[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Rumor of slay damage fix?

Rumor of slay damage fix?

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Rumor of slay damage fix?

Postby Normy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:04 pm

So I heard a rumor that slay damage is no longer capped at 65k, is that true? And if it is not, is there any plans on doing something like that?
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Re: Rumor of slay damage fix?

Postby boukk » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:01 pm

Haven't heard any word yet, it s been signaled through both beta and live board and ignored.

This issue isn't limited to slay, it also include warrior opprotunist strike and finishing blow abilities, also heard ranger were affected through their new archery ability .

They re going to have to remove it at some point or atleast up it some, as more and more class will be affected.
boukk

Postby Silverboltt » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:24 am

As of 11/11/10 it's still capped.
Attachments
Gimped Slay.JPG
Gimped Slay.JPG (39.26 KiB) Viewed 7710 times
Silverboltt

Paladin Main

Postby Silverboltt » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:26 am

Kinda frustrating I'm losing 50% damage to the cap
Silverboltt

Paladin Main

Postby Luthair » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:28 am

One thing that has occurred to me, has anyone done any parsing to see if its applied server side and just a problem with server->client messages?
Luthair

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:19 am

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby riou » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:22 am

Question is, what does Gamparse do on a 137k slay and it only hitting for 65k? Does it super inflate DPS numbers like yalp used to do? (There is a "Slay" column in gamparse so it does seem to read slays based off you slay blah blah, does it count the super slay or the gimped 65k version, etc)
riou

Server: The Rathe

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby vawen » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:50 am

If I remember right, it does the correct thing and think it is a vulnerability problem (partial ressist blunt dmg, etc). Would need to check my parses at home to ensure it.
vawen

Server: Antonius Bayle

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Silverboltt » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:28 am

Silverboltt

Paladin Main

Postby boukk » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:44 pm

The uncaping will have to come sooner or later, I haven't raided yet (been on a break since my guild folded), so I don't really know what number are like nowadays, but I doubt we are toping dps parse on undead, and we re supposed to afaik.

Also have to keep in mind that those big crit are only the result of a lucky Righteous indignation + VR, so it s not like it happen that often, and other class like warrior with opp strike are getting number close to 150k also, that on any target.

But if we re already at the top on undead, I ll just shut up ;p
boukk

Postby Genadinee » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:15 pm

No we are far from No1 on Undead, yes we get some nice numbers but VR is a 20 min recast, so yes once every 20 mins you can tie VR, Pureforge and 2nd Spire together for some nice Eye Candy but thats all it is.
Genadinee

Server: Atonius

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Silverboltt » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:18 pm

Couple things. None of this is a complaint, just observation and speculation.

If you think about it, excluding the usual AA upgrade we get every expansion and earnest fury, our passive DPS has received a very minimal boost. What has made great strides with this expansion is our burn DPS. I gotta admit it's really nice to hit IJ, 2nd Spire, VR, Glyph, 7th, Pureforge, and then Righteous Indignation. But people need to understand that's one mob every 20 minutes (4 hours with 7th, and even less often for Glyph since it's expendable).

SKs are getting restless over at http://www.evilgamer.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7042 and are crawling out of the woodwork for nerfs because they're afraid they're not #1 at absolutely every aspect of being a knight anymore. I read every single post on that thread and the misconceptions are mind boggling. They seem to be under the impression a paladin can hit auto attack and a disc and our DPS just turns in to God Mode. Or that all of our blasts are super efficient and that to put up big DPS numbers you don't have to spend 40-65% of your mana bar on ONE mob. The other main complaint I'm hearing from the SKs is that they're pissed they have to switch spell set ups to alternate between DPS and tanking.

...Seriously...?

What knight does not have different spell setups saved for tanking and DPSing? Maybe I am a fail knight but I certainly do and they I'm pretty sure they share 2, maybe 3 spells in common (Burst, Glorious, and Penitence). This doesn't event MENTION what happens if you throw utility into the mix. Any paladin that's used Lesson of Repentance, Divine Stun, and Shackles to do gimp crowd control or done pacify pulling knows what I mean here. I was the healer for a Fear exp group the other day and the only DPS spells I had memmed were Glorious and denouncement, and that's only because of their healing components. Earnest Cleansing, Joyous Light, Earnest Touch, Wave of Penitence, Burst of Dawnlight, Burst of Daybreak, Penitence, Aurora, Splash don't leave a ton of room for DPS spells.

