[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - The "I Soloed It" thread (Bagar the Sexy, 5/10/06)

The "I Soloed It" thread (Bagar the Sexy, 5/10/06)

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

The "I Soloed It" thread (Bagar the Sexy, 5/10/06)

Postby Valya Wanderfoot » Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:00 pm

note: moved 9/24/06 when old PON boards came back up briefly.- val

Bagar the Sexy
Knight

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:38 pm Post subject: The "I soloed it" thread Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
I thought i'd make a thread for people to post all the old content raid mobs or even new content group level mobs that they have soloed.

Off the top of my head i've soloed klandicar, sontalak, a ton of fabled crap, and some other luclin / velious stuff...atm i'm working on soloing Yelniak, but it isn't going favorably Razz.

Not much to solo on luclin server, cause nothing is ever up Razz Oh well, post away !

This deserves sticky !

Bagar the Sexy the Sexy & Cleric Box
Retired, but not forgotten Smile

Bagar the Sexy
Knight

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:43 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Btw, best attempt on Yelniak so far solo is 70%

Died at like 55% mana tho due to crappy channeling with 4 adds on you. Next time I might kill two of the adds, shouldn't need all 4 to make WoT effective.

Ridden
Cavalier

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:24 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Manifestation of Ravenglass
Had 6 adds by the end of the fight, was at 23m so I trained them to zone then went back and looted the pal/shd sword Smile
Wouldn't have been even remotely doable without WoT/blessed aura/epic click.
Used holyforge and HoD but not LoH.
Self buffs and self haste from prism of dark hues/cbq belt.

Raeyne
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:50 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Killed Manifestation of Ravenglass quite a few times as well. Quite easy really. Most adds I had was 6, but some rooting fixed those. First time I did it was sorta tough cause I didn't root adds and just took the beating. Used HoD and had 35% mana left. Since then though, I haven't used more than 30% mana, no HoD or LoH. Wouldn't be fun without WoT for sure.
The Rathe

Nodden
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 5:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Soloed Statue of Rallos Zek. Wasn't harder than Vindicator really.

Bagar the Sexy
Knight

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 6:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Next time I see him up, going to try to solo Trakanon (parked an alt down there to check him with).

Shouldn't be too hard if i can get him into summon mode before banish.

Nodden
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 6:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Trakanon is superweak. If you're worried about not damaging him before he banishes you just damage a juggernaut and bring it with you.

boukk
Cavalier

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Never managed to get lesst than 4X4 add on ravenglass, easy kill anyway(with wot of course).
I dont solo much, but think the more challenging kill was 6 7month ago on itraer vius,aint so easy to play perma blinded ;p

Banzeye
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:01 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
first try on sonty today knocked him down to 41% (I TOTALY misjugded how fast id have to click insta rebuffs and was buffless for over 1/2 the fight)
a new set of hot keys and his punk ass is mine. Twisted Evil

Banzeye Purpleclubprez
70 paladin Novus Invictus Druzzil Ro
--The Guy Behind the Guy Behind the Guy

Bagar the Sexy
Knight

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
I don't bother to reclick buffs on Sont. 4 slots at a time and he recasts it almost constantly.

Verlane
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 7:27 pm Post subject: Carpin Script is too easy Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
I didn't solo it.

Today my wife and I, 70pal 70shm Duo'd the entire Carpin Script with encredible ease. All in all it was very worth it, made 86k in trib loot for 2 hours of Slay Undead.

We used only Pal and Shm buffs, with the exception of right click haste for end mob, saves lots of mana to right click a potion after she cured the 90% melee slow each time.

Verlane's Gear

olts sonofolts
Cavalier

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:28 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
anyone tried to solo carp yet? i tried on olts once, but couldnt get rid of his adds.

caero & olts

Aristorx
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
I tried carprin once didnt go so well , so far ive done korukrust , zlandi,klandi,sonty,vindi,doomshade,dozekar, rock dude in ahkeva , big robe in greigs end , i tried to solo tiv (the intrius vertrius or whatever it's called couldnt handle the blinds) killed rhag1, killed that raven glass dude first week or so of por before i quit, tried chardock king couldnt handle the adds, Tried Ltk (lendaria the keeper) kept getting to many adds, Tried eashen in ntov lol that was funny . Soloed pop version of mujaki well sorta , i had a guy kiting everything while i picked them off and killed) vs of course , trak , garudon after 4 fails, poj torture trial lol , um and i think that's about it as far as semi hard mobs. i'm sure there are others i'm not remembering as well.

