[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Minimum Damage Modifier Questions

Minimum Damage Modifier Questions

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Minimum Damage Modifier Questions

Postby Thessiuss » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:19 pm

Ferocity is said to be going through a change in the next patch or 2.

It's going from (old):
Ferocity X
Increase Double Attack by 18%
Increase All Skills Minimum Damage Modifier by 260%

Ferocity XI
Increase Double Attack by 18%
Increase All Skills Minimum Damage Modifier by 280%

etc. increasing "All Skill Minimum Damage Modifier" by 20% each time.

To:
Ferocity X
1: Increase Chance to Double Attack by 18%
2: Increase Min Hit Damage by 200%
4: Increase Chance to Triple Attack by 25%
Fills your arms with speed, increasing your chance of performing a double attack.

Ferocity XI
1: Increase Chance to Double Attack by 18%
2: Increase Min Hit Damage by 200%
4: Increase Chance to Triple Attack by 30%
Fills your arms with speed, increasing your chance of performing a double attack.

etc. increasing Triple Attack by 5% each time.

My question is if the "min hit damage modifier" only affects the low/lowest DI's that we do or if it's a 200% boost across all DI's (DI's = damage intervals). I looked around on the site (and some others) for this info but didn't find an explanation about it. If nobody knows then i'll parse it & post the results, but i was wondering if anyone has concrete info about what "Increase Min Hit Damage" is. I've been getting mixed info about this effect.
Thessiuss

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Re: Minimum Damage Modifier Questions

Postby riou » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:13 pm

It should only increase your very lowest hit value up
riou

Server: The Rathe

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Aragir Lancot » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:06 am

If Riou is right about the impact that the change will have, how will that change the amount of damage increase from Ferocity? It looks to me like, for high-end players with plenty of attack, it will reduce their DPS output, but for players like me who haven't maxed Enhanced Aggression, it might actually improve my DPS, or at least be value-neutral.

I think the best I have is Ferocity VII on something, and it looks like that would just give me a 15% boost to third attack, as well as the increase to min hit damage.
Aragir Lancot

Postby Brohg » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:47 pm

In what way would it ever lower someone's damage? I mean, empirically, it doesn't. It's a huge boost for whoever has it, actually. I'm curious about your reasoning is all.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:34 am

What it does is set a new minimum value.

If you have a damage 50 weapon with a damage bonus of 21 then with a 200% minimum your minimum hit will be 121 (50x2+21).

Players do not use the DB + 20(DI) formula for attacks they have a muchlarger spread of damage.

With the minimum modifier it will determine your damage for every hit, and if it is less then 121 (in this example) replace it with 121.
Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Aragir Lancot » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:56 am

My reasoning was this: High end players have enough attack that they rarely hit for minimum damage. This change would modify ferocity so that it increases (only?) minimum damage and reduces the other bonuses that had been in place before. Therefore, since high end players rarely hit for minimum, and that's where the bonus is applied, they would not accrue the new bonus. But low-end players such as myself, who hit for minimum probably 10% of the time, would see a big increase in DPS, because that 10% value would be directly increased.

The third attack thing I guess would apply to flurry and to third attack, so they would get a few more attacks. Are you saying that your understanding of the change is that it would not ONLY increase minimum damage, but that the bonus would be applied to ALL damage?

In my mind, I'm seeing a range of hit values from, say, 10 to 100 increasing by 5's. This change would increase the minimum damage from 10 to 12, but not increase any other value. At least, that's the way I understand it. If it increased all hit values by 2, instead of ONLY the minimum hit, then obviously that would be a great thing for everybody, but it didn't sound like that was what it would do.
Aragir Lancot

Postby Aragir Lancot » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:02 pm

Aragir Lancot

Postby varutia » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:27 am

Just to note that Fero VII gets no triple attack, Fero VIII get 10 percent and Fero IX get 20 percent. If you are on Fero VII, you ain't going to see any boost.
varutia

Server: Bertoxxulous

Paladin Main

Postby Ughbash » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:28 am

Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box