[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Messing with my 5-box

Messing with my 5-box

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Messing with my 5-box

Postby Dakshere » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:48 pm

Every so often, I get the itch to mess with my 5-box setup.

With the sixth spot taken by a healer merc, what five classes would you toss together for the general grouping game (and perhaps leaning toward DPS heavy)?
Dakshere

Re: Messing with my 5-box

Postby BrieThecheese » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:54 pm

Hmm. . Just some of my favorite classes

Necro
Mage
Shaman/Druid
Bard
Shadowknight

Not sure how efficient this is, but looks fun to me :)
Brie Cheeseheart 75 Necro
Havarti Cheeseheart, 63 Shaman
Fenka Frogheart, 63 SK- Semi retired
Druzzil Ro

Retired for the time being (again)
Grearl Kalu of the Truthbringer, 53 shaman
Renarc Sarikal, 56 druid
Stromm
BrieThecheese

Necromancer Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:17 am

Shadowknight
(Shaman or Enchanter or POSSIBLY a Beast Lord)
Mage
Wizard
(Wizard or Mage)

Shadowknight tanks and pulls.
Shaman would slow and buff the SK, Enchanter would slow, buff the casters, use an aura, and stun, Beast woudl slow and put a pet on stuff.
Mage DPS plus air pet to help mitigate for SK and in case SK goes down.
Wizard DPS, Snare, Evac, Ports.
I would tend to go with a second mage over a second wizard, a little less dps but it will make things even easier on your tank.
Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:14 am

Support
Shaman - amaxing buffs/debuffs/melee dps enhancement- DPS via sting and the occasional dot/languid bites backup/support heals
Bard - best.pulls.ever. melee and caster DPS enhancements
(*and the only one you should need to position, but even out of position still provides a LOT)

Tanking
SK - redundancy up the ying yang. Can pull. Can snare. Can tank. Holds agro like no tomorrow. Multi target agro. Can flop on a bad situation, pop out a second merc cleric and get it up and running again. SK is the icing on any cake.

DPS
Wizard - amaxing non focused DPS (don't have to position them. couple of hot buttons set up and they are putting out ungodly dps). back up snares. emergency oh shit button (evac). ease of transporting around.
Mage - awesome dps, and redundancy in tanking for a tough spot. Air pet can tank like no tomorrow. Lots of good enhancements via pet weapons, mod rods. Convenience of Call of the hero. Nothign I hate worse than one of my boxes falls off of auto follow and I have to run him over to same place. In laggy spots I run mage in, COH everyone else.

In this scenario you have 3 pets, all of which will be hit with Panther etc. (assuming reasonable AAs). It'd be a crazy good group I think.

Personally, I 3 box Shm/SK/Mage for the main part as I get burnt out 5 boxing. 3 is the right amount for me, and I fill in with mercs or the occasional friend. For tough pulls I drop the Mage for MONK on same account, but I really miss the Mage DPS when I do that.

Edit: drop mage for MONK
Ride free brother.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Sowslow » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:10 pm

Wouldn't be your typical setup but I would imagine it would be very efficient:
Mage
Mage
Mage
Mage
Bard - puller, slower, etc.
You would be missing some buffs but you could probably get most at gl or maybe just load a buffbot. Each could have their own cleric merc that you could rotate out to fill the 6th spot. Bard is an excellent puller and cc. Then with 4 mages and air pets, I would think you could take on some really challenging content without huge healing requirements. Mages are pretty easy to box, so it would be fun to see it in action.
Sowslow

Server: The Rathe -> Quellious -> Povar

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Kumudil » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:31 am

, ,
Kumudil

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Mendler » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:19 pm

SK
Shammy
wizzy
wizzy
wizzy

Simple as humanly possible with max dps.
Cleric, warrior, shammy, necro of Emarr
Mendler

Server: Emarr

Postby Dakshere » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:15 pm

Dakshere

Return to Soloing / Duoing / Multiboxing