[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - What to Duo with

What to Duo with

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

What to Duo with

Postby Blaorfi » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:46 am

Hi.

Just have a quick question for you guys.

I have just got a secnond account and decided I would lvl another toon to go with my shammy, as its somthing different and I have never done it before. And I thought it might produce less down time when there are two characters instead of just my shammy.

But my question is what character does the best with a shammy partner?

Thanks
Blaorfi

Shaman Main

Re: What to Duo with

Postby Huurgh » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:59 am

Take a mage :)

You get a good tank in form of the pet. Pet toys for your dog. Good dps, one of the best DSs. In case you want to add 2 mercs, war+clr, or clr/clr for tough stuff.

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert A. Heinlein
Huurgh

Server: Antonius Bayle

Magician Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Scalia » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:13 pm

A Mage would be a good choice for two-boxing: tankability (especially after 76), soloability when you don't feel like dual-boxing, ease of two-boxing (send pet, nuke and RS when needed), ease of travel (CotH), fairly high DPS, relatively low AA requirements, relatively low gear requirements, complementary abilities (e.g. pet toys and another Panther target). I suppose the two main weaknesses of a Mage/Shaman combo is that it lacks pulling/CC tools (except CotH) and snare, but you can't have everything. Also, unless there have been recent changes in this area, Mage pets are rather weak in the 50s, but you will have your Shaman to help the Mage get to 61 quickly. I hear PoI is good at the moment.
Tunare/E'ci: Scabon, 80 Shaman
Scalia

Server: Tunare (E'ci)

Shaman Main

Postby Huurgh » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:24 pm

Huurgh

Magician Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Scalia » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:28 pm

Scalia

Server: Tunare (E'ci)

Shaman Main

Postby Kruzar » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:56 pm

Mage is a good duo partner for sure. I am making a trio with a Rogue, shammy, and mage... just due to the fact that the mage is a really good compliment.

I am finding mages to be very easy to box, and with just a couple of hot keys... you get very good results. With mercs... almost anything possible, but this is one class that either merc can compliment. Tank merc if something is too hard for the pet to tank, or at lower levels super DPS to almost PL yourself. Cleric merc can help out to keep the pet healed if things get spotty.

The nice thing about a shammy is so many classes pair nice with it. Some better than others, but it they fit in nicely with just about everyone. My rogue has had a shaman partner for years, just for this fact. With mercs it is now more of a foursome, but still the core is the same.
Kruzar- Kitty Rogue of 85 Seasons
Kyleanea- Barbarian Shaman of 75 Seasons
Kruzar

Rogue Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby shamy60 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:42 pm

i play a shaman (main) and an alt mage both are lv 85 (mage got also near 2k aa's)..
there are some trick to pull mobs with COH,when yu get used to.
like in dranik at xangef camp,there is a named ""ulkat"" who is in the fartest room to the west and like 25 mobs in between,and it take me 2 coh to get him close to the stairs rooted....
with that duo i was able to get all my SOD essences easy and pretty fast..
i played a monk to lv 85 also and before that a warrior but i hated to have to position all time the melee toons,sometime they are right there and the mob hitting you but yu get the message that ""you are too far away to hit"" (very frustrating),mage pet don't need to be positioning .
i assume your shaman is lv 85? we are very good at pwling also,),.my favorite spot is in griegs end and the xp is good from lv 40 to 61 ( you have to be lv 44 iirc tho to land dd on them ) before that yu need to hit at least once the mobs and cycle through nearest npc..
i was able to pull like 40 mobs on me with 200 damage shield...xp is awsome,and you can stop at lv 51 to reg xp and go 100% aa' xp until u have all the good one at that level since u can have 4 to 6 aa's per pull,,) (depending on how many u can pull ),just be sure to have lassitude on you and HOT, all time on you......idol of malos help also to let mage to be able to cast the low level ae DD.easier....
why i like grieg end? = many mobs to pull and no one running away and it is good up to lv 61 8)
i made my mage lv 85 and 1000 aa's in a like 16 days played with no lotd ( he still not have it ).
took me about the same time for the monk also..
btw you can't go wrong with the mage.i so like them now that i play 2 mages since i "'retired"" my shaman since he is nearly aa maxed,and until the new expansion come out :)
shamy60

Server: RATHE

Postby Huurgh » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:13 pm

Also get /pet focus asap for that config. Few things suck more then Vp-ing a mob away, to have a pet follow up and break it via weaponpocs/panther. :roll:
Huurgh

Magician Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Return to Soloing / Duoing / Multiboxing