[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Where to solo AA's at 90..

Where to solo AA's at 90..

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Where to solo AA's at 90..

Postby thurvok » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:41 am

It is getting harder to find groups.. cause my NON raid play time is so random and infrequent.. I want some idea where me and my merc cleric can solo and get the best AA XP vs time played.. I have around 4500 AA's but there are still 500 or more I would like that can help on raids.. Soo any ideas I would appreciate..
thurvok

Server: Povar

Re: Where to solo AA's at 90..

Postby Huurgh » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:11 am

As a shm I solo in Al Kabors NM. Root rotting animals. Sorry do not know your class by name alone.

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert A. Heinlein
Huurgh

Server: Antonius Bayle

Magician Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Boleslav » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:05 pm

With HoT, I find task experience to be faster to get than fighting experience a lot of the time. I bet you could solo some of the simpler HoT tasks pretty quickly. The Rupkerr tasks in Feerott for sure.

I'm not raid geared, and I use a PAL/SHM, healer merc and dps merc, but some of the T3 missions work well for me. Not sure how well geard a PAL healer merc would have to be to complete those solo, but they might be worth a try.
Boleslav Forgehamer
Paladin of Sacred Destiny
Boleslav

Server: Tunare (E'ci)

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby thurvok » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:24 pm

well I have lots of raid equip.. I buff to near 7k AC and 60k HP.. but no way would i try to solo Feerott.. the time vs XP is not worth it.. I have tried soloing FC but XP seems pretty low at level 90.. I wonder if undead in LP or HoS would be a good spot..
thurvok

Server: Povar

Postby Boleslav » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:18 pm

The experience from the mobs isn't good. But the experience for finishing the task is pretty good. For example, the task where you loot the froggie corpses. You don't have to kill many mobs to complete it. You get some slow grinding experience on the mobs, then a spike when you finish the task.

Without the task, the exp would suck.
Boleslav

Server: Tunare (E'ci)

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Shillingworth » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:59 am

You have considerably more AC/HP than me, but a solo paladin those alone do not make.

If you are good at timing your stuns (so that your dropping a fresh stun as the previous wears off), you should be able to solo anything that is stunable.
Our DPS, even with the upgrades we got, is still pretty slow, a melee DPS merc left in burn stance will offset that nicely. They use Theive's Eyes every encounter so it will help your DPS as well, just don't slack off on agro because they are about on par with the agro our stuns generate (just need to tip the balance a little).

Lower house basement, lots of undead, lots of named, XP is not so good if you can handle stronger stuff, but a great place to practice pulling and soloing.
Erudin Burning is really easy, get between 20 and 30% AA per kill, the named are a little difficult but far from impossible.
Upper house, the undead near Morel's castle stairway yield roughly half an AA per kill, but they respawn kinda slow.
Somnium has a wing of undead, I've yet to arrive and find it un-campped, but I imagine they would yield a considerable amount of XP if they are stunable.

An idea I have yet to try (still working on the solo task for it). Get a Miragul's Vendette instance. Work through the mission up until the first boss inside the castle. Burn through the first boss. Kill off all of the undead in the zone. By time you kill off all the undead the burn stuff should be ready again to take out the final boss.
Even in darkness, there is light.
Shillingworth

Server: Bertoxxulous

Paladin Main

Postby varutia » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:18 am

Depend on what you classify as ok xp, like many said HoT is mostly about task xp, so you want to do your research and pick the spot and tasks to maximize the lesson burn. Feerott is pretty ok place, 15 to 16 aa for me per lesson burn. Solo play is more about weapon you got rather than ac and hps amount as they are less relevant to some degree. Loping is really bad, HoS is only marginally better, you can try Frostcrypt some find it to be better xp, it is better than two previously mentioned zone in personal experience.

Feerott mobs are 22 to 23 percent per kill without lesson, you can actually make decent xp in combination with task xp. My weapons are very subpar, so I am pretty sure a lot of people here can do 20+ easily per lesson burn there. Traveling is super easy, that is a big plus in my view for selecting lesson burn area.
varutia

Server: Bertoxxulous

Paladin Main

Postby Thessiuss » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:33 am

best exp i've seen is swarming in frostcrypt. Pathing sucks but if you can get into a good corner, hit the right discs at the right times you can make awesome exp. 28 AA lesson burn if you clear the zone of undead. Group geared i'm guessing you could hit 18-20ish pretty easy.
Thessiuss

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:20 pm

With the damage cap changed for slay, FC is a fairly solid place as long as you swarm. If you don't pull whole wings of mobs at a time you probably won't find it to be very good.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby shiftie » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:10 pm

The damage cap to slay has been removed? I don't recall this change.

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Luthair » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:43 am

When they fixed Finishing blow abilities they made it so melee hits can land for over 65k, the highest I've seen with the new Righteous is 103k
Luthair

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:44 pm

I don't know about removed, but it's definately changed. I had a lucky slay in FC for 93k with Righteous, I don't even have that great of a weapon.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Delfino » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:52 pm

You can have slays land for numerical amounts well above 65K; However, the slays will only damage the mob for up to 65k worth of damage on a single hit. I do not believe they have increased the actual damage cap for slay.
Delfino

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Thessiuss » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:31 pm

[Wed Feb 16 01:07:14 2011] You slash Lilth for 139460 points of damage.
[Wed Feb 16 01:44:24 2011] You slash Lilth for 92632 points of damage.

There are others, but i don't want to go around & look through my logs. Point is, yes, slay cap has been changed :).
Thessiuss

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Return to Crusaders' Warhall