[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Best of these two with Shaman Box?

Best of these two with Shaman Box?

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Best of these two with Shaman Box?

Postby Zadayn » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:43 pm

Okay, so I've had a Berserker Main for a year or so and had my Shaman as a Raid Bot/Box Alt, and recently was forced to play it solo. I have now found a new favorite class to play! :P But recently my brother and I powered a warrior up to 80 so we could group tougher stuff and farmed gear and aa's for it, but we're still severely lacking in gear. It's currently able to tank FoS nameds with 2 clerics, but nothing harder than that. After investing 100+ hours into this warrior and it's gear, my question is this:

Should I just go back to Zerker/Shaman duo with a tank merc and cleric merc, or should is it worth it to continue with the warrior and do Warrior/Shaman with 2x cleric mercs? I'm wondering just how well the j5 tank merc can do Tosk-level stuff+, and if having the dps hit from lack of zerker and only the warrior is going to kill my boxing/duo-ability?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

And FYI, I'm not fond of the idea of levelling another toon (ie: Mage, Wiz, Druid, etc) Haha :shock:

FYIx2: Zerker has some raid gear, including a raid calibur weapon, whereas the Warrior has gimp weapons
Zadayn

Shaman Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Re: Best of these two with Shaman Box?

Postby Yesak » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:11 pm

My t5 tank was able to handle tanking in places as hard as Old Bloodfields. Even main tanking named without too much of an issue if I had a cleric merc and I helped with heals. However, in my opinion the tank merc will always be slightly behind a warrior. If you get your warrior full t5 gear, it should be quite a bit stronger than a t5 merc.

That being said, the DPS increase from the zerker would probably be better in the long run. Having 2 cleric mercs around is nice but go ahead and live a little dangerously with 1 cleric. I would think the DPS from shaman + zerker + merc would far outclass anything you could do with warrior + shaman. The major downside is that the tank merc will not be able to handle things that your warrior + shaman + 2 clerics would. Either way, the combo is not bad.

I'd go zerker but tbh, it is all about what classes you have fun with. I take it that your brother will be playing either the zerker or the warrior. If that is the case, simply ask him which toon he prefers to play and go from there. Some people love to tank (why, I will never know)

Just my thoughts. 8)
"Sometimes you have to face your demons, sometimes the demon is you." - Yesak Demunstorm
Yesak

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Zadayn » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:55 pm

I honestly wouldn't be able to tell ya what class I have the most fun with, because it's 50/50. I also forgot to mention that my bro boxes a Bard/Rogue combo, so we group when we can get both get on at the same time, otherwise we each solo. As far as my questions go, I'm more concerned about my duo-ing ability with the box combo.
Zadayn

Shaman Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Kumudil » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:58 pm

Tank mercs are dumb. If 2 mobs are incoming and you VP-root one away the tankmerc will turn around and run to the rooted mob, than having the second mob beating his backside. Healermercs are much closer to real healers than tankmercs are to real tanks. I think xp will be easier to collect with the zerker, but with the warrior you will be able to get down harder mobs. Next expansion is not too far away. It could be, that mercs have been considered too powerful and won't get big upgrades if any. It looks like most classes with any form of heal-spells will get a new spell which grants the ability to double-heal. It might be very useful in the not so far future to have a real tank.

A proper geard (and AAed) real tank is by far better than any merc. As you are already at 80 with the tank and if you have still fun with him, proceed here. In the long run you will get further.
, ,
Kumudil

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Return to Soloing / Duoing / Multiboxing