Rathkin
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
For those who have solo'ed vindi, explain how u go about it please, I tried this today had him 2 guards and 2 more light blue on me with WoT up, kept me up pretty good but i was doing a fair amount of healing. Couldn't seem to dps much faster then he regened and eventually I dropped. What do you recommend? What other mobs would be fun to solo, with or without WoT, just looking for a challenge or maybe some nice drops i could sell.

My Gear

joks
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:43 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Epic 2, all aa's, 60ish damage shield, 50 accuracy. Was doing around 280 dps, but then again I had some outside buffs.

Nodden
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:24 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
I pull Vindi out where the lowest level frost giants hang and keep 5 or so on me to proc WoT. Make sure you don't have ds on or the trash giants will kill themselves on it(also keep them at your back or ripostes will kill them). Then I kill his guards first, they die pretty fast. With 5 green giants and WoT on I don't need to cast any other heals, make sure to fight in a corner to keep interrupts to a minimum.
Now I'm playing on Zek so I tend to go max dps gear, I have max attack, fero5, cleave5, 117 accuracy, 50%selfhaste clicky, 8% overhaste clicky, 5 dmg aug etc. and I don't have any problem with his regen. Takes awhile to kill him but down he goes.

Rathkin
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:13 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Will have to try it with greens on me and killing vindi's guards, I was doing enough dps if I stayed on him but i was needing to do to much healing with the blue adds, My gear is linked under sig, no 2.0 yet using tacvi 2hander, I average prob 230dps.

My Gear

brittany seleana
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:10 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Va'Dyn in Ahkieva Ruins...took about 15-20 min...Wunshi, Fort and Sense, Clairvoyance, Elixer of Haste X, Conviction. Rest was self buffs and clickies.

No outside healing, used 1 heal potion and a Damage shield potion.

Finished with like 20% mana

Brit

Brittany Se'Leana - 70 Paladin

Aristorx
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:18 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
noddin you inspired me and i went and did statue , didnt realize how long it takes lol .

Lamini
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:58 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Nodden thats how i figured out soloing vindi and statue as well... after several attempts that is. whatever the mob is, adds are beneficial to your health as long as they are not hard hitting, as they help heal you.

now to get some spell haste to stop interruptions /moans
Last edited by Valya Wanderfoot on Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valya Wanderfoot

Postby Valya Wanderfoot » Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:01 pm

Bagar the Sexy
Knight

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Not exactly a solo, but I cleared all of NToV with me, chanter, and shadowknight guildie. I boxed cleric of course. Took 4 hours. Vulak gave my berserker a very nice Axe.

khrokhro
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:59 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Anyone has done blood of ssraeza ? I just tryed and WoT was enough to heal but the massdispells + interrupts got me (8 adds is pretty bad even in a corner). He is low hp and stunneable so might be doable Smile.

Aristorx
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
I thought about it , but wouldnt the curse's from the 4 mez snakes kill healing

boukk
Cavalier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Bagar the Sexy the Sexy the Sexy wrote:
Not exactly a solo, but I cleared all of NToV with me, chanter, and shadowknight guildie. I boxed cleric of course. Took 4 hours. Vulak gave my berserker a very nice Axe.

Soloed Aary / koidoken /mirnella / feshlak/dagarn /kreizen, then came to sleep, unfortunatly it was all cleared the day after, but my main aim was to get meat, so /shrug.
Was with wot, although koidoken feshlak mirenella kreizen doable without easily.
Main difficulty/annoyance is their Call of the zero crap.

Bagar the Sexy
Knight

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Quote:
Main difficulty/annoyance is their Call of the zero crap.

