[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Cultural (HoT) vs Lucid for non raiding Paladin

Cultural (HoT) vs Lucid for non raiding Paladin

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Cultural (HoT) vs Lucid for non raiding Paladin

Postby Lyciana » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:40 pm

I just am now working on cultural for my non raiding Paladin. I read and looked at the Lucid that got changed in the recent patch. My paladin raided from POP thru UF and is wearing SoD 4.0 and SoD 4.5. There are only two focus on the entire set of Lucid for Paladins. It has been suggested to me I am wasting my time making the cultural and should get Lucid. I was intending on making the slot 17 cultural for non raiders which can be a focus and 25 purity.

Shiftie if you are out there, especially want your point of view. You might know me as Nyterose. It does seem unfair if Lucid now has more AC for a Paladin than Cultural does for HoT. I would have thought it should have been equal. Let me know what you think before I spend gallons of farming time on Shimmering Loam.
Lyciana

Re: Cultural (HoT) vs Lucid for non raiding Paladin

Postby shiftie » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:33 am

it is a financial perspective :) 250k ish for t4 visible and I'm 100% positive that the cultural will cost you more once you do the AAAA or w/e. The ac will be higher on the cultural I am almost certain but you'd have to check on some magelo profiles looking for those wearing it with outdated LB type augs, unless of course you have access to semi-current lb augs. It will be higher ac etc for sure then and higher heal amt/spell dmg as well as heroics. It depends on what you are looking to spend and how much effort you want to put in. For all of my alts I avoided cultural even though I am max ts because it just wasn't worth the hassle, and you lose out on the click as well as the extension of deflect via the focus. Really I'd probably go with the lucid just for the focus because it is just that amazing, unless you want to swap it in and out which a paladin in my guild did for a while when he was tanking... to me that is way too much micro management. The cultural armor as a set is massively OP, but from a raid perspective it didn't make sense to miss out on the extension focus. You'll be fine with whatever you choose so long as your aug set is decent, the t4 mobs are relatively easy to tank. If I had to choose I'd probably go with lucid due to expense and laziness but you'll have to peruse some magelos or make a fake one to see the difference, the click we get isn't all that good but the focus is on the lucid.

good luck :)

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Lyciana » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:40 am

Thanks Shiftee, just gives me food for thought. Still out of work and while I look time weighs heavy on my hands so to speak so I wasn't minding working on the cultural. I always have liked tradeskills and I have time to get from 250 to 300 on pottery and smithing so thats not an issue either. The slot 17 cultural for non raiders is not so bad and I did forget about the clicky on lucid chest. I was able to make it one in three attempts.

The problem I was experiencing was the fact how many months it took to get a lucid chest for my shaman. And as I tried to explain to a helpful ranger in my new guild I was pretty certain that cultural AC would win out over Lucid AC even with the changes SOE finally put in for Lucid (typically six months or more late). He told me how I should speak to a FS paladin (I told him I didn't need to do that)!

Oddly enough despite not having buffed hpts of more than 55k to 58k, my AC is in the mid 6k's, I seem to tank T4 just fine. I tried to explain 6K to 7K AC (buffed) can make up for the difference of the hpts I lack but that just didn't sink in. Luckily the people I tend to group with seem to be happy with me as their tank. My guild has few tanks on non raid times so its helpful to tweak my pally some and have her available.

Anyway, thanks again for the help. Btw awesome video!
Lyciana

Postby Shillingworth » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:51 am

Lucid isn't too bad, I was tanking in UF raids and tick tock wearing lucid and group non-visibles, it was rough but doable. If you do go cultural at least get/keep the lucid BP, the deflection focus and the clickie on it are really powerful to have around.
Even in darkness, there is light.
Shillingworth

Server: Bertoxxulous

Paladin Main

Postby Luthair » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:18 am

Luthair

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Return to Crusaders' Warhall