[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Dot's on raids and aggro

Dot's on raids and aggro

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Dot's on raids and aggro

Postby Pugger » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:48 am

Quick question, I know that shamans can fill many roles and people play their shamans many different ways during raids but heres my dillema.

It used to be that on raid targets, the only way I was getting aggro on the raid named was if I ran 5 dots, rain nukes + regular nukes. And even then, for me to get aggro on the raid named it had better be a really long fight.

I have all the reduced aggro aa's. The only foci I have upgraded to tss for dots is magic. The others are don foci up to 70. I have rk2 spells of dots.

Damn near nothing resists our dots in tss (at least in ag so far that I know) where as before it was usually magic or poison that would hit but not both.

Recently we have gotten like 8 clerics on raids so my healing has been more of random spotting instead of constant spamming and Ive had more time to turn up the dps.

I run 4 dots(no nukes, 2 magic and 2 poison) on lethar and get summoned at 70% life.
I run 4 dots on stitch get summoned at 50% life.

Okay go down to 3

I run 3 dots(no nukes, 1 magic and 2 poison) on lethar and get summoned at 40% life.
I run 3 dots on stitch get summoned at 20% life.

Down to 2

I run 2 dots(no nukes, 1 magic and 2 poison) on lethar and I dont get summoned. Its a quick fight.
I run 2 dots on stitch and only get summoned if our tanks go down for some reason, although Im summoned before other dps or clerics.

Just used those two fights as an example. Just about anything we are killing these days I know that If I wanted to play tank for a few seconds all I have to do is run 3 dots.

Anyway...questions is....our other people seeing this? or is this sony's way of telling us we should be healing more on fights and let dps classes do dps? Its not like Im going full out dps or anything. Were talking 2 - 4 dots and a few spot heals out of our 5 or 6 high end dots with no nukes. (Dont get me wrong, Im not complaining about our dps....if a fix to this in sony's eyes is to reduce it Im gonna go watch the saw series and imagine its all sony ppl in the traps to feel better) Would be nice if we got some way to kinda drop aggro. Zerkers get a stun / drop aggro disc. Wizards get a drop aggro spell they have to cast every few nukes to stay off aggro. Necros just die. Shamans arent anywhere near that kind of dps so really we shouldnt need aggro dropper but at the same time, we really shouldnt be getting summoned halfway through a fight while running 3 dots.

Just wondering.
Pugger

Server: Saryn

Re: Dot's on raids and aggro

Postby Felstaff » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:25 am

Felstaff

Magician Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Zagor » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:30 am

Zagor

Postby Kneesmasher » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:08 am

Kneesmasher

Postby Kianor » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:56 am

The original posted said he has all the agro reduction AAs.
Kianor

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main

Postby fendaann » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:12 pm

Get the FD ring.

Sloth Ot'ers insteed of more dots.
fendaann

Server: Quellious - POVAR

Wizard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Galelor » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:16 pm

I don't have TSS foci stuff so i can't comment, but I never get agro unless i am being carelss or the tanks are being lazy.
Galelor

Veteran -

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Kneesmasher » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:20 pm

Do you have the Silent Casting AA? That's also very helpful in big aggro situations where you know you are going to be stacking dots like mad.
Kneesmasher

Postby Keltor » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:53 pm

Keltor

Postby Brohg » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:16 pm

Silent Casting doesn't reduce the agro associated with dots.

I don't have this problem. Look in your log files for "Soandso looks very angry." and "Soandso looks furious." and "Soandso is struck by a vortex attack". If you don't see all of those alternating for the whole battle, then your deaths are the tank's fault, not yours. Those are the messages associated with Scowl, Bazu Bellow, and Vortex Blade, the three heavy +agro warrior combat abilities.

Another culprit can be gear. Your gear doesn't affect your agro much at all, but gear does affect the warrior's agro. Appropriate weaponry (all ours use Arcekor + 2.0/2.5, Swiftcleave and BBB are still fine), augments (EB main, EB+A3 in offhand epic), and modifiers (meaning +100cfx) make a lot of difference to them.

With tanking, I can have a pet, melee (with TA, not epic, most of the time) with Panther on, chaining Sting while running 5 dots and not pull agro unless he dies. I've done this for up to 8 minutes. With that kind of load on, though, only a very talented warrior and a little luck will be able to save me from being the next dead if the main tank goes down. That's around 1300 dps, btw, if a couple rogues keep Guide of Toxicity on the whole time.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Maitz » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:52 am

There was a discussion about aggro changes on dots recenty on eqlive. Agro generated by dots landing even before doing any damage was removed. Also Rashere pretty much confirmed SCS aa's pretty much only works on initial tick.

They might rewrite scs to work on all dot ticks if necros and shamans press the issue a bit.
Maitz

Necromancer Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Kianor » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:57 am

Kianor

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Pugger » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:45 am

Pugger