I agree that Shadow Knights should be ahead of us on DPS, it should always be that way given their hybrid class composition. And except on an occasional burn, they still are.

HoT didn't make paladins amazing. It made them not as suckassish as they used to be.
Silverboltt

Paladin Main

Postby Silverboltt » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:20 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kravyn View Post
We do have to compare vs pallies now though.

Pallies are doing the same DPS we are, if not better... with less interaction. They dont have to mem 10 DPS spells to accomplish their numbers. We do. When an SK is full on burn, we no longer have spellslots to perform other roles, including our primary of tanking.

Pallies just click a disc and autoattack.

THAT is the problem.
Silverboltt

Paladin Main

Postby shiftie » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:51 pm

When they talk about old spells and spell dps lineup they are referring to the fact that they stack dots from multiple expansions or mix match older expansion spells. Whereas we upgrade our spells and mostly due to spells being on the same timers we use only current expansion spells. The method of delivery is different and to an extent I agree with them. We do have the option to tank and dps using the same spells. We do however have to switch out our heals for dps spells and that is our tradeoff.
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby boukk » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:44 am

We also take a AC hit and our healing suck when we do, so it s not like it is free.

I haven't been raiding for a while so I am only using data I have been asking around, but if all I have heard is correct, sk dps is still ahead of us even in burn, and their sustained and passive is a lot better than ours.
boukk

Postby Normy » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:37 am

Yea, consider your source. Nerf calls coming from the class that insisted our WoT made us invincible to modern day content. Same class that insisted they deserved a "slay living" AA, works exactly like slay undead except on everything but undead. Same class that has insisted pally self-healing is out of control, while they sit with an AA line that just auto-heals them whenever they melee while doing additional damage for 0 mana.

And now it's "They click one disc and do nothing" to get our DPS. I parsed myself all last night in an xp group, over 50% of my damage was coming from direct damage, I don't have our insta-invincible disc yet, but I'm pretty sure that every 20 minutes would have been a little slower than my group really wanted to kill mobs. And speaking of insta-DPS, isn't it roughly every 20 minutes that an SK can use HT to impart about 2k additional DPS for 30-40 seconds for the pain of pushing one button? I don't recall HT having any negative effects such as our 1 dps ability.

And thank you for the info on the damage cap. I was mistakenly told by a guildmate they thought the damage cap had been fixed for paladins. This didn't seem likely to me, but I don't have a weapon to test it with.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Silverboltt » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:30 pm

Yeah the thought of hitting a disc and pressing auto attack makes me lol considering any paladin going full burn is constantly hitting Disruptive, Crush of Repentance (maybe not if agro is an issue), Glorious, Denouncement, Elegy, (Eulogy + Annihilate if undead). A HUGE boost to our DPS from this expansion comes from spell DPS and if you want the parses I have plenty more very similar to this.

/tell Silverboltt Silverboltt -vs- A bloodied skeleton: -- DMG: 484057 -- DPS: 11257 -- Scaled: 11257 -- DirDmg: 166960 -- Slay: 155797 -- Slash: 155598 -- Bash: 5702 -- Non-crit rate: 58.4% -- crit rate: 35.6% -- crippling rate: 5.9% -- Attempts: 123 -- Hits: 101 -- Missed: 17 -- Defended: 5 -- Accuracy: 85.6% -- Avg Hit: 4792 -- Max hit: 49048 -- DMG to PC: 56880

Two things: First of all, if this wasn't an undead mob, think about how much more out of proportion the DirDmg vs. Slash numbers would be. DirDmg would be even higher if the fight had continued longer because that is just more time that I would have had to continue chaining nukes. Also, and this should grab your attention, DirDmg did more damage than even SLAY did.

Secondly, this is with Second Spire, Pureforge and Valorous on: no glyph, no 7th, nothing else. Which means in this particular case, Slash damage is generally higher than it normally would be versus fights where these abilities aren't used.
Silverboltt

Paladin Main

Postby Silverboltt » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:35 pm

Silverboltt

Paladin Main

Postby Brohg » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:40 pm

It might read as a sick weapon type modifier. The usual way to detect those is with a difference between reported crit damage and damage dealt, it may interpret slays the same way.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Shillingworth » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:37 am

Even in darkness, there is light.
Shillingworth

Server: Bertoxxulous

Paladin Main