[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Highest Slays to Date

Highest Slays to Date

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Highest Slays to Date

Postby knytul » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:53 pm

So far this my highest:
Attachments
Highslay.jpg
Highslay.jpg (69.68 KiB) Viewed 7387 times
knytul

Paladin Main

Re: Highest Slays to Date

Postby Genadinee » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:55 am

/em Waits with bated breath for the 'Nerf Slay' ,'OMG you guys are DPS' comments from all those ignorant goofballs that do not understand what has to happen for those type numbers to happen.
Genadinee

Server: Atonius

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:54 am

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Wyvernwill » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:26 am

LOL Thanks to Wizards breaking the 100k nuke crit mark... I doubt that we really need to worry about people screaming nerf slay. At least once upon a time, Slays were the biggest crits you saw anywhere, which at least made the outcry seem semi reasonable.
Wyvernwill

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:37 am

Nice slay, I assume that mob is weak to piercing type?
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:23 pm

just weak to melee period. Thats using Corrupted Soul Piercer w/ 7 dmg aug tho. Im gonna keep my eye out for that tower 1hb w/ like...151 dmg iirc, aug it up, and next time back in FC see if i can break 60k.

I didnt create this thread for any DPS cries, i created it to see if i could challenge others to try to break that high slay. Last one recorded that i can remember was around 51k. Theres a 59k. Who wants to go for 60, let alone 65k?
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby boukk » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:32 am

Did a 63k long while ago with BM 2hb, might have SS on some hard disk.
boukk

Postby Abazzagorath » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:34 pm

That's a 37k slay =P

Mods increased the dmg value post slay conversion, but its still a 37k slay which many people have surpassed, meaning people can get definitely get higher under the same conditions on the end damage value.
Abazzagorath

Server: Drinal

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:10 pm

Less Analyzing...More beating it :D
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Denak » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:39 am

But the more I'm am beating it.... the less I slay undead.

Apologies in advance for this joke
Denak

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:27 am

Slay undead is a passive ability. You can turn auto attack on and afk to do "other recreational activities" and slay away...
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby ZsaZsa Vavoom » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:38 pm

It occurred to me this weekend that unlike in the past there is not necessarily any one definitive best answer for the highest possible slay. I noticed a while ago that any time I got a crit, the difference between the displayed damage and crit damage didn't match; it was off by 1 or 2. And the more heroics I get (I'm assuming that is what is doing it), they are drifting further still apart, so by now they are all off by 6 or 7. Not a huge difference, but I imagine that two people who are otherwise identical but one has more heroics might be able to eke out another few points of damage.

So these days, if you want to "break the record", let's see... you want:
- Slay Undead maxed. Duh.
- Highest damage weapon possible. That looks like it would be Flashstriker's Great Mace at 152 damage. I'm stuck with BM hammer at 151 /cry
- Intensity of the Resolute. Huge difference.
- Some buff that increases melee damage by a fixed percentage. Champion does 10%. Eulogy trigger does 10%. Anything out there do more than 10%? Lucy appears to be down, which isn't helping.
- A mob that is particularly susceptible to weapon type/melee damage. If you stick with the Mace, a mob that is blunt susceptible, unless you can find a mob that is so susceptible to another type that it is worth not using a blunt weapon.
- As many heroics as possible if my theory above is accurate. Strength? That the likely culprit?

I'm distracted. What am I forgetting? Any other AA's? Think most of them are quite clear that they won't increase slays. As is, I'm maxing around 44k with BM hammer, Intensity, Eulogy trigger, but no weapon weaknesses.
ZsaZsa Vavoom of Drinal
85th Level Paladin of The Kindred and Keeper of the Funk
ZsaZsa Vavoom

Server: Drinal

Paladin Main

Postby shiftie » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:51 pm

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box