[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - **Small change affecting Burst of Sunlight/Marrow**

**Small change affecting Burst of Sunlight/Marrow**

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

**Small change affecting Burst of Sunlight/Marrow**

Postby Tracila » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:19 pm

Since the last patch Burst of Marrow and Burst of Sunlight are on the same timer. This really shouldn't be a suprise for anyone and it just makes sense.

One change I did notice that concerns me is the cast time. It has been changed from .25 to .30. I don't know if this was intended or not. Anyone able to get clarification?
[url=http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=879005]Image
Image[/url]
Tracila

Postby Hulkling » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:50 pm

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Dray » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:11 pm

Last edited by Dray on Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Township Rebellion - Luclin
Dray

Postby Rihard » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:25 pm

Rihard

Server: Xegony

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby dindaur » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:18 pm

interesting ( that sk's got their taps unlinked ). perhaps we do have a shot at two bursts. honestly in my opinion it's quite more useful than chainable undead nukes or an extra stun that i never used. double-burst is a final step towards cementing the new paladin role of best-burst healer in the game. i think it is appropriate for the class to move in such a direction. and i think we can all agree the bursts are properly balanced with the ghastly long lockout timer.
Lord Dindaur Stoutbrew
dindaur

Server: the nameless

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby dindaur » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:25 pm

dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Rihard » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:58 pm

Rihard

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby dindaur » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:28 pm

dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Khael » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:07 am

Either that or make Radiant Light much more mana efficient, so it can fill the role of the mana efficient fast heal that it's supposed to, while Burst is more of an "uh-oh" heal. I checked lucy just now and found they have roughly the same mana efficiency unfocused... found that a bit odd, considering.

Personally I think I would prefer the higher mana efficiency route. I like having the option of being able to heal for longer periods of time, without having to use duration heals (never much liked them).
"Hike. Hikeba inochi wa tasukeru... hikaneba."
Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Nodden » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:32 pm

The linking of our bursts is a pretty big deal to me. Akhera and undead nukes I don't care about tbh.
Nodden

Server: Antonius Bayle

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby dindaur » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:49 pm

dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:11 pm

knytul

Paladin Main

Postby dindaur » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:43 pm

dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Bruennor » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:03 pm

Bruennor

Postby dindaur » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:09 pm

dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Tracila » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:03 pm

Tracila

Postby dindaur » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:26 pm

dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Bruennor » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:35 am

when im raid buffed, im at 4100 ac, normal buffs have me around 3900 ac, and hit around 20k hp, not counting fires, cleric aura, assuming they have it, and what not. Don't normally hang with a ranger, and only time I have more than a druid and a chanter is when I hang with a friend who boxes. I can't handle mobs in crystallos without chaining heals on myself, with just a druid, well, if its a golem anyway, or a particularly nasty wyvern. Eyes, I have been able to pick up the adds and eye and live with just a druid, after the warrior we have dies. But the catch there is, the eye is usually sub 30 percent hp, and one of hte adds is already almost dead as well. In those instances, I run the druid ragged, and my mana ends up low due to the chain healing I have to do, and usually end up losing loh and clicky group heal in the process. The only plus side to that was the ae aggro that I was building on all 4 mobs at the same time.

Now, I guess I don't have to worry about running out of mana, course, I may end up losing all of it before the fight is done when I end up dead. The only plus is I don't go to crystallos without my warrior friend, and doubt I ever will now, since I can't rely on my heals to the point that I could handle single pulls with a druid. Bursts made a major change in my playstyle, and its rather annoying having to go back to using a light that can't crit for half of what a burst does, and is forced to be chained non stop when I get into a situation as mentioned above. And whats sad is even non stop, it doesnt compare to the burst. So I don't think we need a more mana efficient light heal, I think we need a higher healing light heal.
Bruennor

Postby dindaur » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:47 am

dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Blabberpuss Stryyker » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:21 am

Blabberpuss Stryyker

Paladin Main

Postby dindaur » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:26 am

i'll say this, in lieu of the bust nerf i've swapped out touch ( slow mana effecient ) for light ( fast mana efficient ) and what a world of difference. i almost prefer light over burst now, because it doesnt lock your spells, and can be cast quite a few times.
dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Bruennor » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:11 am

Bruennor

Postby Hulkling » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:03 am

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Blabberpuss Stryyker » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:53 am

Last edited by Blabberpuss Stryyker on Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blabberpuss Stryyker

Paladin Main

Postby Rihard » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:31 pm

Rihard

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:36 pm

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby dindaur » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:49 pm

dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:56 pm

Last edited by Hulkling on Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby dindaur » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:58 pm

dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Khael » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:59 pm

I would try to ask for an improvement on Light heals rather than fight the losing battle of trying to unlink Bursts (which are quite obviously the same 'line' - anyone arguing that they're not is just blind). While yes, unlinked bursts was probably awesome, they were on the same line, and that's what the patch was all about. Linking spells that were on the same line.

Boost Light spells up to a level where they can compete with Bursts, longterm (efficiency needs a boost, probably healed amount as well), and I think the problem goes away.

We can probably argue that Last Rites is not on the same line as Benediction / Burial Rites though (seeing as how one is a 10% dps boost and the other is a snare). That is a battle we might win.
Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:03 pm

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby dindaur » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:48 pm

dindaur

Paladin Main