[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Ok knew I was missing something

Ok knew I was missing something

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Ok knew I was missing something

Postby Blaorfi » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:41 am

Hi.

I finally found a bit of time to check some old posts on these forums and noticed something that I have forgot in my absence away from eq.

I am a lvl 70 shammy and I asked where to solo, as I tried a couple of places but it did not seem that good, anyway looking at the posts I forgot that you could stack dots :shock: .

Anyway what dots am I able to stack as I have forgot, I dont have Nectar of Pain yet, but will try to get that asap.

Im sure there are going to be more questions as time goes on as I have been away for far to long

Thanks
Blaorfi

Shaman Main

Re: Ok knew I was missing something

Postby Scalia » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:48 am

You should be able to stack pretty much all of your DOTs. None of the high level DOTs (that I know of) have that annoying initial DD component which breaks root, but at level 70 some of the lower level DOTs may still have it, so make sure to check before you use them. Of course, it only matters if you are root-rotting as opposed to tanking in the face.

Other than that, your selection of DOTs will depend on your targets' resists and mana efficiency. If the mobs are highly resistant to magic/poison/disease even after Malo/Decay, then skip that line of DOTs or, better yet, find another place to hunt. Disease DOTs are extremely mana-efficient, but have low DPS, so, depending on your mana regeneration capabilities and the availability of other DOTs, they may not make much sense even at 70.
Tunare/E'ci: Scabon, 80 Shaman
Scalia

Server: Tunare (E'ci)

Shaman Main

Re: Ok knew I was missing something

Postby Ughbash » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:17 pm

Simple way is just stack your top 2 magic, poison and disease dots.
Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Return to Soloing / Duoing / Multiboxing