Try to deal with it while boxing a cleric and monk Sad Sad Sad

ghirador
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
have any of you soloed tormax? vindi takes me 50mins to solo. and i know tormax has crazier regen and more hps.

Nodden
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Yeah, I've soloed Tormax. He's easy if you can split his guards.

Redwrench
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Carprin is fairly easy to get solo ... engage him to get his adds to pop ... run to ZL ... root one of the add and zone ... when zoning back in all of the pop adds will still be there as they seemed to be leashed to themselfs , Carprin was gone .. I assumed back to spawn point .. kill them off and carprin will insta pop where the last add dies( well he did for me ) .. got him to 45% but i didn't have infusion up to resist his life tap.. and had a couple of the living zl adds .. would suggest clearing them after the undead so ya got max time in case of repops.. hope that helps if any try him out

Thanos
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
after getting wot and wanting to post some cool i solo'd mobs here it goes. solo'd klandikar. solo'd trakkanon. and most awsome of awsome i solo'd vindi. duo'd doz and first hafl of ntov with a shammy. could have done a few more but it got late. want to try doz solo but not sure i have the mana pool to keep up with the heals. can he be done using wot? have a few dragon adds to keep it procing. not sure when i see him up again i think i will try (all the spells are easily resisted all my rsists are well over 300)

Kentaro
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:50 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
killed Caprin, was kinda (very) lucky with the slays.

his adds lasted about 20-30 seconds each and one died from my riposte slays,
Caprin himself is not that hard then.

I was raidbuffed at 16.5k hps, all AAs, epic 2.0 and Vishitimar item and HoT potions, LoH and Hand of Piety were gone after the fight Wink
Yes and Holy Forge as well.

The peacekeeper equipment

Bagar the Sexy
Knight

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:33 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Quote:
duo'd doz and first hafl of ntov with a shammy. could have done a few more but it got late.

That's no lie Sad NToV mobs, for the level of content that they are, still take for freaking ever to kill, especially the ones with lovely unresistable stun / knockback AE's.

Out of everything I miss about EQ, doing NToV weekly for alts is one of the things I miss the most though ^_^. I was working on getting them VP keyed too!

Ragaroth
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:34 am Post subject: . Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Things I've soloed so far:

Zlandicar
Derakor the Vindicator + both adds
Overlord Banord Paffa
Eindride Icestorm - BoT tower boss
Spider Broodmother - lavaspinner's lair
All 5 arcstone cloak quest mobs
Diaku Overseer
Glykus Helmir
Vallon Zek
An entire PoTactics stampede
5/6 PoJ trials - all but the suffocation trial
Stonebite
Rhag 1
Rhag 2

AC is undeniably king for paladins. Whatever way you can make the ratio of damage taken to ward damage healed better, will improve your soloing ability exponentially.

Madlez
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:42 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
add Aerin Dar to the list, had to staunch tho

joks
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:16 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
hey madlez! your chiseled skullbone ring and dawnseeker wrist has wrong augs in it. you chose the ones with no stats Wink

Madlez
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:35 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
hahah and there i was wondering where im missing hp. Thank you Jorks Wink

Postby Ragaroth » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:46 pm

Ragaroth

Server: 7th

Postby joks » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:00 pm

- Power Paladin
- Singing Sidekick
- an Everquest guild on Antonius Bayle
joks

Server: Antonius Bayle

Postby Galelor » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:23 pm

Galelor

Veteran -

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Ragaroth » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:43 pm

Ragaroth

Postby Grendalkhan » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:43 pm

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=586374">Teesa Zjoquor</a>
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=453758">GrendalKhan Rose</a> (Retired)

"The general shaman consensus, however, is that the lead spell designer is so wedded to his self-delusional notions of godhood, that he refuses to admit any error unless someone up the food chain from him stuffs a change down his throat."-Chutoi Dogslobber
Grendalkhan

Postby Ragaroth » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:42 pm

Ragaroth

Postby Ragaroth » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:10 am

Ragaroth

Postby AaebFV » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:11 pm

I know some of you have soloed AL. I tried him for the first time last night and had issues with his 8 sec stun. How did you get past that or just nothing more then keeping a HoT running the whole fight?

