[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Question on Leveling my boxed SK

Question on Leveling my boxed SK

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Question on Leveling my boxed SK

Postby Mojarda » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:42 pm

Mojarda Spyritwalker
85 Shaman of Avatar Elite
E-Marr
Mojarda

Shaman Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Yesak » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:47 pm

"Sometimes you have to face your demons, sometimes the demon is you." - Yesak Demunstorm
Yesak

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Mukshaak » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:35 pm

FD and soak xp is never too bad. But if you want a more PLing method, you should stay away from Red con... :? I understand there is a xp cap you can get per mob, and it will be much faster if you kill blues, whites and yellows.

I have recently dinged 50 on my warrior. And past 4 levels were done in Dulak or Gunthak (hot spot).

What I did was:

Got some Skinspike potions. (35ds)
Got a ds from my lvl 62 ranger (on war account). Any ds class will do here. If you want, roll a drood or mage, get him to lvl 7, and that's an extra 6 DS.
Think I had another 7ds from gear, maybe it was more (I see that you have 6ds).
Made myself some nice trains
Found a smooth wall and corner (easier in Dulak than Gunthak)
Channeled HoT's through all the hits, and let the mobs eat themselfves on the DS. Think with full ds spell from a passing drood I was at 82 ds.
With the War, cycle targets till got a hit message (except for the night I borrowed an Earthshaker, now that was fun... :twisted: )
Waited for mobs to die, and get another train.

Some advice if you do try that.

1. keep sk outside of group
2. if you get carried away with train (as you do hehe), just go to a nice kite spot, like inside the boat, get some distance, cast HoT, wait till you are fully healed, then just: Wait to get hit, run away, HoT tick kicks in, stop get hit again, move away and wait for HoT to keep up. That way you can use a kite to control mob dps on you versus HoT.
3. If you see any PBAoE class around, soloing or in small group, grab them. PBAoE is sooo much easier than cycle targets. Loads of PBAoE classes out there: bards, clerics, droods, the nuking classes etc. Get them to mem the lowest level one to avoid aggro.
4. A smooth wall, and preferably a corner, makes channeling spells a lot easier. Gunthak had some uneven walls, but a nice place I found in Dulak is the end of the piers. Although visually it looks just like you going to fall off, these piers are surrounded by beautifully smooth invisible walls. :twisted:

With a high level toon, you should be able to slay singles in Gunthak and Dulak very quickly, but I just found the ds method a refreshing change... 8)

And of course, if you ever get bored of all this PLing the Drood way stuff, just group with the SK and head down to Seb for some Frog slaying... :wink:

Hope that helps, and happy hunting.

Muk
Mukshaak

Server: AB (ex-VS)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Keltsete » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:13 pm

Keltsete

Postby Scowls » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:25 pm

Scowls

Veteran -

Server: Prexus (TerrisThule)

Postby Unfb » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:31 pm

Unfb

Server: 7th Hammer

Postby Ungkor » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:30 pm

46-52 solo'ing the goblins in PoN worked well for me.

Ungkor

Postby Keltsete » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:59 pm

Just did velks level 30-55. I'm now at 13played hours. Once the war dinged 46 I took my necro and start doing all the kobolds and moving all the way to the castle and then back to med then repeat. Worked great.

Started to slow down now at 55 try pov but it's only 1% a kill I'm thinkin velks still might be faster for a few more levels not sure right now.
Keltsete

Postby Scowls » Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:59 am

Scowls

Veteran -

Server: Prexus (TerrisThule)

Postby frott » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:29 pm

Note the new hot zones:
Level 20: Swamp of No Hope
Level 25: Overthere
Level 30: Timorous Deep
Level 35: Emerald Jungle
Level 40: Dreadlands
Level 45: City of Mist
Level 50: Skyfire
Level 55: Karnor's Castle
Level 60: Veksar

So you might want to consider a move to KC.
One thing I like to do when PL'ing is work on any faction that I might want to up.
AKA Dyspare Unia (due to GM name change)
55 Shaman
Drinal
frott

Server: Drinal

Postby Scalia » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:34 pm

Tunare/E'ci: Scabon, 80 Shaman
Scalia

Server: Tunare (E'ci)

Shaman Main

Return to Soloing / Duoing / Multiboxing