[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Duo

Duo

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Duo

Postby zantocon » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:47 pm

Since I dont see any wizard boards that are active at all, figured I would see what people thought here. I duo with my wife's wizard on my shaman. It works but I'm sure there are better duos. I'm thinking Chanter/Wizard, or even Bard/Wizard would be better. Root/rotting isn't an option. Druid/Wizard has it's obvious advantages as well, having the ability to snare as well, and FoE, the mana regen of the HP buff. So what do you guys think is the Best Duo for a wizard?

zantocon

Server: The Rathe

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Re: Duo

Postby fendaann » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:03 pm

i started to play a duo Wiz/Wiz in cresent reach newbes but I was learning to box. and still am teriable at it. buts its really just playing one wiz while the other mends mostly since i am learning to box. I dont really see what type of scripts you could due. I would think that a FD'er that can dot would be a good parter with a wiz that I think can be scripted to tab over press button and tab back main char wiz.
fendaann

Server: Quellious - POVAR

Wizard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Keltsete » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:56 pm

Necro/Wiz.

If your talking for pure xp purposes you won't find a better partner.

Keltsete

Postby zantocon » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:31 am

I had thought about doing the necro/wiz thing, but it seems too much like just letting the wizard snare and then dotting with the shaman. I know the fd is handy (have a 75 necro that was my main before.) May break him out again and do that for a while. I could just do the kiteing thing with the shaman too. It works, it's just not as effective since you have to do canni instead of letting the regen work from a necro.

Two wizzies would work rather well since my wife would actualy play the other wizard when she's around.
zantocon

Server: The Rathe

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Keltsete » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:17 am

Shrug the necro outsolos a shaman for pure xp by far.

It really depends on the purpose of your duo. Wiz/Wiz isn't bad but for pure xp duoing the necro/wiz will be better.

If you want to duo a wiz/wiz then go ahead and do it... no reason not to.
Keltsete

Postby zdrastvicha » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:19 am

shaman/necro can also be handy for killing those summoning named that you just cant seem to get solo. the slow and healing power of shaman can make quite a difference even on our pet.
zdrastvicha

Necromancer Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Morainna Saidai » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:28 pm

Any snare class can dou with a shaman easy enough. Pull rot load dots and nuke and kite same as kiting with wiz wiz wiz necro whatever. Unless your gonna dou in a spot where you can't kite a Shaman can kite with any snare mob. I know after 3 dots land if I am kiting the mob I can keep aggro just fine off my nuking conterparts. Its just a matter of where you want to dou.

Pull Malis, Root, Load couple dots, Wizard snares, then continue upkeep of dots and nuke away with both toons same kite strategy as with any other snare combo and you get to keep playing your shaman to boot instead of finding a new class.
Morainna Saidai

Shaman Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Return to Soloing / Duoing / Multiboxing