Sir Aaeb Soulblade
Holy Knight of Clan Werre
FV
AaebFV

Postby glenbois » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:38 am

Having witnessed the new "blind" on a raid last night I thought of an ole mucker in Akheva Ruins and decided to try out The Itraer Vius - now after WoTing all the room and barely surviving as I took too many on and kept geting summoned and interupted I got him alone - so I thought cure with purification and RC and CP would be sufficient - my goodness it wasn't enough hehe so I just kept getting summoned taking a step or two back and solo'd him blind :)
Gamolron
Tide
Magelo : 785237
glenbois

Server: AB

Postby Nodden » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:28 am

Nodden

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby boukk » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:41 pm

boukk

Postby Morbidhorror » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:01 am

I have been trying to solo grummus I know that there are soem paladins out there that have soloed him. I clear to him no problem still have full health and mana by the time I get to him but, I engage he hits like a girl so that is no problem I have been trying to resist his AE's but can't seem to even with Infusion tried cureing the slow he casts with CP hasn't seemed tow ork or he just casts it right after I cure it with with the slow I get him down to about 75% before he takes me out. Any ideas what I am doign wrong here?

[/url]http://eq.testmagelo.com/profile/935013

There is a link to my gear/aa if you have any suggestions please feel free once I get Grummus down I move on to Carp Cycle
Morbidhorror

Postby Khael » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:01 am

"Hike. Hikeba inochi wa tasukeru... hikaneba."
Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Ragaroth » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:18 am

Ragaroth

Postby Ragaroth » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:07 pm

Ragaroth

Postby Galelor » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:10 pm

Galelor

Veteran -

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Ragaroth » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:28 pm

Ragaroth

Postby Galelor » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:28 pm

Galelor

Veteran -

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby joks » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:15 am

joks

Postby Khael » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:02 am

Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Kaedare FV » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:27 am

Kaedare FV

Server: Stormhammer

Postby LordDavias » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:21 pm

Not that he's any harder than Carprin really, but I solo'd Avhi Escron (second mob in cycle).

Bishop is doable now we have HoD and you can actually stop him CHing you just have to get some good slays before he rapes you down.

I bow to the Pally who Solo's Raex tho.

Shadowhunter is pally Soloable too. I kinda solo'd it but some passer by did some dps on it I think.
<a href="http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1361398">GEAR</a>
LordDavias

Server: Antonious Bayle

Postby glenbois » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:53 pm

glenbois

Postby LordDavias » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:31 pm

LordDavias

Postby glenbois » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:08 am

Always with Nightbane - maxed out accuracy and maxed atk also helps (how much I'm not sure) - I guess with content this old that the AC ceiling has been reached and extra HPs help.
glenbois

Postby LordDavias » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:09 am

LordDavias

Postby Alandros » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:18 am

Any suggestions or advice about soloing as a Paly ? Also any good exp solo places for a Paly from lvls 67-75?
Alandros

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Galelor » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:27 am

Galelor

Veteran -

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Alandros » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:31 pm

Alandros

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:53 pm

Guardian of the Seal at the bottom of the hole.

Not sure why, but his 2 adds were not up, so I ganked the 2 gargs at the door and used WoT....not really sure if those 2 helped or not lol. Used up all my tricks except LoH and ended at about 15 mana.

Of his 2 normal adds, one is a CHer and one is a Wiz, and I tried it with them at level 70 and had to gate out cuz I was getting my ass handed to me. I'll try again some day when GotS and his 2 adds are all up
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby glenbois » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:41 pm

glenbois

Postby glenbois » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:43 am

glenbois

Postby Hulkling » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:49 pm

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby joks » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:18 pm

joks

Postby glenbois » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:53 am

glenbois

Postby glenbois » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:21 am

glenbois

Postby joks » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:21 pm

joks

Postby Madlez » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:35 pm

Colossus done. Luckily the earring droped aswell. Had to staunch tho and used some other dirty tricks, but ended up with me having LH still up so not that ultra hard.

Madlez
Madlez

Next

Return to Crusaders' Warhall