[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Breastplate Question

Breastplate Question

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Breastplate Question

Postby balladish » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:36 pm

Hello folks. I currently wear a Darkened Enameled Black Chestplate (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=75710) with a Flameshield Stone. With Powersource I get 147 AC, 393 HP. The Improved Dodge isn't important because I have Improved Dodge 4 in my range item. The reduced mana cost focus though is important because I don't have that focus on any other item.

My alternative is a Frosted Cuirass of Enlightenment (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=35685). The argument to wear that is 3 additional shielding. My worn shielding is currently at 30, so I still have 5 more to go to hit cap. My avoidance is at 84, so I have 16 left to go to max.

So: do I sacrifice 12 AC (I don't care about the HP) and the mana focus for 3 shielding and 7 avoidance?

Thanks in advance.
balladish

Paladin Main

Re: Breastplate Question

Postby Brohg » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:33 pm

Yes. 1 for 1, shielding and avoidance are each better than armor class. Trading 12 of ACs for 12 of avoid/shields is a great trade. Replace your mana preservation focus by camping a SoD ring. Scanning real fast, I came up with from in Kaesora Library. That mob also drops Seminal Luminessence, so it should be at a tier you can handle with a group.

Put your magelo profile number in your user profile so it automatically shows up with your posts. It's enormously helpful to people offering advice about upgrades to seek.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Linc » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:53 am

100% agree with Brohg, quality advice especially about the KL camp :D

Linc
Linc

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Opfor » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:03 am

Without a doubt, make the trade
The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry
Opfor

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Return to Equipment & Loot