[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Hate override definition

Hate override definition

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Hate override definition

Postby Normy » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:28 pm

Ok, stupid question of the day. What exactly is meant by hate override? I only recently started hearing the terms when referencing crush agro, and again when referencing the lowering of agro from Splash. I've not found any post here that really helps explain it to me.

If I had to make an educated guess, I would say that the hate override is pretty much a set applied agro amount that is independent of what kind of agro is normally attached to that action. That would explain why our crushes can nuke for say 1500, but return like 2500 hate, when normally for spell hate it's a 1:1 ratio (before any modifier of course). And that would explain how they used it to fix splash agro, by basically capping the hate applied to each creature rather than getting 3-10k hate from each person hit by splash.

But since I've never really seen it explained I figure I might as well ask rather than assume. So am I close?
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Re: Hate override definition

Postby Brohg » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:12 pm

Yes, very close. The key is that Hate Override completely replaces any hate associated with a spell's action. So whether it's a companionable wave or a nuke for 50bajillion doesn't matter, if it has a Hate Override, that's the hate it generates.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby riou » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:27 am

riou

Server: The Rathe

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:01 am

Ok, thanks guys, that makes more sense to me now.
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Return to Crusaders' Warhall