[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - AA bonus scale

AA bonus scale

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

AA bonus scale

Postby Aetemius » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:38 pm

I've been puttering around with EQ again after 2 years away and I caught a whiff of something Elidroth wrote on the EQ boards. I don't have the link handy, but it said something about an AA exp bonus scale from 0-2500AA changing to 0-4000AA with a June patch.

Can someone explain what this means if I have 2200AA? Is it basically a multiplier - like at 2400AA I get X amount of AA EXP per mob + a certain %?

Edit: How long has the current bonus been in effect for and what % is it now?

Thanks!
Aetemius

Server: Maelin Starpyre

Paladin Main

Re: AA bonus scale

Postby Brohg » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:56 pm

The noob multiplier has been in effect since Seeds of Destruction (the Plane of Time - Void etc expansion) but started with a much lower cap, 1000. AA exp is doubled (+100%) at 0, tapering to normal no-multiplier at whatever the current cap is. Since you're currently at [1-(2500-2200/2500)=]88% of the cap, you're getting 12% bonus AA exp. If you're still at 2200 when the noob multiplier is instead spread across 4k, you'll be getting 55% bonus AA exp.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:59 am

Only thing I would add to what brogh said is while you get 12 percent now the multilier is 5 so you get an additioan 60 percent AA.

When they go to 4k the multipler will be 10 so you would be getting signifigantly more.
Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:05 am

Just so, quite right. 12% of the new modifier would still be over double AA exp. 55% of it would be sextuple AA exp.

for reference:
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Aetemius » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:15 am

Thanks to both of you for cluing me in. I grouped some last night with a boxed 90 ranger / cleric / bard in the new Feerot and was pulling 30% / AA with lesson. Good times after I figured out what spells I wanted to use to tank.

One self lesson though - when you have that healing twincast proc up along with remorse for the fallen proc, and you're in the middle of tanking a few mobs at once, don't hit your mod rod. Damn near killed myself. :P
Aetemius

Server: Maelin Starpyre

Paladin Main

Postby Abazzagorath » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:44 pm

Scale is moving to 1000% linearly degrading to 0% from 0 to 4000 aa. Its currently on the test server so will be live soon.
Abazzagorath

Server: Drinal

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Kidas52 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:37 am

When will this be live im going to concentrate on levels in leau of this update.
Saintz "Order of War" Level 89 almost 90 Paladin on the Drinal server. 1750 AAs defensive/Swarm based AA's
Kidas52

Paladin Main

Postby Brohg » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:08 am

It's on Test already, so likely the July patch
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Jabobtha » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:33 pm

All EverQuest Live Servers will be down on Wednesday, June 27, 2012 at 2:00 am US Pacific* for a Game Update. The servers are estimated to be unavailable for approximately 6 hours. Keep an eye on the EverQuest website and the forums for status updates and for news if additional downtime is needed.

From Piestro here

While the patch notes aren't up yet I don't know how much testing would be needed for changing the xp. I dev could even do that, go kill a few mobs on a toon with low aa count and make sure they aren't getting some whacked out amount of xp. Since this is one of the things that lots of people have been waiting for I would expect it to make that patch.
Jabobtha

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:20 pm

Nearly no testing to adjust the sliders on an existing system. Near infinitely simpler & safer than when they incorporated the noob multiplier for the first time. Still, not something they want to risk 1-900-MixALot up, so who knows. It won't be more than a month, for sure.

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=8563 !
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Return to Crusaders' Warhall