[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Korlach, the Deep Leviathan

Korlach, the Deep Leviathan

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Korlach, the Deep Leviathan

Postby Trevalen » Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:14 am

This is a raid event begun in Stoneroot Falls that is accessible after completing one wing of the group missions for the Shilliskin Fortune Teller quest.

I've taken between 6 and 20ish people there and been unable to figure out how to make the script progress.

We beat Korlack down to around 81% and get the emote that he is weakening.
We click the rune/mez clicky on him. Some adds may spawn.
In about 5 seconds he emotes that his defenses have been restored and heals up to 83%.
Repeats endlessly in the cycle until we get bored and leave.

I have heard all sorts of crazy rumors about this and read all the info I could find online (not much), and of course tried it myself over and over. The only thing I haven't done is gone in with a lot of DPS. The in-game briefing is pointless. Has anyone done this event who could provide some insight on what to do to make the script move forward?

Thanks.
Trevalen

Postby Lovis » Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:27 am

On Antonius Bayle
Lovis

Postby Gaknab » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:03 am

Sadly I and a group of guildies spent alot of time pounding our heads against him with a single group! (Not knowing it was a raid encounter)

On our last attempt, oh maybe 6 weeks ago now we got him down into the mid 30's with just the 6 of us.

Group was: Warrior, Cleric, Shaman(me), Ranger, Rogue, Wizard

Very DPS heavy.

Anyways when you get that emote click yer rune, each time you do you will spawn adds. Have the DPS kills the adds, when they are dead click again, kill adds rinse repeat until he wakes up again and then everyone back on him. If you are confident in yer cc/offtank abilites to handle the adds you can spam click the rune which actually works better but can kill you fairly easy. All in all it's a fairly simple fight.

He hits fairly hard and is a bitch to land Turg's on (At least without Tash) I ended up keeping him slowed with Balance.

It would probably be a challenge for 2 Anguish geared groups. I don't think one group can kill him, we went all out and popped alot of vet aa's as well (Full Mana/HP Refill was used by both the Cleric and the Wizard) and only got him into the 30's.
Gaknab Eater of Guktans
Troll Soothsayer of 985 Froglok Dismemberings

Help the Hopeless, Help fight Time's Antithesis Dependancy Syndrome
Gaknab

Server: The Nameless

Postby Brohg » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:26 am

We killed him with one group in the second week of Depths, Gaknab sir.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Trevalen » Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:13 am

Thanks for the info. I tried him yet again with about three groups the other day. We clicked 5 runes at once, spawning 5 adds. Korlach was unaffected.

What is the deal with his emote that he is lowering defenses? He emotes again that his defenses come back in 5 seconds, which is the cast time of the rune, so it is very unlikely to land the click effect on him during that brief window. If you don't have to get him while his defenses are down, then what does this emote have to do with anything?

It sounds to me like you are saying we can wait for the emote, then click the rune on him and kill the add, and simply repeat this over and over one add at a time until he falls asleep. Then when he wakes up DPS him some more until we get the emote again. Is this correct?

We've clicked the runes 5 at a time, seperately over a long course of time, etc. I've never kept doing the same thing over and over, but I bet I have had the click effect cast on him 10 times in a row before and never even put him to sleep once. Does it take more clicks than this? How many would you estimate? This guy is not extremely tough but being stumped by his script has gotten annoying.

Thanks for the help so far. If Gaknab, Brogh or anyone else have any last minute tips before I drag 20 people out there for the fifth time, I'd appreciate it. :-P
Trevalen

Postby Moontrei » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:55 am

Moontrei

Server: The Nameless

Postby Curva » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:08 pm

Curva

Postby Trevalen » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:32 pm

Trevalen

Postby Henora » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:42 pm

, shaman of - Terris Thule ( now The Rathe )
Henora

Server: Terris Thule > Prexus > The Rathe

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Ghuur2 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:37 pm

Ghuur2

Postby Trevalen » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:34 pm

Thanks Ghurr for that article. I have been following that thread as well. It is embarassing that everyone thinks it is so easy to figure out -- I usually do not have problems developing simple strategies.

