[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Anyone parsed the impact of parry % mod?

Anyone parsed the impact of parry % mod?

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Anyone parsed the impact of parry % mod?

Postby ZsaZsa Vavoom » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:37 pm

So in considering my upgrade path, my Fabled Shield of Mental Fortitude is starting to show its age. Last night I snagged a rotting back item in Field of Scale that allows me to shuffle a few things around, and for the most part seems like a good stopgap upgrade path until a few more raid drops fill in my weak spots. This is reflected in my Magelo and the alternate profiles I'm pondering.

The wildcard in all this is that the shield has a Parry 10% mod on it. That parry percent mod is something I don't see on many items, and I have a hard time deciding how much to value it. Anyone have an opinion or information, or even better a parse?
ZsaZsa Vavoom of Drinal
85th Level Paladin of The Kindred and Keeper of the Funk
ZsaZsa Vavoom

Server: Drinal

Paladin Main

Re: Anyone parsed the impact of parry % mod?

Postby knytul » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:16 am

i still use my Stitch's Ear which is 8% parry mod.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:29 am

I wish I did have parses, but unfortunately I've not found time nor do I have a parry mod.

However, here is my reasoning, for what its worth.

AC does not effect whether you get hit or not, it only effects a portion of the possible hit after its a confirmed hit. I don't remember the exact equation for being it, but it involves the level of the character being hit, lvl of the mob, and then it makes a skill check.

The things on your gear that you can do to minimize your chance of being hit involve avoidance, effects like improved dodge and such, and percentage mods. Percentage mods are easily the most rare, and they stack on top of the other effects like improved parry because its a direct skill modifier. So to me, this might be something worth hanging on to just for that.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Ughbash » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:18 pm

They have not to my knowledge placed either a +parry % item or a +block% item since TSS.

As a monk I hate the idea of giving up my 8% block mod and I suspect all knights who have a +8% parry mod are loathe to give it up too.

IMHO the best thing we could hope for is an aug (ideally type 3 off zeb) with a +8% parry mod and another with a +8% block mod.
Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Return to Equipment & Loot