[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - interesting thread about open raiding

interesting thread about open raiding

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

interesting thread about open raiding

Postby fendaann » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:32 pm

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts ... _id=188868

We random 1000 for all loot , spells are awarded on heal or dps parses, and we award officer of other guild who are attending the open raid with the trophies that drop to be placed in their guild hall. I bring up the officers of other guild so that folks understand that Crimson Tempest litterly uses these open raids to recrute folks for other guilds on our server. Most players are part time raiders that do not feel they have the time to invest in the raid style Crimson Tempest requires when learning new expansion. Yet , with the free accounts getting to level 90+ now and becoming gold members , We felt that these open raids can get the newer /returning folks into the raid experiance even at this limited amount.
fendaann

Server: Quellious - POVAR

Wizard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Re: interesting thread about open raiding

Postby Karanwatson » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:39 am

OK fine enough I will share this information on my Facebook group to get more response.
Karanwatson

Server: 650 E Penn Ave, Cleona, PA 17042

Berserker Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby shredclaw » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:25 am

I have since left Crimson Tempest and I am with Shadows of Doom. On Antonius I have started Open raids again, with weekly clears of nToV and recently we cleared the Tower of Frozen Shadow. I still swear that all high end guilds should be doing this on their servers just to get more intrest in what raiding is all about.
shredclaw

Postby Benedorf » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:29 am

I applaud what your doing. Quite honestly ever since SOE decided to forgo the retail boxed sales and promotion of Everquest (I assume at the time they thought it would detract from EQ2), getting folks into the game and raid progression has suffered. Don't get me wrong the F2P and relaxing the constraints to level 90 and 1000 AA's (Plus allowing more class/race choice) are great moves to get fresh faces. Without word of mouth and Facebook lukers deciding to try out the game.... We are fishing in a smaller and smaller pond. Those that put down the controller and take a break from HALO and Black Ops become converts very quickly :-)

Having someone extending a hand and showing folks zones and mobs they would only otherwise see on Alla's is GREAT. Hell, SOE should give out hosting trophies. GOOD JOB and this type of thing is keeping with the traditions that made EQ FUN! back in the day
Benedorf

Server: Tribunal

Postby Elric » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:36 am

Similar happening on Bristlebane.

Rest in Peace, Legion of Valor, and BUG (Bristlebane's United Guilds) all have a way for folks to raid and earn/spend dkp I believe.

Ring of Valor holds open raids on Friday nights with loot /random.

For years After Hours (non guild raiding org) was active as well.

I would think most servers have something similar, it just might take a few /tells to find out who is doing them.
Elric

Paladin Main

Return to Raiding