[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - 2-3 boxing curiosity.

2-3 boxing curiosity.

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

2-3 boxing curiosity.

Postby Arkendar » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:25 am

How to put this. I'm not really all that interested in coming back to EQ atm (I'm completely broke and about to be jobless, for one, and Skyrim, for two), however, been thinking about EQ lately.
Had played an emu a while back, not gonna mention names or anything, figure it's against the rules, but there was a quest to just go and "Kill all the named in this zone" they had added to a handful of the zones. Kind of similiar to the OMM tasks. Gives you a reason to go explore the zone, learn each fight, etc, and kill every named.

So I got to thinking in off time, if I was to come back, I'd likely reroll completely again, to set up myself with the best possible setup I could get. With the simple goal of running as many zones as possible, completely. As in, any interesting quests, kill any named, learn the mobs, etc. Just a "goal" in mind other than "Grind 5.35 million AAs, get next rank of gear". Again, not coming back, just curious to see what you guys say. Samanna seems to have the best spread of what people play and the answers you get, so asking here. Anyway, if you guys were to reroll completely, no PL, no help, no twink. Maybe no baz ( I might go back to test server if I was to come back, and when I did play there, so long ago, there was little to no baz selling). Two sets -

A) Two box
B) Three box.

For going through and boxing zones in the style above, likely in expansion order. As in, I'd try to more or less follow the expansions so I'd experience them a bit more. I mean, not like I'm going to go through all of PoP or something, but starting at maybe SoD or SoF, both of which I've done..very tiny amounts of anything in. Guess a bit of an odd question, but I'm just mostly curious what the classes are like at this point in the game. If a War+cler, or Monk/Sham or something would be best, or the old "Mage+Mage" from SoD. and Dunno anything on 3boxing.

Oh well, hope everyone gets the question. Thanks for listening to a weird post!
Arkendar

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Re: 2-3 boxing curiosity.

Postby Ughbash » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:30 am

I am not sure if you know or not, but you can get "mercs" which will help you out. They are either Cleric, or Tank or DPS mercs.

If you were going to avoid mercs I would say SK (Pulling Tanking) + Shaman (Slow buffs heals).

Mage + Mage will work well after 71 but you are talking the lower levels.
Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Arkendar » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:53 pm

Well, really meant to eventually go into whatever counts as modern, too. Just to take it a bit slower.
Just a thought that if you have 50 billion hp or whatever is common these days, simply pulling the entire zone in many of the older zones becomes more and more possible. and while that can be fun, you don't really learn about the zones, or see anything new.
All honesty, I'd probably start in the 70+ range. I've seen most of the lower zones until I'm sick of them. A handful that I've never really been to, and I'd remedy that, but mostly, I haven't done anything in SoF+. So main thing was which would progress well to get their own gear and slowly work through the expansions until you got to the modern stuff, too. Without having to jump forward, get gear to make things trivial, and so on.
Arkendar

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:37 pm

Two mages would probably be the most overpowering for a non-raider.

A shaman mage would add slow.

A ranger mage would be nice dps and a puller.

Necro Mage is high dps and a puller but MAY be tricker to box.

It is easier to use a mage pet as a tank since they do not require gearing up the way a War/SK/Pal does. They basically need one item (best pet focus you can get).
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Arkendar » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:24 pm

ah, k. Cool, thanks.
I've noticed mage pets get a bit ridiculous past 70 (The emu I happened to play, I ran with 3 mages and a bard as my DPS and ..well, things die. Very quickly), and remember when I played a bit during SoD, mages were rather sickening at soloing. Just wasn't sure if the classic War+Cleric / Monk+Shaman / SK+Shaman, etc (Tank+Heals) would be "better" than a pair of mages.

Nice to know, if I ever actually have the money to play again, might have to do that. Guess I'd end up seeing which I enjoyed more in the end. Loved my monk, but if the goal is purely "2box progression" might have to just reroll (again. For the..thousandth ish time).
If only EQ1 had the FTP server in the style of EQ2. If I could throw a small fee to play N class and then play for free..I'd go for it.
Funny how I don't even care to "go get the best gear" at this point. It's just "See all the crap I missed."
Arkendar

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Return to Soloing / Duoing / Multiboxing