[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Gear....what next?

Gear....what next?

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Gear....what next?

Postby Jimmeedeen » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:24 pm

My guild is getting ready to enter Tacvi, we're working MPG raid trials, and DoN Dragons. I have very limited group playing time. I know what my weakest pieces are, and I have an idea of where I want to go with my gear selection. I just wanted to get a flavor from you high-enders of what gear (to include augs) I should really be on the look out for in the content I'm in. Thanks in advance. Magelo is in the sig!

Living through a fight is highly overrated!
Jimmeedeen

Postby Ashramm Damodred » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:56 pm

Few stabs at your EQ, legs since you're doing mpg trials, I recommend greaves of seething rage from hatred trial (it's one of the easier trials to do). I don't care for rikk legs, so I'd recommend seething rage, or tunat legs (once you're clearing tacvi). Once you get into tacvi, and manage the first boss, she drops a really nice bracer. Your bp is decent so don't think I'd recommend any upgrades from that for a while. Get some qvic gloves since you're close to tacvi. If I'm looking at your profile right I'd say your range is from shyra? If so get the helm she drops (it's pretty decent). Aegis of midnight drops in tacvi that would be a pretty sizeable upgrade (you won't see better till Late anguish). I can't speak much for the trials as I've only done 2, so speaking on experience with tacvi. There's a shoulder slot upgrade in tacvi , it's not a huge upgrade but would be an ac boost. A lot of your gear isn't that bad for where you are in progression. You do have some pieces that are a little rought (the 80 hp loot's gotta go). I'm wearing a few of the same pieces you are so /shrug, atm I'm waiting for my guild to start farming demi (1 more queen raid to go for slackers, 1 last round of blood aa's for slackers, and 1-2 more vule kills) before I upgrade those slots.
Lord Ashremx<br>Crusader<br>Zek<br>Ascending Dawn<br><A href="http://eq.magelo.com/profile/58420"><FONT color=#009999>My Gear</FONT></A>
Ashramm Damodred

Postby Anngelus » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:18 pm

Cannot see magelo, but as far as augs go, first mob in Tacvi drops iirc a 120 hp aug, lore. I agree with a lot of what Ashramm said, but if you are ready to enter Tacvi, rather than getting Qvic gloves, you might want to wait for . They are a bit more of an upgrade by 10 ac, 70 hp, and 25 saves to Trimdet's. The 5 avoidance is not a MAJOR loss, but can impact depending on where you are in relation to the cap.
Anngelus

Server: Bristlebane

Postby iron299wind » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:53 pm

If your doing DON dragons, and working through Tacvi, and MPG trials, are you also doing some of the Blood trials. If so have you considered the GM + Bazu augs for an upgrade path for some of your visible slots. The drawback there is getting the AAAA to do the combines. They can be quite expensive.
iron299wind

Postby Rathkin » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:02 pm

Just take all that 80hp gear you're wearing and look for plate in those slots, the arms are a huge up, gauntlets, they arnt neccesarily the best peices out of tacvi but they would be the biggest upgrades for you. The stuff the other guys suggested are nice too(bracer, aug, shield, shoulders(clicky on these is useful even after you upgrade them later) legs from mpg hatred). Just keep an eye out for big upgrades and spend your dkp on those.

I know you say your grouping time is at minimum but you could really benefit from camping RSS for some 25ac augs and +70hp augs. Also TSS quest armor(with power up) also make some nice qvic level or better gear if you can find the time to camp those.

Rathkin

Postby Jimmeedeen » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:36 am

Jimmeedeen

Postby emandes » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:43 am

emandes

Return to Equipment & Loot