[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Weapon revamp

Weapon revamp

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Weapon revamp

Postby frocus » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:52 pm

Anyone know a tentative date for when the adjustment to sof/sod weapons is going live?
frocus

Re: Weapon revamp

Postby Grimnar » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:19 am

Next full patch is the rumor, which will probably be sometime next week...
Grimnar

Server: Innoruuk (Nameless)

Postby Hulkling » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:47 pm

I'm hearing knight 1 handers are still below DPoB ratios, while all other 1 handers are equal to AG/FC ratio. Anyone have more detailed info on this? Or at least point me in the right direction? Not too familiar with group 1 handers in recent expansions, and I wanna have my ducks in a row before bitching to the Devs.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Mitsuko » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:33 pm

They are still below.

I have testcopied over with an Ebonlight blade and Rend.

The Ebon blade is 70 +5 or so elemental damage.

Rend is 80 +7 prismatic damage on test.

Both weapons are increased unfortunately, I personally think the Tempestuous longsword from SoF should come close to the BoFF in Anguish. The Ebon blade should come close to Eulogy and Rend should come close to the TSS 1hs.

Sorry, I am at work and don't have access to Alla's nor my account to verify the updated damage on Test.

I did make a post on the weapon revamp thread on the main SOE board regarding the 2 weapons and what they should be comparing them to for upgrades.
Mitsuko

Necromancer Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:47 pm

ok thx Mitsuko, that gives me a good start :)
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:23 am

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby frocus » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:07 am

2 handers are also not getting nearly the love as 1 handers.

Ignore me looked worse than it was by a bit at least regarding crys level weapons. they are now a bit over anhuish the 2 hander still lag behind the 1 handers but they had done so previously with 1 handers at anguish level and 2 handers a bit below.

2hb Maul of Elder wyvern 88 + 3 magic/35 Anguish weap 64/28 // 2.54 ratio compared to 2.28
2hp Glacier Crystal Lance 76+2 cold/30 Anguish weap 79+1cold/34 // 2.53 compared to 2.32
2hs Cauterizing Greatsword of Agony 90/35 Anguish weap 95/40 // 2.57 compared to 2.37

1hs Feral Igneous Chopper 40+1fire/22 Anguish weap 37/24 // 1.8 compared to 1.5
1hb Smoldering Cudgel of Grief 45/25 Anguish weap 33/22 // 1.82 compared to 1.54
frocus

Postby frocus » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:46 am

Think Klygg's is from OBF or dranik hulk.

Edit off Klygg in OBF but klyggs is a bit better than the 1 hander outta Korafax.

Edit x2 nm had cutter in the ratio comparison but klygg below in comment.
frocus

Postby Hulkling » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:09 pm

Thanks for info. I'm also specifically looking for the test revamps on:

Heuthlor, Bane of the Wyvern (evolving)
Tempestuous Longsword
Lifegutter Appendage
Snakespine Whip
Pestilence
Yarnhilted Longsword
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Arethro » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:40 pm

Anyone know what the 2HP from Tosk is going to be like?

*Edit I just went to raidloot to get the exact name of the 2HP and it shows as this now, so I assume this is the new change since wasn't it 82 damage before?

Spontoon of the Grey Watch Weapon_2HP ID: 105866
Magic Lore No Trade
Slot: Primary
DMG: 91 Delay: 31
Poison DMG: 1
Proc Effect: Fiery Strike IV Rate: +0%
» Decrease Hitpoints by 175; (Single)
AC: 38 HP: 1020 + 2/tick MANA: 945 + 6/tick END: 945 ATK: 25
STA: 61 STR: 26 WIS: 26 INT: 50 DEX: 38 AGI: 52 CHA: 12
SV FIRE: 36 SV COLD: 45 SV MAGIC: 33 SV POISON: 31 SV DISEASE: 54
Damage Shield: 3
Shielding: 2%
Spell Shielding: 1%
DoT Shielding: 2%
Stun Resist: 2%
Avoidance: 7
Combat Effects: 4
Accuracy: 5
Strike Through: 1%
Slot 1, type 4: empty
Required level of 80. Recommended level of 85.
Class: PAL, SHD
Races: All except Barbarian, Wood_Elf, Vah_Shir
Arethro Blackbishop
Arethro

Paladin Main

Postby frocus » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:43 pm

yarnhilted went from 53 with 4 magic to 56 with 5 disease same delay if i recall correct not on test atm and don't have test on laptop.
frocus

Postby Hulkling » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:01 pm

Success! looks like all SoF and SoD group knight 1 handers are getting bumped up more than what they currently now are on Test, and will make the next patch. Only bad news is the tradeskilled knight 1 handers are going to have to wait, as Ngreth wasn't available.

I haven't tackled 2 handers yet, will do that now I spose.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Mitsuko » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:05 pm

Great news Hulkling. I can't wait to see the updated versions. It is sad about the tradeskilled 1hs but at least they are quick to respond to feedback.

