[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - My Research and the Results - along with my own opinions

My Research and the Results - along with my own opinions

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

My Research and the Results - along with my own opinions

Postby Bazell » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:51 am

Bazell

Postby joks » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:18 am

- Power Paladin
- Singing Sidekick
- an Everquest guild on Antonius Bayle
joks

Server: Antonius Bayle

Postby joks » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:20 am

joks

Postby Brohg » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:21 am

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Saintsaens » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:38 am

Saintsaens Sacre`Coeur
Lvl 100 Holy Defender
Officer/Assistant RL, Sol Invictus, The Tribunal

Formerly
Saintsaens Sacre`Coeur
Lvl 65 Paladin
Officer, Splintered Essence
Vulak`Aerr

Formerly
Lvl 52 Crusader
Archaic Arbitrators, Tallon Zek
Saintsaens

Server: Bristlebane

Paladin Main

Postby Khael » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:39 am

"Hike. Hikeba inochi wa tasukeru... hikaneba."
Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Beafly » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:00 pm

85 Webmaster of
Beafly

Veteran -

Server: Tunare

Short notw

Postby Bazell » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:24 am

I'm at work so I'll have to make this short.

Joks and Brohg, appreciate the info (and the link). I will do some more research on the info you provided, but I still have several sources and folks in game I trust on that until I get some more definitive info. You both could have come across a tad better. I was actually kinda ticked at first til I had some time to think about how you worded it and probably meant it to come across.

Saintsaens - um..not for the high end posting? My first post was put in the crusaders warhall, and then it was suggested to post in the Lord Protectors, then I post in that side much more in depth on the same subjects, and you then say its not appropriate. Ur call, I think your wrong. Either way I wont be contributing again to this site so it doesnt matter. Too many negative folks here.

Khael - it was posted I was not the definitive source and the know all. I also requested folks to provide pertinent input. I take your post as pretty much a flame and you as an ass. I was trying to put a decent post out there for folks to find all the info in a one stop shop as I havent seen any posts from you all along those lines at this point.

to Beafly - post wasnt about aggro or aa's. It was a simple explanation of stuff i had found to date and wanted to put in one spot. Either you missed that point entirely, or are another one of the know-it-alls that decides to ride someone else when they try to contribute. Either way you missed the point, not me.

take care,
baz
Bazell

Postby Samanna » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:31 am

We have what is probably the smallest number of personal attacks of any board I've visited. While these posts made no attempt to coddle you, neither did they attack you. They criticized your post because much of it seemed inaccurate, and we pride ourselves here on being a source of accurate information.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby joks » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:04 am

Baz, since you make no mention of it at all, I'll just repeat the link: http://samanna.net/gen.info/effects.shtml (found in the dropdown menu, info for everybody). It covers pretty much everything in your post. If there's questions or stuff lacking in that one, feel free to discuss that. No need to reinvent the wheel when you can "stand on the shoulders of giants", i.e. build on the efforts already made by people of this community.
joks

Postby Valya Wanderfoot » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:42 am

People could have cotton balled their comments more I suppose (someone trying harder to be tactful might have said, "You should take a look at the material above. All of this is covered pretty thoroughly there, and on [list topics here], they have lots of well documented info that doesn't match your findings") but

" I am creating this post for two reasons. One is a reminder for me to refer back to. Secondly, for folks to read and offer up information relevant to it that I was not able to find. You will see ??? at some points in this post and I need that information if anyone has found it."

If you post your draft work in a public board where people have been discussing this type of issue for 7 years, and invite people to "offer up information", you're going to get comments.

If you tell people that if they disagree, "MAKE YOUR OWN DAM POST" is not really the way to invite respectful comments. (I'm not sure if that was in the post at first or if you added it)

If you post stuff without clicking the extraordinarily helpful links at the top of this very board and taking that info into consideration, it's kinda open season.

The stuff here has been EXTENSIVELY and FANATICALLY parsed and analyzed. Saying "but I still have several sources and folks in game I trust on that until I get some more definitive info" is sort of amusing when you consider that the parsers have been trying to overcome people's subjective "feelings" about game effects since Romidar (and plenty of others) did their groundbreaking parsing work work in 1999.

One of the reasons I was enthusiastic about moving here is that for years we have been referring people to Samanna's guides for exactly this type of info, along with the Paladin Handbook and a number of very nice (if somewhat dated now) posts in our own Tomes of Knowledge. which will be moved here if Myfreebb ever gets its butt in gear to at least let us access our old material :(

ps. on the old board, "Lord Protector's Citidel" did refer to "game mechanics" as one of its topics, but one this board there is a forum for that type discussion, called "Game Mechanics." Probably, this would have worked better there.
Last edited by Valya Wanderfoot on Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
Valya Wanderfoot, PON Admin
70 Paladin (ret.), <a href=http://www.dark-bane.net>Dark Bane</a>
Mith Marr (Saryrn)
Valya Wanderfoot

Postby Valya Wanderfoot » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:08 am

pps. Since you don't actually seem to want comments (just info you haven't been able to find yourself :p ) it strikes me that what you might be looking for is a non-public online place to make notes for yourself that you can edit from home or work. You might want to check out:

http://www.zoho.com/

or

http://www.writeboard.com/

both of which offer free services where you can write on line and edit from wherever you have a net connection. There's other services like that too. Hope that is useful :)
Valya Wanderfoot

Postby Cellan » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:33 am

Cellan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Beafly » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:42 pm

Beafly

Veteran -

Server: Tunare

Postby Khael » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:14 am

My post was as much aimed at the others as at you Bazell. Read the quote again :P Was my way of saying "you can never be sure of anything", sorta; things could change at any time. If you took offense, sorry, wasn't really my intent. You made a valiant attempt at a hard task, and I salute you for it. Though perhaps, if I may offer some criticism also, you would've done better to finish your research first - and made your post more like a question, not a statement.
Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Return to Crusaders' Warhall