[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Uqua

Uqua

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Uqua

Postby Catmandew » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:11 pm

Catmandew

Server: Stromm

Shaman Main

Postby Ungkor » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:30 pm

Ungkor

Postby Lovis » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:16 am

Here is my favourite Uqua Guide.

For the slowing problem: You could ask beasts to assist slow, mages for malo.

*hugs*
Lovis

On Antonius Bayle
Lovis

Postby Zagor » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:30 pm

Zagor

Postby Grendalkhan » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:55 pm

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=586374">Teesa Zjoquor</a>
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=453758">GrendalKhan Rose</a> (Retired)

"The general shaman consensus, however, is that the lead spell designer is so wedded to his self-delusional notions of godhood, that he refuses to admit any error unless someone up the food chain from him stuffs a change down his throat."-Chutoi Dogslobber
Grendalkhan

Postby Zagor » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:15 pm

Zagor

Postby jdthomas » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:47 am

jdthomas

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Jin » Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:43 am

Jin

Postby Catmandew » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:31 pm

Catmandew

Shaman Main

Postby belaar » Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:14 am

70 Transcendant

70 Shaman
belaar

Server: Prexus

Postby Catmandew » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:49 pm

Catmandew

Shaman Main

Postby Grendalkhan » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:53 pm

Grendalkhan

Postby Kanamori Hitatomi » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:38 pm

92 Barbarian Shammyknight!
Bristlebane-Tribunal Server - I play on Tribunal damnit!

SHAMMYKNIGHT !!! Okay, perhaps I'm now less of a speedbump than fluffy was when we first got him...
Mod - Most work is on our
Kanamori Hitatomi

Server: Tribunal

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Exeley » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:13 am

75 Spiritwalker
Officer of on Stromm
Exeley

Postby Spyco » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:31 am

Uqua > most raids in EQ, prolly the best thing SoE ever did imo. was a blast doing ! lol, 1grping the golems = fun !
Spyco

Postby Galelor » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:16 am

Galelor

Veteran -

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Zaviax » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:50 pm

My guild just did Uqua last weekend, I think our 5th attempt and 2nd win. With about 80% of the guild Qvic flagged now I'm happy to see us not having to do it ever again. It's certainly an interesting raid zone and somewhat fun but not something I'd want to farm.

Idol comes in very useful here and so does Sloth on certain traps. Sloth all tanks and send them to the front and it makes a noticeable difference in less ping ponging.

Since we're on the topic too, ** I made on one of our attempts. We wiped on Barxt that time so no footage on final fight. It's only my 2nd attempt at making a video, first being our last **
Zaviax

Server: Tunare

Postby Grendalkhan » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:45 pm

Grendalkhan

Postby Kanamori Hitatomi » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:31 pm

The only problem that I have with it is when a 'group' sets up camp there for a week or longer, people getting a friend geared up does not take THAT long. That's how I figure that its someone selling gear. . . If the group doesn't change but 1-2 people every now and then, what do you think they're doing, group-gearing-up an entire guild? . . . Outside of that, no I can't prove anything. It did seem to touch a nerve with you though :D . That said, I have no problems with people gearing up friends, though I would like to see a main get the gear over an alt when a pickup group forms.

I do have a problem with it when a guild is at that point of progression though. The guild can KS them, but that's just not the right thing to do. My guild is past way that point, but I do know a few newly Qvic-flagged guilds on Tribunal. For them, it's not gearing up a friend, its gearing up so they can beat the next encounter. With the mobs down almost all the time, that just becomes that much more difficult for them.

Gearing up friends/recruits in Qvic is an easy way to make them better than bazaar or DoD dropped gear. If you look at DoN gear, a few pieces are ok, but for the most part, they lack focus effects (and Qvic healing focus is pretty nice to have when all you/friend/recruit has is Improved Healing V) and/or AC. One example would be the arms slot. The best item that I can think of from DoD for the arms slot is (I can't find the Grey Iron Chain Arms listed in the groupable gear section from this site on Lucy, does it exist?). Compare that to . It's not a contest.

When you're gearing up lets say a recruit for Anguish+ content, DoD gear will just get them killed (hi AEs, remember me?) or make their jobs a LOT harder to do. We had a cleric recruit that had pretty much a full set of DoD/DoN bought gear apply recently. He was constantly oom when needed in the chain. We managed to get him geared in a lot of Qvic stuff pretty quickly (guess the 'group' wasn't there farming for like 2 days, they're back now last time I saw) and the difference in his performance was pretty large. Luckily, we knew he had the skill to do the job, but just needed the chance to show it with the proper gear. So far, he's been a pretty nice addition.
Kanamori Hitatomi

Server: Tribunal

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Jin » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:33 pm

Jin

Postby Stephen51 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:25 am

I wondered (For future reference, the guild I am in is about to attempt Uqua), if SoE will take action against Pharmers, should I try reporting them if, on my server, they are continually camped by the same person(s)?

As for people farming parts for friends, as they are not breaking any Eula laws, I have no qualms with that. I am concerned of the rumour on my server (Druzzil Ro) that people will train you once you've cleared to the goats. I've heard SoE will do nothing about that.
Stephen51

Server: Druzzil Ro

Postby jdthomas » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:58 am

jdthomas

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Grimnar » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:09 am

Grimnar

Server: Innoruuk (Nameless)

Postby Mcboon » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:46 pm

Seppiroth of Povar
Member of Risen from the Ashes