Did they mention when the next patch will be?
Mitsuko

Necromancer Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:17 pm

I believe next patch is Tuesday Dec 9th
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:43 pm

ok been looking over the 2 hander revamps, and to be honest, they look damn near perfect to me. All the weaponry revamps are directly compared to raid weapons:
-- Crystallos and Field of Scale are roughly DPoB level
-- Rathe/Kua/Discord are roughtly TSS level

DPoB Raid and Epic 2.0s
Ancient Cudgel of Slaughter: 2.34 + Freezing Strike IX (300dd)
Erilynne, the Master's Mistress: 2.65 + Lifesap IV (175dd)
Nightbane, Sword of the Valiant: 2.56
Innoruuk's Dark Blessing: 2.55
Vengeful Taelosian Blood Axe: 2.77

Crystallos/Field of Scale revamp
Maul of the Elder Wyvern: 2.56 + Freezing Strike IV (175dd)
Cauterizing Greatsword of Agony: 2.57 + Fiery Strike IV (175dd)
Glacier-Crystal Lance: 2.57 + Freezing Strike V (200dd)
Monstrous Mace: 2.58 + Freezing Strike V (200dd)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TSS Raid
Spiritsender's Amberpike: 2.91
Jagged Bone-Handled Ice Reaver: 2.89 + Chaotic Strike VII (250dd)
Fjorlask, War Maul of Shadows: 3.00 + Spirit Leech (150dd)

Toskirakk
Spontoon of the Grey Watch: 2.95 + Fiery Strike IV (175dd)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are the only revamped ones I've seen so far. If thats any indication, I have a good feeling all the other 2 handers are going to get proper treatment.

FYI the way I figure elemental damage into ratios, is by taking half of the elemental damage and adding it to the weapon damage.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:07 pm

I misunderstood..... I don't know for certain if the knight 1 hander re-revamp will make Dec 9th patch after all. Not looking good atm, might have to wait on Cultural changes.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Micker » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:35 pm

So these changes just effect group weapons and not raid level weapons??
Micker

Paladin Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Khauruk » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:56 am

Khauruk

Server: Luclin

Postby frocus » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:34 am

Yeah it looked worse than it actually was :oops: .

The 2 handers are at dpob ratios but the 1 handers are a bit over Dpob levels but it was caused by the ratios before hand 1 handers being ang level 2 handers being closer to qvic.

Hell it actually looks like the crystallos 1 handers are better than FoS 1 handers now.
frocus

Postby Hulkling » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:26 pm

yeah I'm kinda retracting my 2 hand statement. The crystallos duel wield weapons are waaayyy better than DPoB. Which is odd becuase the 1 duel weild weapon I've seen from FoS is right at DPoB level.....and crystallos and FoS are supposed to be the same tier. /boggle
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby frocus » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:16 am

Unfortunately an error was made with some of the new weapon ratio changes, and these will need to be changed again.

To compound this further, the further changes that need to be made cannot make it in before the patch, it is already too late. The issue was just found this morning, and we cannot make changes to anything going into the patch that is not actually crashing the game.

In some of the cases this will further increase the ratio, in other cases this will decrease the ratio. Here is the list of intended damage and delay values:

NAME - DELAY - BASE_DAMAGE
Deadclaw - 23 - 33
Pestilence - 32 - 55
Arc of Pain - 23 - 29
Longfang - 31 - 64
Scepter of the Illusionist - 24 - 37
Ornate Bonecrusher - 26 - 49
Light of the Forest - 22 - 37
Bearfang Fists - 20 - 33
Wolfclaws - 19 - 31
Simple Wooden Staff - 35 - 79
Poison-Barbed Spear - 30 - 70
Sigil-Carved Bow - 23 - 39
Soulscourge - 24 - 44
Rod of Dark Rituals - 23 - 50
Howling Hatchet - 24 - 45
Fearspine - 23 - 42
Clayforger - 21 - 38
Master Cosensal's Smasher - 18 - 34
Soulcleave - 32 - 84
Punctual Earthsaber - 33 - 78
Deathstalker's Spiked Bowbender - 23 - 51
Rend - 34 - 85
Mindrend - 24 - 45
Chainrender's Mace - 35 - 110
Chaxyl's Voulge - 32 - 100
Shadowhorn - 31 - 98

To be clear. This is NOT how they will be going in, in tomorrows patch, it is how they will be changed for the next full patch (probably in January)

And as for the other question this may bring up. Yes I am currently doing some of the item work, along with Aristo. No, neither I nor Aristo will be making grand changes at this time.

So looks like going in with the test ratios but another weapon patch coming in January.
frocus

Postby Sanghor » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:10 am

Sanghor

Postby frocus » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:05 am

Mind rend the dual wielders weap at 45/24 is close to Sekv from Harfange in tss which is 47/24 with 2 fire damage not sure what ele damage if any is present on mind rend tho.

Edit. there are just more knight 1 handers and 2 handers on the list because Hulk brought to the attention of some devs that there were some problems with knight and 2 hander weaps vs dual wield ones.
frocus

Postby Hulkling » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:43 pm

knight 1 handers are still not up to par with Anguish/DPoB/TSS like the melee 1 handers. I've been trying, but to no avail so far.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Saintsaens » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:10 pm

See the wiki for a list of the changes (that I could find on alla's) that went in with the patch today.
Saintsaens Sacre`Coeur
Lvl 100 Holy Defender
Officer/Assistant RL, Sol Invictus, The Tribunal

Formerly
Saintsaens Sacre`Coeur
Lvl 65 Paladin
Officer, Splintered Essence
Vulak`Aerr

Formerly
Lvl 52 Crusader
Archaic Arbitrators, Tallon Zek
Saintsaens

Server: Bristlebane

Paladin Main

Postby thurvok » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:43 pm

How does http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=71873 compare to Rend after revamp??
thurvok

Server: Povar

Postby Sanghor » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:22 am

Sanghor

Postby Sanghor » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:32 am

Ok, i saw the new post on EQ Forums...

Rend : 80+7/32 :shock: ...Crazy...

Sanghor.
Sanghor