[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - back again

back again

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

back again

Postby Grendil » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:26 pm

im a 78 paladin inception date of may 8 1999...i would like to fully level before worrying about aas what zones are best for this,yes i have all expansions secondly what spell line up do i need for this? i am raid equipped with epic 2.0 ,from porthios and the like,and the bards in whatever zone that is i have forgotten...i got a cleric merc to back me up...thanks all for your help
Grendil

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Re: back again

Postby Thugo » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:43 pm

It's hard to swarm past level 71. Your best bet is to get level 80 and a full set of Abstruse Soulbound armor(HoThule T1 group set). Jumping Axe makes for a badass 1hs at lvl 80 and Hammer of Greatness for you 2h.

If you look at the previous post you'll see what zones are recommended.

As for spells, eulogy line is nice, ward of tunare is pretty useful, and Remorse for the Fallen is great for boosting your heals.

I can't link stuff with my iPhone right now, but Shifte has guide on how to swarm RoI in these forums. It has helped me tremendously btw Shifte your my hero! Just search "how to swarm" on the search tab for these forums and you'll see it. You'll need a lot of AA's to do it, but it's a great guide nonetheless.

Welcome back and god speed to you!
Thugo

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby Thessiuss » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:39 pm

I wouldn't recommend fully leveling before getting AA. Especially if the AA count is sub 1k. Unless you have someone helping push you through content, with gear and augs, you might want to pick up some AA along the way.

As others have stated, Ruins of Illsalin (RoI) would be a great place for exp. I think i stayed there until 88 or so IIRC. After that, i'd suggest Frostcrypt until about 91 then finding good groups in VoA zones after that.
Thessiuss

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:33 am

As a tank class NEVER let your levle get beyond your useful AA.

You need your combat agility, combat stability, Shield block.

I made that mistake with my warrior alt (around level 75)... do you know how embarassing it is to have to let the ranger tank for your warrior because you are missing thelast 15 levels of Combat Agility adn Stability?

Don't do it.
Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:32 am

Actually as a paladin you can get by on exceeding your tanking/useful aa if you learn how to properly stun lock. You won't be able to experience all content that way but you can sub in on trash mitigating something like 60% or more of all damage on anything that can be stunned. From there you can use deflect on the named or a tank disc on an up con.

That said certain undead zones are useful for swarming and others for stun locking (direwind is a good example).

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Elric » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:45 am

Shifty who?

./ducks
Elric

Paladin Main

Return to Crusaders' Warhall