No, I have never gotten the emote that his eyes glaze over. I have never gotten an emote that he is getting sleepy. I get these two emotes:

[Fri Nov 11 21:27:53 2005] The Korlach abandons its mental defenses and concentrates on healing.
[Fri Nov 11 21:27:58 2005] The Korlach begins to reestablish its mental defenses.

This is an exactly 5 second window during which the Korlach drops his defenses and heals. The cast time on the coral is 5 seconds also, making it very very hard to land in that window even with lightning reflexes (I've done it once by having someone clicking and ducking over and over. No add spawned that time but the Korlach was still unaffected.) I've also clicked on it a ton after the defenses came back up and just got a lot of adds. Curva reports killing "like 100" adds with no effect.

Doing it over and over doesn't work, and I don't see how you can cast a 5 second spell in a 5 second window reliably. I don't even know if casting inside that window is required. I feel like if I could figure out what I am trying to do exactly, then the actual execution would be easy. Thanks for any help. :-)
Trevalen

Postby Naagruz » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:10 pm

Naagruz, Retired Frikkin Troll Shaman of Xegony
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=449978">Doing less with more mana since 99'
Naagruz

Postby Kerberuz » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:37 pm

I gathered all the information to put this together

Information for this fight was taken from:

The fight goes like this:
Every 20% of his health he will emote "lowers magic defense and concentrates at healing" At this point there is no possible way you can possibly out damage his regen. This is when you start using the clicky. Either it fails and a weak add spawns, or it'd say something like "Leviathan's eyes gets heavy blah blah". At this point, he is falling asleep, but any aggro will wake him up. If he wakes up he immediately regenerates 20%. If you're able to avoid aggroing him during the sleep period, he will still wake up naturally but it'll be a different emote, and you can work on the next 20% of his health. The fight stops at 20% (he goes to sleep for good) and you get your loot. He gets slightly harder every 20% (like there would be a snare AE after a certain %) but not anything to worry about.

The hardest part is not screwing up the waking up and having to go through the same 20% of his health forever.

also. at 80% you have to land the click 5 times for him to fall asleep. then at 60% its 6 times. and on and on. as long as you have done the 4(I also heard you only need one) single group missions to be able to request this raid, after the raid leader requests it, you can hail the mob and say the phrase and get the click too. My idea was to come back with 5 or so clicks would speed this fight up tremendously. Or more…

It has a real easy learning curve. If you just zone in and try it. Within 20 minutes you will know exactly what to do.

The Korlach becomes vulnerable to the sleep effect at the end of every 20% interval, namely 20/40/60/80. If you agro him during his sleeping process he will instantly gain another 20% for being woken up prematurely and go back to his normal form.

At the end of every 20% be absolutely sure that no one is casting on him. Dots are a bad idea. You shouldn't even be close to him.

You have the time it right so the click lands between those 2 emotes; and you have to land it like 5 times for him to actually got to sleep. I don’t think you get a success message when the click lands, but you will see when it finally goes to sleep a different emote

it should look something like this

[Fri Nov 11 21:27:51 2005] you begin to cast click
[Fri Nov 11 21:27:53 2005] The Korlach abandons its mental defenses and concentrates on healing.
[Fri Nov 11 21:27:56 2005] your click lands
[Fri Nov 11 21:27:58 2005] The Korlach begins to reestablish its mental defenses.

When your click doesn't land you will be notified "Korlach, the Deep Laviathan doesn't seem to be affected by your enchantment"

The 5th time or so you are successful you will see him go to sleep and about 15 adds spawn. Then he will awaken and you can kill him down another 20%. Rinse and repeat till he actually falls asleep. If you do any damage while he is sleeping you will fail and have to start over that round (IE, land 5 clicks again)

So to sum it up, you need to click your clicky before he gets to 20/40/60/80% so your click lands in the 5 second time frame you need to put him back to sleep. This is a timing/no agro fight so you MUST pay attention. NO DOTS.

Oh btw if any of the information is not accurate let me know and I’ll update it.
Kerberuz

Server: The Rathe

Return to Raiding