about all that.
Dorillion

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Return to Game Mechanics